Discussion for Driver 2: Back on the Streets [EU] / Driver 2: The Wheelman is Back [US] (2000)
By VegasOrRio
Registration Days Posts
Skylabh wrote:And also which tool did you use to create an iso?
I not created an iso so I put the cd in my computer and took the print,if I try to copy the files to my computer but is crash after seconds
By driverretro
Registration Days Posts Posts
Does any error messages show? Why not actually try an ISO creating program? Maybe ISOBuster (for which there's a definitive disc ripping guide with verification) or PowerISO.
By VegasOrRio
Registration Days Posts
driverretro wrote:Does any error messages show? Why not actually try an ISO creating program? Maybe ISOBuster (for which there's a definitive disc ripping guide with verification) or PowerISO.
I try to download the CD files to the computer but after seconds crash, i go to try create one ISO using the ISOBuster
By madness
the kid 78 wrote:It's dated a month before official release. Looks legit and a rare one.
If this is true, I totally want a non-corrupt rip of this.
Too bad the disk is scratched to oblivion :cry:

It's bizarre it's taken so long for news of this to surface on the internet.
Nearly 15 years after release. :o
By VegasOrRio
Registration Days Posts
madness wrote:
the kid 78 wrote:It's dated a month before official release. Looks legit and a rare one.
If this is true, I totally want a non-corrupt rip of this.
Too bad the disk is scratched to oblivion :cry:

It's bizarre it's taken so long for news of this to surface on the internet.
Nearly 15 years after release. :o
Always I wanted to discuss this for years, I found the Driver Madness forum and I had to show you guys I'm doing everything to recover this cd more well this hard I think few people in the world have played this version of Driver 2 are many differences in this CD What do I wanted to show you guys, was the gesture that tanner was when he came near a police barrier it was as if he were holding a weapon and then the fellone rises with Tanner on foot.
By driverretro
Where do you see this? Comparing the file lists provided by VegasOrRio, the strange disc is dated a month later than the retail release. This makes it point more towards being a bootleg hack, or at least a bootleg hack of some beta version.

Anyway, VegasOrRio, I recommend using PowerISO before ISOBuster. ISOBuster's disc backup method requires more experience and patience. I can guide you with how to create the disc image with PowerISO.
By VegasOrRio
Registration Days Posts
driverretro wrote:
Where do you see this? Comparing the file lists provided by VegasOrRio, the strange disc is dated a month later than the retail release. This makes it point more towards being a bootleg hack, or at least a bootleg hack of some beta version.

Anyway, VegasOrRio, I recommend using PowerISO before ISOBuster. ISOBuster's disc backup method requires more experience and patience. I can guide you with how to create the disc image with PowerISO.
Man this is not bootleg or beta version, have too one very strange thing also on the folder GFX two files with the name DISC1.TIM DISC2.TIM my hypothesis is the cd is single dont have DISC 2 probably it could be played in four cities I will post prints of the two files.
By driverretro
VegasOrRio wrote:Man this is not bootleg or beta version, have too one very strange thing also on the folder GFX two files with the name DISC1.TIM DISC2.TIM my hypothesis is the cd is single dont have DISC 2 probably it could be played in four cities I will post prints of the two files.
I know this isn't a beta. But it isn't very likely that this is a licensed release. I could be wrong about that, regardless. There are plenty of comprehensive lists and databases on the internet documenting as many official versions, like any variants/editions/re-releases/etc, as possible. This disc isn't listed in any of them. All I can see with confidence in the disc scans is the CS imprint; can anyone shed light on The Collection Series? I can't find any information on that. If this was a legit edition/re-release label, there would at least be SOME information in any online database.

BTW, for those who are curious, the outer edge of the disc surface reads " *The Collection Series* This CD is specially designed and produced under strict quality control to ensure all collectors the best." The shoddy English, though not telltale, is off-putting.
By Wheels
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Anna wrote:
PostalDude wrote:Jesus f***ing Christ.
LOL HE'S FROM BRAZIL
no wonder LMAO
whatever the f**k he's talking about, it's a bootleg
you didn't have to be hostile. this is exactly why I don't post on this forum for fear of getting flamed or insulted for no reason whatsoever.
You can't reason with PostalDude. Sad to say, he's been hostile for nearly 3 years of being on here. :(
By driverretro
And with the absence of updates from the OP, as well as the absence of the OP himself, I can only deduce that this bootleg of his is not everything he claimed. It seemed just a bit convenient that the disc's content can be accessed and read by his PC, but couldn't be ripped. The former should not be possible if the latter isn't. There's still the small chance that I'm wrong about this. If that ends up being the case, I will admit my fault.
By jerichoblnk
Registration Days
Wow, the OP is full of sh*t. The only way his story could have held water is if it was a legit disc prototype. As soon as he showed a picture of the disc, he lost all credibility as that is an obvious bootleg and there's no way in hell bootleggers have managed to hack up the game content that extensively without anybody discovering it in the past already.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]