Discussion for Driver: San Francisco (2011)
Someone from Driver-Dimension (Tannerkid) was watching the french Ubisoft forum when someone suddenly posted the pictures of what could possibly be the next Driver game, in a topic which was exactly about that.

Tannerkid saved the pictures to his computer without thinking anything. He was going to reply to the thread but then realized that in those few seconds that passed while he made a few clicks to save the images and to click the 'reply' button, the discussion had already mysteriously disappeared.

Here's what it shows:

Now my thoughts on this.

To me personally it doesn't really look like a Driver. Could be more of a GTA actually. But obviously it must be a Ubisoft game, since apparently they're trying to hide something. I was also thinking of Watch Dogs maybe? Watch Dogs however seems to be more developed already. Could also be another game that was modded, you know, a fake maybe. The landscape on the first picture reminds me of the few latest Need For Speeds. But why would Ubisoft remove this so quickly?

Fun thing is that someone on english Ubisoft forums posted a thread that asks which locations we would like to see in the next Driver. Plenty of topics like that have been posted already, but this dude who created this topic voted for "Route 66" — which is very ironic because what we see on the pics could be parts of a Route 66. Just go on Youtube and watch the whole Route 66 (in a few minutes), it shows lots of places like these. You go through a lot of small villages.

The woods would fit well for a place somewhere in the north of the US, and by coincidence the Route 66 used to start in the north, in Chicago, where by coincidence, Watch Dogs will play. So, is it just an under developed and unfinished part of Watch Dogs? There may be some "out of city" / rural locations too around Chicago, for that game.

The car first looked to me like a Hudson Hornet, which is a car present in Driver: San Francisco. Also, Watch Dogs uses the Driver: San Francisco traffic system. But now after having a second look, it doesn't look like a Hornet anymore. :P

The grass on the second pic looks very similar to the grass in DSF, except it's yellow here. The letter box and the tree on the 3rd picture look similar to those in DSF — I will check if they're the same.

I tried to read the number plate of the car, but I can't.

I searched for "Misty Moments — Your dreams we make" but couldn't find anything. Misty Moments alone gives me lots of pictures of woods and landscapes like the ones in those pics, on Google.

I tried to read what's written on the barrel on the second picture, but couldn't figure out.

I'm wondering what those cars in the background are. I watched a few screens from Watch Dogs very quickly, and these cars don't seem to appear in that trailer. They almost look like Stuntman car, but I know they aren't.

Anyway… enjoy :)

Edit // The letter box from DSF looks very similar, but it isn't the same. The 3D model looks to be basically the same, but then again it's just a classic letter box. The texture isn't exactly the same, the one in the pics above has like a "whole" in the bottom of the top part, the one in DSF doesn't. Then again, I don't know if this "black hole" :!: is a whole for real or maybe just an effect done with the texture. If it's just the texture, it could be the letter box from DSF.

As for the tree, there's no such thin and tiny tree in DSF, but the leaves look basically exactly the same.
Sadly it seems you're right!

I admit that the picture #3 reminded me of the little village that we saw in that E3 gameplay. But I would never have though more. I just watched it again and yeah, you can clearly recognize that street, even the Misty Moments building and also the cars in the background.

Hmm would have been cool if we would have learned that the next Driver is already half finished! :?

I'll inform the Driver-Dimension guys…

(still wondering why they removed this BTW.)
Well the game is already out as far as I know, and yes those might be beta images as it looks very unpolished, but why would they care? It's not like they hide beta images of other games anyway. And even if, what would Reflections or Ubisoft have to do with that? :?

I am seriously wondering why they removed this thread so quickly, I'm wondering if there wasn't maybe really leaked images of the next Driver, and the dude who saved these just thought they were random pictures from DSF!

The thread was here BTW: http://forums-fr.ubi.com/showthread.php ... 4-la-suite

It doesn't even seem like it's deleted, it just says we're not allowed to access it.
Nikusakken wrote:Wasn't a new Driver game put on hold until the completation of Watch Dogs?
Probably, since Reflections is now working with other Ubisoft studios and contributing their talents and meeting new people. I think that's kind of cool, honestly. Not being stuck in your own little world, but being a part of a family.
Yeah, I think they're doing the driving and traffic part, I find it cool too because that way they might get more experience in new / different fields, and maybe to return the favour another studio will help Reflections for a Driver game in the near future?
RacingFreak wrote:I personally think it can be pretty neat to make Driver MP mod, all GTA's have such mods, so why not? It must be even easier as there's no animations and crap like that to worry about. Dunno.
Wow that would beee JUICY dude! Driving in havana.. lots of chaos.. many cops and players driving Gray Havana cars, and each car could be choosable :3 so you could actually see each car.

Great idea that DriverMP. :D
I found the reason why Driv3r didn't include multiplayer in an old german interview
Why there is no multiplayer mode?

Because we designed the game four years ago for PS2 and Xbox . Back then it was unlikely that the online market is large enough to justify the additional cost. There would be loosely added several million dollars to the cost of production. We decided then that it would not be worth it. Unless at least six per cent of people use online features, not worth the effort.
Source
Runo wrote:
RacingFreak wrote:I personally think it can be pretty neat to make Driver MP mod, all GTA's have such mods, so why not? It must be even easier as there's no animations and crap like that to worry about. Dunno.
Wow that would beee JUICY dude! Driving in havana.. lots of chaos.. many cops and players driving Gray Havana cars, and each car could be choosable :3 so you could actually see each car.

Great idea that DriverMP. :D
You didnt get me, I meant for Driver 1, not Driver 2, sinces Driver 1 is for PC and it will be far easier to implement such thing than on PSX game ;)
max.thunder wrote:I found the reason why Driv3r didn't include multiplayer in an old german interview
Why there is no multiplayer mode?

Because we designed the game four years ago for PS2 and Xbox . Back then it was unlikely that the online market is large enough to justify the additional cost. There would be loosely added several million dollars to the cost of production. We decided then that it would not be worth it. Unless at least six per cent of people use online features, not worth the effort.
Source
Nice find, and sad to hear :?
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]