Because video games are fun.
By TheEngiGuy
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Now it's time to say this... Finally... FINALLY A NEXT-GEN RACING GAME WITH GOOD CAR DAMAGE!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =176123360

This is the successor of the first Flatout, after the huge failure called Flatout 3. I loved Flatout 1 to death :D

You know what pisses me off also? EXCLUSIVE PRE-ORDERS AS USUAL. Exclusive car, badge for the forums, your name in game, who the f* cares?
I wanted to buy that exclusive car but I had to pay for the badge and the soundtrack too, resulting in 10$ more dollars instead. Sucks.
I'm glad though they are making another Flatout game, can't wait to play it.
By max.thunder
I'm also hyped for this, but you have to know that Flatout 3 isn't a real successor to Flatout 2, F3 was made by Team6 and not Bugbear (which last game of the series was Flatout UC).
By TheEngiGuy
max.thunder wrote:I'm also hyped for this, but you have to know that Flatout 3 isn't a real successor to Flatout 2, F3 was made by Team6 and not Bugbear (which last game of the series was Flatout UC).
I know. It was still a failure using the name of a good franchise, good thing Bugbear is still making a Flatout game even though it's using a different name.
By Coyote
While it does look cool, I still think the Beam NG physics are much, much better. :) The guys have set the bar so high, it will be hard to top their work I think!
By max.thunder
Yeah, but you have to know that BeamNG is only an engine with a simulation of car crashes, not pretty much to do, on the other hand Flatout will be a full playable game with modes and such, and the sneak peek can be compared to BeamNG in terms that it's just a simulation map.
By PostalDude
BeamNG runs on Torque3D, an open source engine. Very early in developement, it was based on CryEngine.
I do agree about NCG's damage not being anything special, it's the same kind of damage used in GTA IV&V(hell, Super Runabout, a game for the Dreamcast that came out in 2000 has the same kind of damage, as well as Viper Racing, from 1998.)
By Coyote
Olanov wrote:There isn't.
Yes there is and it's called BeamNG.drive, plus, in the new year the guys from BeamNG will release some tools to integrate the physics in any engine (and therefore in any game), and this is why me and a few other people will be doing a game with it, which probably a lot of people will do when it will be available. :P
By pete
TheEngiGuy wrote:Should have been called BeamEngi Drive.
What does the NG even stand for? New Generation?
By max.thunder
Coyote wrote:And what if there was a game using Beam NG? :D
Sure it would be awesome but you would need a very high end PC to support all that real time damage, not with only one car, with with 10 or more competitors. Imagine that, indeed would be cool. :D
By max.thunder
Maybe in the future, tech is progressing very fast.
By max.thunder
(Y)
Bugbear should make next Driver :specialdriver: :mrgreen:
(if they had the license)
By max.thunder
OMG, the amount of cars, that's I always wanted for a Flatout game, after watching this i'm sure that i will buy it.
By madness
I got this on steam a few weeks ago, pretty cool. Cannot wait until it's finished with multiplayer and everything. Just downloading the new update now.
Coyote wrote:While it does look cool, I still think the Beam NG physics are much, much better. :) The guys have set the bar so high, it will be hard to top their work I think!
Beam NG just got on the stream to be green-lit if cool enough list. Hopefully it makes it through. I had a little play with it and it's very interesting indeed. Would be good if BugBear, Beam NG Team and Ubisoft Reflections all worked together to make a super realistic open world driving game.

I know a lot of people say shooting in driv3r ruined the game but it would be nice to have weapons to start shooting at cars :)

Personally I didn't think either of those games were as pickup and play as Flatout series. So far the most pickup and play game nextgen I've come across is Dirt Showdown and GRID2 on PC by codemasters.
By VAIMAHDO
I can't wait to try Beaming or Next Car Game! That is, when I get a strong computer! :D I've seen a LOT of debate if Beaming or Next is better, honestly, I'm on Next Car Game with this one. But why? The cars feel more metallic, you know, made of metal! madness had brought up DRIV3R and that reminded me of something. The fact that Reflections mentioned several times that "The game had been downgraded due to lack of technology especially with the PlayStation 2." This is an imitation that DRIV3R had much more dynamic crash effects. I'll guess they MAYBE had some type of soft body physics. We have seen in some beta "Rendered" screenshots that their machines they were using to develop the game on were VERY strong. Especially those HUGE screen resolutions they had on their CRT's. By guess, their specifications looked something like this: 2.00ghz processor or equivalent, 3GB+ RAM, and a 512mb video card running at 400mhz or above. Besides going off topic, I can't wait to touch Next Car Game myself!
By PostalDude
The new update for NCG is absolutely awesome-the LTD CV with a Caprice frontclip and Cutlass Supreme sedan tail lights is my fav car so far. Love the 80's American Racing wheels they put on it, the ex-cop car paintjob for it that makes it look like the LTD CV from Blues Brothers 2000, and the Bugbear/Finland flags on the quarter panel....Oh, and "Automobile" on the quarter panel as well, written in the same font as "Oldsmobile" on the 80's Delta 88's.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]