Because video games are fun.
By madness
All the time you’ll find Grand Theft Auto fans calling the DRIVER series a gta clone but we always have to remind everyone these are very different games. Here we have a story of a game which some would call a driver clone and is more of a clone when you think about it rather than GTA fans calling DRIVER games a GTA clone. Remember again how different DRIV3R and Vice City were and even Parallel Lines and San Andreas, sure they have a kind of sandbox form of gameplay but didn’t the original driver have this, just without the weapons and this was before GTA was something, I’m not having a go at gta or any game I’m just here to tell you about a game which relates to the Driver Series.

Anyways, I’ll get back to the point of this story and this is about a game which you could call a “Driver Clone” thinking deep into detail they are still two separate products however the games purpose is very different, they way the game acts and the way it plays.

They call this game “The Wheelman” it’s a game focused on many of the things that the driver series is focused on, the game is focused on car chases from movies of the past 25 to 30 years, yeah that is even what the developer said so in the interview which has been released to the general public.

GTA fans seem to be angry that there are many GTA Clones out there, but how could you be angry, to me another DRIVER clone is another driving game that suits me, another game I can purchase and play as much as I like, since I’m a big fan of the DRIVER series why not “The Wheelman” a game which focuses on what the DRIVER series has always focused on.

The Wheelman is a next generation console and will be great for DRIVER fans to take a look at as we won’t be seeing the next generation DRIVER release for quite some time. So this game might be the next on your list as a freeform kind of game which those angry gta fans will be calling GTA Driver Clones.

I took a look at the trailer and the game is looking great, I will expect better from the driver series though. Just a few highlights from what I seen the game is great for anyone who wants to get into many car chases and pursuits and the graphics is pretty good with great physics, in the trailer there was a scene where the car drove under something with an explosion and chopped the top of the car off. Bits of the graphics and realism isn’t that great, I think in some areas DRIV3R does better but defiantly looks like it’s worth a try especially if your DRIVER crazy.

So why not check out some of the trailers and interviews and get some more information on this game, I’ll try to keep you up to date and I’ll add a “The Wheelman” section to the other games section, since this is looking like an awesome game which follows the lines of the Driver Series or could I even say the Parallel Lines of the Driver Series.

Click Here to Stream “The Wheelman” Trailer
Click Here to Download “The Wheelman Trailer
Click Here to Stream “The Wheelman Developer Interview”
Click Here to Download “The Wheelman Developer Interview”

NOTE: ALL downloads are unlinked, when I get some time to upload them I'll update this thread with working links.

Topic Stickeyied: relevant to the driver series.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
So this game is completly unrelated to driver and gta in terms of designers/developers etc (not made by the same people)? Im sure the wheelman was used in the title of driver 1 or 2.

Does it look like it will have any excessivly boring violence in it in it? If it is purely a driving game focussed on stunts/pursuits/explosions etc, then I think I'll buy it. If it is a "go around killing people with cars and guns" game, then I won't.
By madness
I think you have the ability to get out of the car and explorer on-foot, however I have seen no living proof of this I just read it somewhere.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
driver 1 = Driver: You Are the Wheelman

Thats why i thought the games could be related.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
When i first heard about this game, I actually thought that it was a possible spinoff from the Driver series but after seing the (pre-rendered) trailer it looks very similar to the Transporter movies.

Yeah, the subtitle for the first Driver is "You Are The Wheelman" and Driver 2's subtitle is "The Wheelman Is Back" so that's what led to my early confusion.

One thing that's dissapointing though is that no trailers or any real information has been released about the game in nearly a year... that can't be good.
By Coyote
Yeh, but only in the US (and maybe in Australia). In Europe there were no subtitle for the 1st Driver, and for the European Version of Driver 2, the subtitle was "Back on the Streets".
By Moonchild
"Back on the Streets"...in my opinion, that's a crappy subtitle. I wonder why they just didn't use the NA one.
By Moonchild
Skeleton wrote:is it for pc ?[/
Yes, Wheelman is in development for the PS3, PC, and Xbox 360.
By Coyote
I really need a PS3… they are so many good games…
By Skeleton
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Moonchild wrote:
Skeleton wrote:is it for pc ?[/
Yes, Wheelman is in development for the PS3, PC, and Xbox 360.
great i'll give it a look from gamespot :)
By Coyote
You don't need to tell us everything you'll do in the coming seconds ;)
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
and for the European Version of Driver 2, the subtitle was "Back on the Streets".
Well that's what my copy was called. I bought it from blockbuster video for 40 bucks about 8 or nine years back i think, i'm not entirely sure.
And i think it's about 20 bucks to the americans on the site, but if that seems too cheep then it is 80 to americans.
By smithdsouza
Registration Days
The Wheel man is a driving game developed by midway studios for Microsoft windows, xbox360, Play station3. The game is some what similar to transformer movie, i enjoy to play it. Try the game you will also enjoy the game.
By T.K.
WE KNO-Wait, similar to Transformers? What the F*CK are you smoking?
Last edited by T.K. on Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By T.K.
i didn't type that. I typed f**k, not fairy penguin
By T.K.
I didn't mean that. i just meant my post.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]