Free-for-all discussion!
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:Give this kid a break. Sure, a few posts of his made no sense, and we're attempting to write site standards, but "He has an IQ of a bag of rocks" is exactly such behavior I was saying is intolerable. Respect the members damit, this is very low. Exactly what I ment by members not showing any class, the whole "IQ of a bag of rocks" is a direct insult.
I very much agree with Dark on this one.

It seems many here are victimizing a young teenager who speaks an entirely different language as his primary language. It must be difficult. I do know we have a lot of bi-lingual people here. But helkensinken is only a young champ. He has lots to learn and could become a well respected and knowledgeable member in the future. So please leave him alone.

On this forum we need to think a lot more about the positives about each other. Less about the negatives.
madness wrote:
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:Give this kid a break. Sure, a few posts of his made no sense, and we're attempting to write site standards, but "He has an IQ of a bag of rocks" is exactly such behavior I was saying is intolerable. Respect the members damit, this is very low. Exactly what I ment by members not showing any class, the whole "IQ of a bag of rocks" is a direct insult.
I very much agree with Dark on this one.

It seems many here are victimizing a young teenager who speaks an entirely different language as his primary language. It must be difficult. I do know we have a lot of bi-lingual people here. But helkensinken is only a young champ. He has lots to learn and could become a well respected and knowledgeable member in the future. So please leave him alone.

On this forum we need to think a lot more about the positives about each other. Less about the negatives.
Totally agree with this. English isn't his first language; give they guy a break. There are few enough of us Driver fans around, we don't need to alienate any more of them :)
Not everyone is going to behave the same. We are much too quick to jump on other people and give them a hard time. At least this place isn't ad bad as GTAForums. It could always be worse.
DatDirtyBananas wrote:Some guy named cat made a post asking how big Tanner's dick is. Seriosuly why :x
I've looked into that post and it appears it has been sent using a server hosted in Austin, Texas.
Perhaps using the server as a VPN.

The email address used for that account is a girly one. So I suspect it's a girl.
Unless it's someone pretending to be a girl thus the reason they are using a VPN to hide their real IP address.

I won't reveal too much information as it would invalid the privacy of the original poster.
But they are using; http://incero.com/ and the IP address goes to a Forbidden page (You don't have permission to access / on this server.).
Skylabh wrote:What about " Retards Madness " instead of " Driver Madness" ? :mrgreen:
(Y)
CarLuver69 wrote:Not everyone is going to behave the same. We are much too quick to jump on other people and give them a hard time. At least this place isn't ad bad as GTAForums. It could always be worse.
Try telling this to the few members running around ruining my reputation.
I do agree with this though.
Hello guys a bit late to the party. I am sorry i have let my involvement in Driver Madness slip a bit. And lets see if we can work on some change as a community.

How about we open a suggestion box of sorts. I want you guys to PM me suggestions you have for this site. From rules to features, and anything in between. Lets work together here. That being said, Lets make these proper suggestions and not crap. I will monitor them and hopefully work towards improvements..

Come on guys lets get this ball rolling.

bb42001

Noodles

Olanov wrote:Good plan.
Great contribution there.

Anyway:

- We need more traffic. We can't do much to help the series' popularity at this point, so the fans that do end up here, we want to stick around. I believe we need a set of rules for posting in the forum; nothing strict or chosen on a basis of political correctness, but rules that help all members feel welcome.
- This site is completely passive. There needs to be time-critical events and changes that will bring people back to see results. Competitions, redesigns, even occasional prizes.
- As I have stated before, the Wikia attached to DM needs to be cut off as quick as possible, and replaced with something made with love.
- Again, competitions! Quickest time trial, best mod, most detailed car model.
- Maybe we can all set to work on a large project that requires many hands. I see a lot of us here are quite capable of working with software and computers in general.
helegad wrote:Great contribution there.
Sure, let me contribute. How about reading more carefully before posting? Go try to make me look bad someplace else.
bb_42001 wrote:I want you guys to PM me suggestions you have for this site.
- We need more traffic. We can't do much to help the series' popularity at this point, so the fans that do end up here, we want to stick around. I believe we need a set of rules for posting in the forum; nothing strict or chosen on a basis of political correctness, but rules that help all members feel welcome.
Good, agreed on most of that!
- This site is completely passive. There needs to be time-critical events and changes that will bring people back to see results. Competitions, redesigns, even occasional prizes.
Prizes, too much for a small forum like this.
- As I have stated before, the Wikia attached to DM needs to be cut off as quick as possible, and replaced with something made with love.
I don't see the point here, why we need to remove that while it's the only thing that makes this place worth credibility.
- Again, competitions! Quickest time trial, best mod, most detailed car model.
Nothing to complain about here :) :mrgreen:
- Maybe we can all set to work on a large project that requires many hands. I see a lot of us here are quite capable of working with software and computers in general.
Mostly you can see handful of users that are still loyal and contribute to this forum, we ain't GTA Mod forum which has many users that can create their own projects and find collaboration, moreover we have problems like Driver Parallel Lines that is close to impossible to be modded!

