Discussion for the fan-made game The Driver Syndicate.

Moderator: SOAP

By Xtreemo
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Thank you all for your compliments, guys! :D :D
Vortex wrote:It's beautiful! And hard to choose between the two versions :specialdriver:

Does the "Syndicate" in the logo uses the DRIVER font (babylon)?
Thank you! Nope, actually, the 'Driver' font is Serpentine. I used both versions (Serif and Sans Serif) for the Classic menus and for the logo as well.
By Vortex
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts LikeBB Avatar
Xtreemo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:54 am Thank you all for your compliments, guys! :D :D
Vortex wrote:It's beautiful! And hard to choose between the two versions :specialdriver:

Does the "Syndicate" in the logo uses the DRIVER font (babylon)?
Thank you! Nope, actually, the 'Driver' font is Serpentine. I used both versions (Serif and Sans Serif) for the Classic menus and for the logo as well.
But the "i" and "e" don't seem to be like the one from the "DRIVER" logo? I know that the DRIV3R font is called "Babylon5".
May i share your beautiful artwork on social medias (with credits)? :specialdriver:
By Xtreemo
Vortex wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:27 am But the "i" and "e" don't seem to be like the one from the "DRIVER" logo? I know that the DRIV3R font is called "Babylon5".
May i share your beautiful artwork on social medias (with credits)? :specialdriver:
I still do believe that the original Driver font is a Serpentine, and it might have been slightly modified to fit the mood of the game itself.

Of course! You can share them as much as you'd like :D :D I'd feel honored!
By SOAP
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Xtreemo wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:00 am Hello, I'm back!

I've seen this project take a little popularity in the past few days, so I decided to help you guys a little.

I've designed a UI and a Logo for this project, trying to help you guys to design modern and nostalgic Interfaces for the game. The images I've used are from my own portfolio - they come from the Driver 2 tribute series. If u have any questions, please don't hesitate and send them!

Everything was made in Photoshop (The logo was made in Illustrator, tho).

There are two versions - A classic and a modern one. The black and yellow colors have been chosen for the overall UIs as they are the main and best colors for classic cars.

Hope you guys liked it!

P.S: I've designed it with examples of modes, menus and options that I'd love to see in a Driver game. They're not meant to be taken as suggestions (unless you want to), neither you are forced to develop and put them in the mod.

---images cut---
Hey, Xtreemo! This is awesome so I even wanted to actually make it a thing in the actual game.
This is a kind of layout exactly like first one I could have been imagined but never drawn. Excellent!
Xtreemo liked this
By Xtreemo
SOAP wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:42 am
Hey, Xtreemo! This is awesome so I even wanted to actually make it a thing in the actual game.
This is a kind of layout exactly like first one I could have been imagined but never drawn. Excellent!

Thank you so much, SOAP! If you want to, feel free to design it in the game! :D :D
By SOAP
Merry Christmas!
Update has been released!
General:
- Performance optimizations
- Countless bug fixes
- Fixed crashes when restarting game
- Fixed throttle disabling when pressing brake
- Added control settings menu - Key bindings, controller settigs
- Improved shadows appearance
- Improved wet surfaces appearance when raining
- Improved replay storage and playback
- Improved Film Director interface layout
- `fastseek` command is now a lot faster
- Optimized car models with LODs

Gameplay changes:
- Added *demo story mission*
- Two new cars: Driver 2 Challenger and Taxi Cab
- Removed incomplete cars
- Steering improvements in favor of controllers
- Fire hydrants are now flowing with *WATER* when hit
- Traffic cars are now more confident on slopes
- Removed pursuer in chase minigame
- Altered cars in getaway minigames
- *Interview* bug fixes
- City buildings updated
- All **unfinished** roads has been *closed*
By FirePhoenix115
I downloaded this expecting another one of those low quality fan projects.

The surprise however was amazing, the menu feels exactly like the old school driver menu.
The game runs amazing.
The art style and graphics feel like this is some hidden expansion that they never released.

And then when you get to the mission where you get ambushed and you see that flashy little cinematic of the cars coming into the are, that gave me some actual goosebumps.

The driving feels amazing aswell, this really is a quality game so far, keep up the amazing work. i'm gonna be following it closely and would gladly pay money for the finished game with a story etc.
Krishty, Vortex, NikkiChan92 liked this
By Krishty
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Love it!

Just a very small request: Would it make sense to reset the free view when you restart a ride? I was pretty confused seeing only air after restarting a ride until I realized I forgot to hit F :)
By Xtreemo
I'm very happy to see a few of my artworks in this project and also how far it came. I hope that it still have a very long road up ahead.

I've played it and it's freaking awesome! For instance, I might as well do a suggestion: Could you please add controllers support? I'd love to play it with my Dualshock 4! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
By SOAP
Xtreemo wrote: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:33 pm I'm very happy to see a few of my artworks in this project and also how far it came. I hope that it still have a very long road up ahead.

I've played it and it's freaking awesome! For instance, I might as well do a suggestion: Could you please add controllers support? I'd love to play it with my Dualshock 4! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Heyea! :)
Controllers are supported, and controls can be rebound from main menu in the latest version :specialdriver:
Xtreemo, Vortex, NikkiChan92 liked this
By Vortex
DRIVER Syndicate is very good but with a good city (sorry Soap) it gets waaaay better!
Thanks to _matti for this great map :specialdriver:

In my opinion, the improvements that could still be made to this map are more buildings variety (so the biltmore hotel is actually there, the guitar from the Hard Rock Café, the America tower, Ocean Drive etc.) and textures variety (with shops and not only windowed buildings) and access to the beachs (even tho' it wasn't possible in the original) by removing a few little walls so Miami Beach gets the Rio vibes :specialdriver:

But anyway, it's really amazing what was achieved with that release, it's the benchmark of every map that could be made official in the game future releases!
The_Kilo_Gint liked this
By Vortex
Anon Ymous wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:51 am Is this great game/engine still active?
It definitely is! But the game and updates are more discussed on the Driver Discord.
The last State of the Game I made (Community content showcase):
Olanov liked this
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]