REDRIVER2 is a project aiming to recreate Driver 2 experience in it's full form by decompiling the existing Playstation version and carefully reconstructing the original code so it will function very close to the original game.
It's currently 100% feature-complete (apart from memory card menu) and can run game as same as Playstation but now natively on any platforms (currently Windows and Linux) while also adding some improvements, restoring cut functionality and fixing known bugs.
By going cross-platform game resolves it's main flaws - the frame rate issues and quite short draw distance. It now plays on stable 30 FPS, with 3x draw distance.
- Improved cop AI batter logic to better balance difficulty
- Restored Tanner felony (can be seen in two Vegas missions)
- Cops no longer can see player if on different heights
- Fixed cop AI activation when player without felony touches roadblock car
- Fixed and improved Cop AI navigation/pathfinding
- Fixed player car drowning bug in tunnels
- Fixed Tanner "drowning" by non-moving train in Vegas Ghost Town
- Restored Tanner drowning movement in water
- Fixed Tanner sitting on chairs
- Easier jump in "Boat Jump"
- Improved draw distance and resolved glitches
- Restored street lamp damage
- Restored street light trails
- Fixed some polygons not drawing (Chicago Goose island's white barrels)
- Car lost hubcaps are now bound to single car
- Restored Havana secret car elevator sound
- Restored multiplayer follow camera
- Restored car engine smoke
- Leaves are now affected properly by player car and chased car
- Fix camera invalidation bugs
- Added variable zoom for non-locked tripod camera
- Added target height adjustment to locked tripod camera
- Improved chase camera, restored height and distance editing
- PC version now automatically saves undercover campaign progress
- PC version now has command line arguments
- Memory card overlay removed
- Soapy - lead programmer
- Fireboyd78 - code refactoring and improvements
- Krishty, someone972 - formats decoding
- Gh0stBlade - API-level PSY-Q libraries reimplementation (HLE PSX Emulator)
- Ben Lincoln - This Dust Remembers What It Once Was (TDR)
- Stohrendorf - Symdump utility
- VortexStory, Olanov, RacingFreak, Snoopii, Commando52Colton, NikkiChan92 - testing and feedback, media attention
Latest stable release (RECOMMENDED for first launch)
Before installation be sure to read instructions
Happy anniversary, Drivers!