Discussion for Driver 2: Back on the Streets [EU] / Driver 2: The Wheelman is Back [US] (2000)
By PostalDude
chrisl121212 wrote:I agree. GTA IV sucks.
Yep,however I still love GTAVC and GTA3,and think SA is ok.
By cleone
I find the original GTA best. I can't believe people compare Driver to GTA.
GTA has barely any driving in the missions and Driver is all about driving.
By PostalDude
chrisl121212 wrote:I find the original GTA best. I can't believe people compare Driver to GTA.
GTA has barely any driving in the missions and Driver is all about driving.
Exactly,its frigging idiotic.Driver is about car chases and driving(durrrr!) while GTA is about commiting crimes and stealing cars.
By cleone
I like Driver more than GTA. I like to drive.
By PostalDude
chrisl121212 wrote:I like Driver more than GTA. I like to drive.
Same.Driver 1 and 2 are the best,Driv3r is cool,but parallel lines sucks IMO.
By cleone
I don't have Parallel Lines. I want it though. Is there sex in there because I am hearing rumors of sex in the game?
By Nikusakken
chrisl121212 wrote:I don't have Parallel Lines. I want it though. Is there sex in there because I am hearing rumors of sex in the game?
There's no sex in the game. Only a sexual reference in one of the cutscenes where a girl is dancing in a club. But she wearing clothes.
By MikuMikuCookie
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Friends Avatar
nitrored wrote:umm woah...i remember playing that in the 3rd grade o_0,
I mean comon,im only almost 11 now...
:) Im almost 12, and My fave city is Havana, but I like the 18 wheeler in Chicago :)
By MikuMikuCookie
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Friends Avatar
Miller wrote:
madness (to Moonchild) wrote:I can't wait to see your mission videos.
Hopefully when your done we can add them to the download database. The download database lacks lots of Driver: 2 content.
Moonchild wrote:No problem their but It's gonna take awhile. I kind of have an obsession with driving perfect so all my mission videos will feature tanner's car not getting touched by the police or any of the environment (unless the mission warrants damage like the car raming missions) And some missions are really hard to complete that way you know.
Hey, cool. I will get into watching the movie thing, too, man. This is going to be good. Doing it without any scratches on the car sounds like it will be very difficult, but it will look cool in the end. Good luck, to be sure. And a word of thanks for doing this, Moonchild.

BTW, when you play that on your PS2 can you look at better graphics and higher resolution than playing it on PSOne? What about that gas pedal button? Doesn’t that thing have different levels of acceleration depending on how hard you press with the PS2 or something like that? Does it also work on the PSOne game?
Hi Miller, oh and I drive dirty (lol) I like crashing, and brawling with the police ;)
By Sedans
Clutch wrote:SOME : PP
I'm 18.5 : P
i knoe.. im 17

but 11? 12? really?!?!

o well.. guess i shudnt be complainin.. when i wuz 11 & 12 & even before that, i was on forums already soo yep.
By DrShemp
Registration Days Posts Avatar
TA1LGATER wrote:For now I'm having fun with the quick chase driving game with some cheat codes like sky modifier and change traffic. :mrgreen:
LOL me too.

I play this game every day on my PC and PS2.
By Sedans
this kinda stuff makes me wonder if some people never heard of ps3's and anything past like windows 2000. let alone Xboxs o_O
By Olanov
Offtopic: I hate the fact that Driver 2 Police AI seems to be worse than in Driver 1. They hit every lamp post there is (or cars).

But yeah, i still play this.
By 0takumetalhead
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Going offtopic aswell: Those in Havana and Rio where aggressive as hell, still dumb though.
By Olanov
0takumetalheadgamer wrote:Going offtopic aswell: Those in Havana and Rio where aggressive as hell, still dumb though.
Me going offtopic once more: Exactly. I think the cops are having hard time in chicago because the streets are so narrow. They seriously collide with everything :D
By 0takumetalhead
Before going way to off-topic, i think it needs an thread. If there is much more to say about it.
By 0takumetalhead
Topic made. (I'm not a mod but i need to say this). Back on topic please.
By myblueocean
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
I had just purchased a second hand copy as my disc 1 stopped working. I've kept the disc 2 as an extra backup for my original disc 2. I just only got my Playstation out of storage(near fourteen years) as my PS2 stopped working last month(ten years, on thar particular model from Sony Computer support), one of those laser/disc drive faults is the problem. I have assessed that a PS2 costs far too much to get another one, the lack of old cathade ray tube televisions has ment it just isn't worth £30-40 for one, more like £10-15 which nobody wants to sell at that price.

I walked past another second hand shop just last month, and the person selling one in that shop was charging £35 and wouldn't reduce it, yet he left the open disc compartment opened for show. Yet that isn't good, as the laser is exposed to dust. Exterior casing was either dusty dirty or warn out.

I had only purchased Driv3r for the PS2 last month as an extra copy false advertising came with the original case but a Platinum version cd :lol: , I have the xbox and the PC copy.

http://www.telegamez.de/wp-content/uplo ... parent.png

Driver 2 works better ont he PS, than the PS2 I have noticed the difference, especially the halo sunlight in Chicago. On the PS2 it looks like a crappy game. I mean Driver has always had that bumpy engine, and appearance.

1 pence and £2 for package and delivery for the Driver 2 game, I had also to get a memory card for it, £2.49, the game came with a broken case(was aware of that), just going to recycle that with the old disc, and PS2, some wires and an old time crisis game/gun.

It's cheap now. :P
By myblueocean
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
I've just completed the second mission in Havana. There are some frustrating missions, yet they feel easier than when I played it back in 2000. I use the analog stick to steer the vehicles. :lol: I didn't back then.

I did keep the PS2 Av wire for better quality wire integrity that is, the original is going for recycling on Friday along with a few old game guides, and the stuff mentioned above.

IGN wrote a pretty dissapointing review for this game, while Gamespot wrote a much more positive one.

I do remember that there was a secret car in Havana the tunnel mini and in Chicago, the yellow two door at the baseball stadium. :wink:
By 0takumetalhead
myblueocean wrote:I've just completed the second mission in Havana. There are some frustrating missions, yet they feel easier than when I played it back in 2000. I use the analog stick to steer the vehicles. :lol: I didn't back then.

I did keep the PS2 Av wire for better quality wire integrity that is, the original is going for recycling on Friday along with a few old game guides, and the stuff mentioned above.

IGN wrote a pretty dissapointing review for this game, while Gamespot wrote a much more positive one.

I do remember that there was a secret car in Havana the tunnel mini and in Chicago, the yellow two door at the baseball stadium. :wink:
Havana is pretty easy compared to some missions in Rio. Don't expect me to do those missions ever again.

Secret car in Chicago is my fave vehicle in the game :D
By cleone
myblueocean wrote:Yes, I vaguely remember some of the Rio missions like the chase, very very challenging.
The Gunman Chase is the hardest mission in the game in my opinion, thanks to wonderful wall glitches. But other than that, Rio is pretty easy.

Hi. I saw in Helegad's thread about beta stuff in […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg