Discussion for Driver: San Francisco (2011)
By Nikusakken
Little kids nowadays play games like Gears of War 2 and GTA. Driv3r had no blood or sexual references, and yet it got a mature rating (Interesting enough, here in Brazil, Driv3r got a 18+ only rating, while Parallel Lines got a 16+ only rating.) I don't see too much of a problem with blood or violence or sexual reference, I just don't wanna see the game full of it.
By T.K.
I'm fine as long as it sticks to the series.............and i can afford it.
By Smiler
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
I think that they should obviously have realistic blood, and on the odd occation the odd swear word here or there...

eg: if Tanner gets stabbed in the back when he least expects it then he shouts "Aaaahh... SHIIiiiiiitttt....." and would slowly collapse to the floor with a realistic level of blood coming from his back

Times like that a little swearing and blood would seem appropriate,

and I think that when you see the (Movie Style) Evil characters/Gangstas I think the angry swearing would just suit their character.
By DriverKid
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I think there should be some, but not to the extreme. Like if you're in a car accident, Tanner could be like "God damn it!" instead of "c*nt!"
By Smiler
@DriverKid

I dont think that it would be appropriate for tanner to be seen having a crash...

it would make him look cr*p at driving, and obviosly, tanner is supposed to be a proffesional Driver...

if your on about when your playing around and crash, I think that they should just make him stay quite and do the same as TK did in DPL (the same animations)

Tanner isn't really a loud mouth kind of character...
By DriverKid
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Smiler wrote:@DriverKid

I dont think that it would be appropriate for tanner to be seen having a crash...

it would make him look cr*p at driving, and obviosly, tanner is supposed to be a proffesional Driver...

if your on about when your playing around and crash, I think that they should just make him stay quite and do the same as TK did in DPL (the same animations)

Tanner isn't really a loud mouth kind of character...
That's what I mean, during gameplay. But only once and a while. In a cutscene, it could be somebody else colliding with him from suprise or whatever.
By Smiler
Hmmmm....

Maybe...

it would really depend on the situation...

I think that if tanner had someone crash into him, I would expect him to whack the steering wheel in anger!

although if someone was in the car with tanner, I would expect that other person to shout sh*t!, obviously....
By cleone
I don't think there should be stuff like sex, blood, and language should be in the next Driver. There were teens who grew up with Driver and now can't play them because of this stuff. I don't think that is fair.
By Smiler
I think that if they want to develop a successful Driver title, then they need to make it as much like a movie as possible, and that may mean adding sex, drugs and bad language.

and as for the age ratings, Well, I dont really know anyone that has ever been told that they couldn't play a game due to their age

Also, why would any of that bother you when there is worse things in the series, like stealing peoples cars and smashing them up?...

I would personally prefferre if the team at Reflections had no limits, so then they could make the game that they have always wanted to!.
By Nikusakken
The very first Driver had both blood and language in the cutscenes. Most games nowadays are going into maturity content. It's a trend (Blame it on GTA). It will stay for a long time. All that we can do is wait.
By cleone
Yeah. I remember the blood in the cutscene were that dude got shot and then Tanner chased a boat afterwards.
By bryand751
I meant no strong language.
By cleone
bryand751 wrote:I meant no strong language.
We all know what you meant by "no cusses".
By cleone
bb_42001 wrote:isn't there already a topic on this?
No. Not that I know of. Note that this is on "Driver: Working Title".

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4