Vote for many "Driver Related" things in here :)

What year will the next Driver come out?

9%
18%
3%
6%
Never
41%
12 inches...wait, wrong poll
24%
It's been 3 years since Driver: San Francisco came out. It took 5 years after Driver: Parallel Lines to release the game.

At this rate, what year do you think the next Driver game will come out, if ever?
The most accurate and honest estimation I could make about this game's future would be that it would probably be released later in the year 2020. That is, if the game ever gets a second chance.
(Still patiently waiting for Driver 4.)
Honestly i don't think we'll see a new Driver in the near future because Ubisoft is totally being focused on other franchises that are now with established names and give them lots of revenue. They tried to recover the Driver brand, it succeeded in some way but i think they expected a boom of sales like in D1-D2 era, but if you want that you need to polish very well a game and we know that Ubisoft sometimes lacks of that, it isn't all marketing to make sells like COD, in fact COD already has a market of kids so they can sale lots of copies. Driver in my opinion needs to bring together the racing and sandbox fanbase focusing on a mature storyline like the previous games.
max.thunder wrote:Honestly i don't think we'll see a new Driver in the near future because Ubisoft is totally being focused on other franchises that are now with established names and give them lots of revenue. They tried to recover the Driver brand, it succeeded in some way but i think they expected a boom of sales like in D1-D2 era, but if you want that you need to polish very well a game and we know that Ubisoft sometimes lacks of that, it isn't all marketing to make sells like COD, in fact COD already has a market of kids so they can sale lots of copies. Driver in my opinion needs to bring together the racing and sandbox fanbase focusing on a mature storyline like the previous games.
Exzactly! DSF felt like a softer, kiddie game with overly friendly attitudes with Tanner and most of the other characters. If Ubisoft wants to make Driver pure again, they can start with the mature themed, darker world combined with the more realistic personality Tanner like in Driver 2.
As for CoD, I can't see how their new titles keep selling when they are just modified versions of MW2. Sure, new maps, weapons, and characters, but why not just have updates with this stuff? But they obviuosly know what they're doing, since they keep recieving more and more money.
I actually think it might came out. Let's see in another point of view: Grand Theft Auto

GTA III - 2001. A great improvement in 3d Graphics
(a year later)
GTA VC - 2002/2003. Better gameplay, better than the last one
a year and a half later
GTA SA - 2004/2005. Simply, read the title
THREE YEARS LATER
GTA IV - 2008. Greatly enhanced the whole series' gameplay
FREAKIN' FIVE YEARS LATER!!!
GTA V - 2013. One of the best

My point: the longer the time gap, the better the game will be
Uhm. no. Driver isn't half as successful as GTA. Success (and more importantly, money) is what makes new games come out. Ubisoft said they weren't impressed with the sales of DSF, plus Reflections said they're "focusing on other projects", so that basically means Driver is dead.
"the longer the time gap, the better the game will be".....tell that to Duke Nukem Forever. :lol:
(please don't use us as your personal help desk anymore btw)
(please don't use us as your personal help desk anymore btw)
Yeah, glad to see you too :D .

Well, you got a point on that. I heard The Crew would be the spiritual successor of Driver. Unfortunately, I don't have an Xbox One :cry:
JackRourke343 wrote:I actually think it might came out. Let's see in another point of view: Grand Theft Auto

-GTA stuff goes here-
My point: the longer the time gap, the better the game will be
Certainly not. As PostalDude said, think about Duke Nukem Forever.
Timing means nothing, budget can mean something, but not always, but the most notable, is the development team.
Rockstar game's development team is absolutely massive, just watch the GTA V credits.
Driver never had a chance getting successful, and I think Driver SF was possibly the final attempt to revive a slowly dieing game. I can't speak for how popular Driver 1 was since I was very young at the time, but I've heard so many reviews and negative things about Driver 2 and 3 that it's insane.
I honestly thought DRIV3R was perfect, but felt a bit unfinished in certain areas, leading to it's instability during gameplay. Still thinking of that, I don't see why the game was so widely hated and labeled a "GTA copy", it very obviously stands on it's own.
I think what really makes a great game is the development team, yes, even with a small development team (Let's say my company for example, I'm currently the only person here and plan to keep it this way for a very long time) Have some insane ideas. Simply a game changer in the video game and movie industry.
My point being, the development team is pretty much the main aspect of making a great game, not how slow they drew one polygon.
T.K. wrote:I swear, am I the only one who LIKED DSF?
As much as I talk about the negative aspects, I do it because the game doesn't feel Driverly. I honestly enjoy playing the demo on the PS3 version, the free roam is where it's at. I would play it as well but I only currently own the beta PS3 demo. Oh hey, I just realized that people are going to want the demo one day, for beta stuff :wink:
I also liked Driver SF. As a game it's very, very good, but as a Driver sequel is "meh".

They honestly could have done a better job as well. I just don't like how I can't be chased by only one cop, the cop AI is kinda bad, film director is very limited and the pc port is a typical port from Ubisoft (the game overall feels limited, there are so many unused stuff for free roam). But overall I enjoyed it very much. I just take it as a reboot instead of a sequel however.
TheEngiGuy wrote:
I also liked Driver SF. As a game it's very, very good, but as a Driver sequel is "meh".

They honestly could have done a better job as well. I just don't like how I can't be chased by only one cop, the cop AI is kinda bad, film director is very limited and the pc port is a typical port from Ubisoft (the game overall feels limited, there are so many unused stuff for free roam). But overall I enjoyed it very much. I just take it as a reboot instead of a sequel however.
Agree with you. (Y)
PostalDude wrote:The Crew is feces. As is the Xbox One and all other "next gen" consoles. Wonky physics, crappy cop car liveries, NY and Detroit are the only two large detailed cities in the entire game, .etc.
I quite like The Crew.
I haven't been playing it though due to the glitches with stats being saved.
But from the first hour of playing it was decent. Maybe not the $69 I spent on it.
Perhaps I should have waited and gotten it for $40 :).
I was anxious to start playing ASAP, just sucks with some of the launch issues they have been having.
DRIVER 6

This is a sixth installment of which could be out in 2015, because the rumor that John Tanner would no longer there and replaced by Alex Taylor (The Crew) (Proof?)

No news, or any source prove there is a sixth version of this series in 2015 or even been announced!

Who knows maybe there will be another part to the story!
Some one trolling !!!!

Source: http://driver.wikia.com/wiki/Driver_%28Series%29
PostalDude wrote:The Crew is feces. As is the Xbox One and all other "next gen" consoles. Wonky physics, crappy cop car liveries, NY and Detroit are the only two large detailed cities in the entire game, .etc.
Detroit looks like they just copied Watch Dogs and put it into The Crew (in my opinion).
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]