Discussion for Driver: San Francisco (2011)
By Private Tadpole
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Some of you may know that Chapter 8 is the wackiest chapter of the game, as Tanner realizes that he is in a coma and his dream goes haywire. Additionally, at the first mission of Chapter 8, characters that appeared throughout the game will appear again whenever you shift into a vehicle, whether it's Tanner's or somebody else's, and say funny quotes. I decided to make a list of said quotes from the first mission of Chapter 8, though if I missed something, let me know!

Quotes that appear when you shift back into Tanner's vehicle
Jericho: Hope you're having fun, Tanner! You'll be in here for a long time.
Tanner: Get out of the car, Jericho! Get out of my head.

Jericho: The city's like a body, Tanner. The streets are veins. The traffic is blood. It's your blood, Tanner. You're destroying yourself.
Tanner: If the city's like a body... then Jericho's like a cancer... I'm gonna cut him right out!

Jericho: Knock knock, Tanner... being in two places at once is a weakness... not a strength...

Jones: Wow, man, you really lost it this time.
Tanner: No, Jones, for the first time, I am actually getting it. This is what it's real!

Ordell: Hey, Mr. Tanner, who's side are you on now?
Tanner: I'm done with detective work, Ordell. To easy to forget who you are.

Radio: Welcome to KEOC News, Your Eyes On the City. This is Jessica Adams, riding with detective John Tanner as he battles his own demons.
Tanner: What the hell?
Radio: Can John Tanner wake up from his nightmare, or he will succumb to his own monsters?
Tanner: Not now, please.

Quotes that appear when you shift into somebody else's vehicle
Jericho: Bad move, Tanner. If you're in here, who's in charge of your ride?
Tanner: You take your best shot, Jericho, and I'll take mine.

Guy: Wow, the entire city has gone, like, crazy, man!
Tanner: Who the hell are you supposed to be?
Guy: Hey, don't blame me, man, you thought me up!
Tanner: What's with my brain and all those surfers? How will they help me stop Jericho?

Jones: What are you doing here?
Tanner: Jones? I could ask you the same thing!
Jones: No, you can't. This is your twisted mess we're caught up in!
Tanner: Oh, that's just swell, Jones. Perhaps, when all- (Couldn't get the entire dialog)

Remember, as I said, I might have forgotten something, so if I did, let me know! I actually believe that Leila appears in Tanner's car, and I vaguely remember it happening, but I can't remember the following dialog and haven't managed to get her to appear in Chapter 8 in all three times I've replayed. It was on the Xbox 360 version, so it might even be exclusive, or 'corrupted' during the 'port' to PC.
Last edited by Private Tadpole on Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Steerclear
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Most of those I have heard, but some I haven't. Jericho's ones I have heard. However, I never really spend enough time in other vehicles to see what they have to say. I just constantly shift cars to hit wreck Jericho as quickly as possible. When I complete it on PC soonish (Completed on Xbox before) I'll see if they have anything else to say
PostalDude wrote:Uhm....there's only 7 chapters in the game(going by the .fchunks in the media folder on the PC version)? And I never heard any of those quotes on the PS3 and PC version.
There actually are eight chapters. It's a common misconception to believe that there are seven, but Deja Vu isn't the final mission of the game, it's just the final mission of Chapter 7. The proof is in the Xbox 360 achievements for the game. When you get to the part of Deja Vu that repeats the incident with the 'infinite alleyway', you get the "The Truth" achievement, in which it's objective is to complete Chapter 7. Afterwards, when you defeat Jericho in the mission that you have to throw cars around(I think the mission is called Race Against Death), you get the 'Survivor' achievement, in which it's objective is to complete Chapter 8. The final mission of the game isn't bound to any chapters.

Also, you need to stick around the first mission of Chapter 8 for quite a bit of time in order to hear those quotes, and to shift constantly. If you take Jericho down as fast as possible, you'll never hear half of the quotes.
Steerclear wrote:Most of those I have heard, but some I haven't. Jericho's ones I have heard. However, I never really spend enough time in other vehicles to see what they have to say. I just constantly shift cars to hit wreck Jericho as quickly as possible. When I complete it on PC soonish (Completed on Xbox before) I'll see if they have anything else to say
I personally think it's fun to hang around in the mission to hear the quotes, although on the other hand, the longer you stay around, the harder it gets to take down Jericho. And good luck, I hope you can find that dialog with Leila!
By Steerclear
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Unfortunately I did not manage to get the conversation between Leila and Tanner, but got some other speech from Jericho, shown at the beginning of the video. A lot from Tanner talking to himself. And the finished sentence that you half wrote above. Sorry if this is bumping an old topic etc But, if you're still here Tadpole you can check it out yourself below. I tried the mission 3 times myself too.
[youtube]
[/youtube]
By RaTcHeT302
Registration Days Posts Avatar
The "Eyes On the City" thing is an arc word, there's all sorts of foreshadowing I had never noticed while playing Driver.

The funniest dialogue to me has to be the School driver one with the asian dude.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]