Because video games are fun.
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
well....watch dogs. 1 word comes to mind after playing for a good 3-4 hours, Over-hyped. I love the open world and the graphics, the driving is good as well. But the game seems...average. I was expecting the "next big thing" in video games, and to me this feels like more of a sleeping dogs type of game. Dont get me wrong, i still like the game, and will play it alot more...but when GTA comes to ps4 or the new Driver comes out i probably wont touch it again.
I haven't played the game so I can't judge it. In Metacritic you can see that user reviews are way lower than the critics reviews, and that means something (paid reviews?). With Driv3r same situation happened but the way around (even though we saw 2 paid magazines with ultra high scores), Driv3r was killed by critics but praised by users. I'll reserve my judgment when I play the game cos maybe it looks cool on vids but it isn't the same if you play it, i mean the feel of the cars and more...

Welcome to next gen.
[youtube]
[/youtube]
[youtube]
[/youtube]
[youtube]
[/youtube]
[youtube]
[/youtube]

I didn't know this game had air vehicles
[youtube]
[/youtube]
By Olanov
max.thunder wrote:Welcome to next gen.
This is what some people just don't understand. Okay, maybe you're just being funny or something, but either way, this is not next gen. We aren't living in next gen. We're living in the transition to next gen from old gen right now and currently, a lot of developers still feel the need to push these games to last gen consoles as well to double sales and what not. It may be overhyped, that's partly the developers fault but usually the players themselves are to blame for that. They begin speculating and then it grows to have huge expectations.

Personally, I haven't got to play it yet for I'm going through the process of installing it but the amount of "dumbed down graphics" and physics glitches aren't worrying me. I really could give less crap about some "dynamic shadows on objects and characters" and a few glitches here and there. What game hasn't had glitches? People shouldn't use "next gen" as an excuse, cus it's not that 100%. They're dividing the game to a multitude of plaftforms and that takes a lot of money and resourecs to do. They may not have that time or resources to polish up all of the things and I'm pretty postive that they will continue to patch the game for the more bigger issues.

Also Max, that last video was gameplay of Saints Row 3. An actual piece of sh*t in the gaming history.
By VAIMAHDO
Max, you can't judge a game by it's defects. As Olanov said, were not in the next gen yet, were in the middle of previous and current. And these new games are so advanced, glitches should be expected! Take DRIV3R as an example, it was so ahead of it's time, and due to that came with one catch. It's the glitches game known to anyone as of now. And because of that, critics judged it by it's defects only and didn't give a crap about any other aspect due to not being open minded at all. I'm pretty sure all of these glitches will be fixed, I just hope this doesn't turn into another DRIV3R story. Plus glitches will sometimes attract people to a game sometimes. Such as GTA 4's swing glitch has made players always take a visit to a park just to let the swings launch your car into the air faster then a rocket.
I know i can't judge the game by its defects but if we compare to a game released 6 years ago, although it wasn't multi platform, it was way more polished in those minor aspects although the gameplay was way more simplistic than WD (not involving hacking and such). Watch Dogs was delayed to fix that and looks they didn't (i hope the game gets regular patching like other games because if not it can kill the entire reputation of the game), I think that the game suffered cos the multiplatform. I also heard in lots of vids that the driving physics aren't pretty good. It's hard to believe that Reflections, who made an astonishing work with driving physics in DSF came out with something like this for WD.
By Nikusakken
One thing that can be noted about the graphics is that the reflections of the buildings are a lot like the reflections of the rear view mirror of the cars in DSF, which, I must say, is a very poor job, which just confirms to me that this game shouldn't be released on PS3 and X360. Overall, I'm having fun with the game, but it's not the next big revolutionary thing that Ubisoft was trying to push.
By VAIMAHDO
It seems that the more advanced games are getting, the more defective they are. Driver 1 was very stable from personal experience, such as no floating textures, objects, and countless oversights. Every time I play GTA V, which is pretty advanced and huge, I always find oversights and glitches. (Flying graffiti, flying sand, flying plants, flying dirt, flying objects, incorrectly placed objects, collision problems {Car will sink through the ground at times when the car is heavily damaged in the area that's hitting the ground} and many other things.} and GTA IV only had a few oversights (Swing glitch, ability to drive a heli into the inside of the Empire state building, ability to climb through the support beams of the airport check in building, ability to move into the bridge by the abandon house you will spawn at in party mode.) and hitting poles is sometimes an issue.
By madness
I've played the game for an hour so far on PC.
I quite agree with "Nikusakken", I very much dislike the car handling. It feels very unrealistic and unnatural. Other than that the game seems pretty exciting to me.

I don't think reflections worked on the vehicle dynamics and handing. It looks to me as if Ubisoft Reflectinos joined the party a little late when it come to helping out. Vehicle handling would have to be one of the first things they got working before they could design the levels to match that kind of handling. Not necessarily but I do believe it would be hard to lets say work on handling after the game had already been developed on for 3-4 years.

I'll play it a little more tomorrow.

I got the digital deluxe edition, I believe this has all the exclusives that come on the PlayStation version.

and I would have to say this does have a little Sleeping Dogs feel to it. But I couldn't bare the handling in Sleeping Dogs causing me to lose interest. WD is just acceptable. But could do with a lot of improvement.
By VAIMAHDO
Wow, even Sleeping Dogs has a handling defect. All this crap I'm always missing out on lol.
(Insert stuck in 2004 here)

Post edited by Skylabh.
Reason: picture no longer available.
By Nikusakken
On positive sides, Watch Dogs has one of the best character animations that I've seen. Also, the combat mechanics are very well executed, and the ability to hack does help in creating some interesting strategies.
By Fab2cent
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Maybe i was to hard on this game in my initial review. Its starting to grow on me, im starting to love the world of watch dogs and get over its flaws (such as the driving)
By madness
Fab2cent wrote:im starting to love the world of watch dogs and get over its flaws (such as the driving)
I was just playing it last night as I was driving around the city and thought to myself this really isn't that bad. But seriously I wished they made it more realistic.
By the kid 78
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Story line, is what make that game looks poor, graphics are awesome, gameplay is good, control and optimization are medium , but still good to play.

6/10 | by the way marketing staff whom they made this game sold like hotcakes :)
By Wheels
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Uh, max thunder? That game is actually Saints Row: The Third. It's not from the acutall WDS game.
yep, Olanov already told me, i never played SR so my mistake :oops:

going to get WD as soon it drops a little bit in price
By pete
*bump but didn't want to create new topic*

I just bought WD for PS3 and installed it. Problem is: the game won't load! I just get an animated icon in the bottom left corner and next to it it says "Loading". This goes on infinitely.
Can anyone help?
By pete
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:Probably an installation corruption, reinstall.
Exactly. reinstalled it and it worked. Thanks!
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]