Discussion for Driver: San Francisco (2011)
By D5
- gas to be an option
- helicopters and planes
- customize you own cars and add bodykits and spinning rims and custome paint jobs
.instead of what they allow you to do
- cars and cops should be off when you are doing missions
I also want to be able to do more stuff in Driver 5 instead of just doing missions. I would like to have star tokens, side-missions, an d change eras from one year to the other, but i want to get the change eras option quicker, instead of doing 32 missions let there be 18 or 20 missions in the game!!! I want that added to my "Driver 5 Wishlist"!!!!
By D5
a lot more on-foot, like going into buildings, hotels, resturants, grocery stores, and houses
customizable characters, ex TK and switch to Tanner
more hidden cars to find
4 or 5 cities
more landmarks to go and see
D5 wrote:a lot more on-foot, like going into buildings, hotels, resturants, grocery stores, and houses
customizable characters, ex TK and switch to Tanner
more hidden cars to find
4 or 5 cities
more landmarks to go and see
I think reflections are focusing on the driving :specialdriver:
By DriverAmir
Registration Days Posts
My Wishlist:
- A bit more Driving Simulation. I'm not talking about GT, PGR or Toca.. but maybe like Stuntman. Parallel Lines was too Arcadish.
- Some More Realism, a new damage system. Like if you drive 146mph and crash into a car, then the car should be 100% Wrecked, and the Driver should lose health. But, nothing much should happen if you just rub other cars, or did some small accident on the traffic. Traffic lights just fly away when you drive into'em in Parallel Lines. It should be removed! And it should be like D3 again.
- Tanner is cool. I'd hope he survive..!
- 70s is the best year. At least it is, in Driver
- I'm a bit Confused. Cause, I wanna see Miami in D5, but they'd just maked it in D3.
- Cars like Cadillac, Dodge, Chervolet and Ford should be in Driver 5.
- More Realistic acting while on-foot.
- Police makes drive-by shooting in DPL, but i don't really want to see it in Driver5, the FBI could maybe or sometin'.

I think that's all... (Imaginating for more ideas ;) )
By DriverAmir
Registration Days Posts
D5 wrote:- gas to be an option
- helicopters and planes
- customize you own cars and add bodykits and spinning rims and custome paint jobs
.instead of what they allow you to do
- cars and cops should be off when you are doing missions
Did you said "cars and cops should be off when you are doing missions" ?
hmm!
I think that Traffic and Police makes the Missions more Cooler, Harder, Awesome'r...!
In some missions maybe, they could take the police off! And they could maybe cut some of the traffic in some speciel missions.
But, not disable them!! :D
By madness
DriverAmir wrote:My Wishlist:
- Tanner is cool. I'd hope he survive..!
)
Don't worry tanner survived there is 2 picies of evidence saying this:

-In Driver: Parallel Lines in the 2006 era in the safehouse there is a sign which says Tanner Lives.
-In Driver: Vegas tanner lives and you get to play as him, here are a few screenshots = = in our screenshots database, currently i have the story text pictures in there. I may as well add some gameplay screens in there to. :)
By DriverAmir
Registration Days Posts
Oh, that sounds nice!
Yeah, I also saw it in Parallel Lines. It signs "Tanner Lives" on the wall in era 2006. :)
By shaolin monk
Registration Days
i want
4 cities- miami, chicago, l.a, sn francisco
gas to be an option
a menu screen, like driver 1 or driv3r
2 player option like driver 2, such as getaways, or checkpoit races.
better on foot sections
customizable cars
mini games
AND I REALLY WANT........a arena where you could do stunts like the game stuntman, and make your own layout of the obstacles and ramps
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
madness wrote: I think reflections are focusing on the driving :specialdriver:
If you're going to call a game DRIVER :specialdriver: , it should be mainly driving. Perhaps they should have tranquilizers, or fail you for killing pedestrians, to get an M15+/Teen rating. I also think that driver 4/5 should follow straight on from the driv3r storyline.

I see a lot of people suggesting cities, and apart from sydney, they're all american cities. I'd like to see a mix of American (I say keep Miami; it's Tanner's home) and European, plus it would be neat to have an Australasian city for all of us down here. And after going to India earlier in the year, Bangalalore (a major Indian city) would be the best place ever for a driving game.
By madness
Anyone ever played burnout, I played "burnout 3" and "burnout revenge" and it had a "M" rating. And there was nothing wrong with the game it could have been perfectly "G" rated, it just had to many violent cars which just crash into each other. Which makes me wonder how DRIV3R only got an "M".
By Lseven7
madness wrote:Anyone ever played burnout, I played "burnout 3" and "burnout revenge" and it had a "M" rating. And there was nothing wrong with the game it could have been perfectly "G" rated, it just had to many violent cars which just crash into each other. Which makes me wonder how DRIV3R only got an "M".
sometimes its r18 here in NZ. (parallel lines always is). Burout 3 is a great game! I'd love to see a PC version.
By madness
lseven7 wrote:
madness wrote:Anyone ever played burnout, I played "burnout 3" and "burnout revenge" and it had a "M" rating. And there was nothing wrong with the game it could have been perfectly "G" rated, it just had to many violent cars which just crash into each other. Which makes me wonder how DRIV3R only got an "M".
sometimes its r18 here in NZ. (parallel lines always is). Burout 3 is a great game! I'd love to see a PC version.
Yeh, I seen on atari's site that DRIV3R was rated R18+ and i was thinking WTF!. Mainly because it was rated only M15+ here when our worst rating is MA15+ and our r18+ games rating dosent exsist because the goverment dosent let in true 18+ games. Like a few games i've wanted to purchase like "Postal 2" and "Manhunt".
By Lseven7
madness wrote:
lseven7 wrote:
Yeh, I seen on atari's site that DRIV3R was rated R18+ and i was thinking WTF!. Mainly because it was rated only M15+ here when our worst rating is MA15+ and our r18+ games rating dosent exsist because the goverment dosent let in true 18+ games. Like a few games i've wanted to purchase like "Postal 2" and "Manhunt".
Apparently its got that rating because you can kill people that are not gangsters, terrorists, criminals or military.
By madness
and their isn't even any blood and the kills don't even seem even close to realistic.

Sadly your goverment is making DRIV3R look like an Adult Only game like GTA and it isn't even close to that.
By Lseven7
madness wrote:and their isn't even any blood and the kills don't even seem even close to realistic.

Sadly your goverment is making DRIV3R look like an Adult Only game like GTA and it isn't even close to that.
Isn't it americas equivilant of r18 over there?. I don't play it to shoot pedestrians or police officers anyway, i play it cos its a great game.
By madness
I play it because it's a great Driving game :D.

In america i think it's only 15+ over there to, I'm not sure if they call it M15+ though, maybe an american can come to this thread and tell us.
By Lseven7
madness wrote:I play it because it's a great Driving game :D.

In america i think it's only 15+ over there to, I'm not sure if they call it M15+ though, maybe an american can come to this thread and tell us.
I agree with you on the driving part. The american rating is Mature 17+. quote esrb . com:
"MATURE
Titles rated M (Mature) have content that may be suitable for persons ages 17 and older. Titles in this category may contain intense violence, blood and gore, sexual content and/or strong language."

Don't know how that applies to driv3r.
By madness
Well here in australia we are allowed to buy;
G - anyone can buy these
G8+ anyone can buy these - Just recommended for years 8 and over
m15+ anyone can buy these just reccomended for 15 years and over
ma15+ you must be 15 years or older to buy these, a parent can buy it and you can still easily play it.
r18+ you must be over 18 years of age to purchase and view this although you can still play if and it dosent really matter but you can't buy them. NOTE: r18 rating only exsists in australia on movies, games with this rating are permiently banned.
By Lseven7
madness wrote:Well here in australia we are allowed to buy;
G - anyone can buy these
G8+ anyone can buy these - Just recommended for years 8 and over
m15+ anyone can buy these just reccomended for 15 years and over
ma15+ you must be 15 years or older to buy these, a parent can buy it and you can still easily play it.
r18+ you must be over 18 years of age to purchase and view this although you can still play if and it dosent really matter but you can't buy them. NOTE: r18 rating only exsists in australia on movies, games with this rating are permiently banned.
here in nz we have just converted to your rating system (with the big coloured stickers that ruin the cover) except our ma15+ games have either R13, (ive seen a couple of movies and 1 game with R15) R16 or R18 Stuck over them.
By madness
Interesting, You have so many R+'s as well :S
By Dan
Registration Days
Aircraft
Boats etc
Emergency Vehicles
The ability to design your own vehicle.
Explosives (Grenades etc)
Multi-Player in normal mode.
By Alberto
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Dan wrote:Aircraft
Boats etc
Emergency Vehicles
This makes me remember about something *cough* GTA *cough* :lol:
By Lseven7
Dan wrote:Aircraft
Boats etc
Emergency Vehicles
me and my friends have always thought how awsome an online driver would be, but it would be so hard to control. the main idea we had was have the administrators as police, and you get arrested for killing other players in the street, which means your account can only play the game inside the jail cells (which is really boring) for the duration of you sentence.
Alberto wrote: This makes me remember about something *cough* GTA *cough*
i think it they should include some of these things, but not go as far as gta; aim for an M15+/Teen game.
By madness
Driver would have been the first game to have online since GTA hasn't had any true 3D online feel to it, iremember a small network play feature in GTA1 and 2 but those 2 games where that crap I couldn't stand playing it that long.

But it would be amazing if we could have seen online in Driver: Parallel Lines like they had created and then they could have been the first to have online in their game for all those people trying to compeare it to GTA.

Anyways hopefully Reflections put a very nice Online play feature and hopefully they achually put it in the game instead of shoving it in the trash can where it should have been in my little hands, Driver: Parallel Lines.
how about character creation? u can pick tha race, gender, ect. :D

In The very begginning, you should have Character Creation, Pic ur race, gender, Hairstlyle, age , height, weight...

Gameplay should be very good like you should be able to go into stores to buy things, like when you go into a store to buy a piece, You sould be able to carry weapons in most catagories but not get carried away, If theres catagoies like : Pistol, SMG (UZI), Shotgun, Rifle, Thrown, (EX: Molotov) and special (EX Rocket laucher) You an only hold a couple weapons at a time, it wouldn't be realistic that you could hold one of each of those weapons at the same time, you can't hold an UZI, Rifle and Rocket Launcher at the same time, so you sould be able to BUY a house and Store things like cars in it, plus, you can switch out weapons that you character would be able to conceal, And another things, The 90's were great, why can't we have the video game take place sometime in the 90's? And you can buy clothes at different shops, like anything from street clothes to suits, to retro, things like bandannas and baseball caps, coats and sneakers...

You Should not have a main menu or a startup screen, just so you don't pick a car, you should be allowed to steal cars personalize them at a garage and bring them back to your house, yo should have a huge map, and NOT in New YORK How'd about California, With Connecting city's like Los Angeles And San Franscisco (Not sure if i spelled that right) And go to an airport, Buy A Ticket and take flight to other airports around The Area. It would be cool to have a variety of cars, from sports cars to sport sedans, sedans, pick-ups, SUV's, 18 Wheelers, (With different trailers) Delivery Trucks,motorcycles,police cars , and even things like lawn mowers and and bag trucks at the airports...

AI:

The City should be a working city, With things goin on 24/7, You could witness a car chase, Break into stores at night, And instead of cops just shooting you until you die, cops trying to arrest you NOT KILL YOU FOR JUST HITTING THEIR CAR They could have nightsticks and doughnuts and handcuffs to attempt to arrest you, There should be hand to hand combat, You should also be allowed to pick things off the ground and throw them at people, such as tires,2x4's, Doors, barrels, And things like liquor bottles,And watch them start cussin and crying for help, They could be like" You're mine u crook... OW MY MOTHER******* FACE OWW! THAT HURT LIKE ******* **** **** YOU"RE GOIN DOWN FOR THAT... As soon as i get the feeling back in my face, besides PAIN!!! OH ****!"Things like dropped guns, money, ect... should drop on the ground instead of float like they did In GTA, they should fall on the ground and your character should be able to pick them up...

Music is a must, See my topic "Driver Soundtrack" to post yours...
But there should be raido staions, not just a bunch of songs crunched together like in Driver: Paralell Lines; and trying to find songs in that was a nightmare, it took me like 7-8 minutes just to find one song...AHHH!,

These are just a few of my ideas; more comin soon, Enjoy them! :wink:

BTW: I'm Known as: Sedans, Sedans_is_back, And fo_do_Sedan at atari, but i decide to leave atari and come here...
Sedans wrote:how about character creation? u can pick tha race, gender, ect. :D

In The very begginning, you should have Character Creation, Pic ur race, gender, Hairstlyle, age , height, weight...
Just think about the FMV's for a second; if you can customize your Character it's not going to be possible to create an FMV for each mission in them all.

I don't think they should exclude the FMV's.
madness wrote:
Sedans wrote:how about character creation? u can pick tha race, gender, ect. :D

Just think about the FMV's for a second; if you can customize your Character it's not going to be possible to create an FMV for each mission in them all.

I don't think they should exclude the FMV's.
I want tanner back!! and FMVs
By madness
FMV's are great, and it also gives me a taste on the graphics and quality we could possibly get in future consoles. So lets hope we can get that quality from the FMV's in DRIVER: 5 on the PS3 and XBOX360.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]