Some small projects are still in work like Driver 1 online, Driver Russia, Driver Syndicate !

All of these are under development, yes we need more projects like these, but we need more users first that are able and wiling to add more project to our community.
I think that competitions is a great idea, and we should host custom events in random games. (GTA V Dump truck stacking, Watch Dogs Demolition Derby, GTA IV Everyone's Roman, etc.) There are a few 3D modelers here, we could have model competitions. Members keep complaining about the visual style of the site, why not create a menu for the User Control Panel that allows users to change the color and text color of the site in their view? Only they are effected by the changes they make. Also, how about users can change the background photo for when people click on their profile? (All users can see this).
how about users can change the background photo for when people click on their profile? (All users can see this).
It will cause an overload on the server or hosting server which can lead to a ban. Maybe I'm wrong?
VAIMAHDO wrote:I think that competitions is a great idea, and we should host custom events in random games. (GTA V Dump truck stacking, Watch Dogs Demolition Derby, GTA IV Everyone's Roman, etc.) There are a few 3D modelers here, we could have model competitions. Members keep complaining about the visual style of the site, why not create a menu for the User Control Panel that allows users to change the color and text color of the site in their view? Only they are effected by the changes they make. Also, how about users can change the background photo for when people click on their profile? (All users can see this).
We can actually have multiple themes installed and set it so the user can choose which theme they wish to use, and that wont affect anyone but themselves.

bb42001

Noodles

What about expanding the forum basis a little bit? I'm aware there are off-topic sections, but what if we covered a wider-range of things with write-ups, and how to's, and stuff like that. People love to be informed.. (or maybe people love to be un-informed..hmmm..)

Separate sections for separate things to generate traffic from people seeking other things.
Sedans wrote:What about expanding the forum basis a little bit? I'm aware there are off-topic sections, but what if we covered a wider-range of things with write-ups, and how to's, and stuff like that. People love to be informed.. (or maybe people love to be un-informed..hmmm..)

Separate sections for separate things to generate traffic from people seeking other things.

I have actually tried that, We have a Farcry section and The Crew section, However they seem not to be popular at all really, What sections would you enjoy seeing?

bb42001

Noodles

We certainly don't need any additional forums. Maybe if the topics and targets of the pre-existing forums were realigned a little (to make them more inclusive of other areas), there would be more posting.

For example, if we were to add a Fallout forum to this site, it would just be the Fallout board. No sub-forums for modding or individual entries in the series or (God forbid) fanfiction. Of course, this can get a little out of hand, but with a bit of decisive generalizing (merging similar topics and widening their scope a little to do so effectively), it should work out great!
Olanov wrote:
helegad wrote:Great contribution there.
Sure, let me contribute. How about reading more carefully before posting? Go try to make me look bad someplace else.
bb_42001 wrote:I want you guys to PM me suggestions you have for this site.
Making you look bad is of extremely little importance to me. A two-word post in a topic made for site improvement suggestions, flavoured as "standing behind my local MP nodding my head on the seven o'clock news"-type input, is not even worth the time to post.
helegad wrote:Making you look bad is of extremely little importance to me. A two-word post in a topic made for site improvement suggestions, flavoured as "standing behind my local MP nodding my head on the seven o'clock news"-type input, is not even worth the time to post.
Except you're completely missing out the point. He said to PM him the suggestions, which I plan to. I just decided to let know in advance on the topic that people do care and think it's a good idea to steer DM on the right tracks. Get off your high horse and get on with it. Nitpicking about the slightest things and missing the point isn't going to help this site.

(N) (N) (N)
helegad wrote:We certainly don't need any additional forums.

I disagree. Why would you not want to expand? Simply because of low traffic? The ideal is to bring in more traffic, more forums over a wider range of subjects could possibly do just that.
bb_42001 wrote:
Sedans wrote:What about expanding the forum basis a little bit? I'm aware there are off-topic sections, but what if we covered a wider-range of things with write-ups, and how to's, and stuff like that. People love to be informed.. (or maybe people love to be un-informed..hmmm..)

I have actually tried that, We have a Farcry section and The Crew section, However they seem not to be popular at all really, What sections would you enjoy seeing?
Maybe not just video game sections, possibly some other stuff. Exactly what at the moment i dont know. but i will brainstorm and try to think up some stuff.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]