Because video games are fun.
By madness
There are many gamers out there and here at this community there are a lot of Driver "driving gamers" so I thought it would be a great idea to include all the games in this first post.

But I don't know all the driving games out their so I'm going to need all of your help to list all the driving games you know about.

So here I'll start off with some of the games I know, I'll also edit this post when I see that you've posted some of the games that feature driving in your post. Also note that you should include how much driving in an average percentage rate.

[hr]

Game:Driver
Driving Content: 100%
Basically the entire game involves driving, however there are a few FMV's to sit back relax and watch and there is also a Film Director mode which isn't driving however all of this is basically focused on the driving.
Features:
The original Driver features many great features including the Film Director which allows to set up cameras to create your own mini movie car chase. A undercover mode where you can follow missions to complete the game and to unlock two new cities. The game also comes with 4 cities for you to explore being Miami, San Fransisco, Los Angulas and New York.
Price: AU$9.99, yes you can still purchase this product in some stores and if you see it around you should see it at this low price.
Driving Score: 9/10
A very good driving game with lots of realistic driving, the cars even have cruise control.
Physics Score: 7.5/10
The physics in the game are pretty awsome for it's age however the game can't be placed with newer games physics systems, however i'd say it had the best physics system for it's age.
Stunt Score: 4/10
You can't really perform any stunts, you can only drive no more than 1 meter above the ground after doing a small jump however by glitch you can do some pretty awsome jumps.

[hr]

contributed by Alberto
Game:Midtown Madness
Driving Content: The whole game involves driving.
Features:Midtown Madness has 4 different mods, you can choose among checkpoint race, blitz race, circuit race and cruise mode if you want to explore the map or just having fun messing around. Chicago is the only city and it's very detailed. 10 cars are available, you can also choose to drive a bus and a truck. A very enjoyable game.
Driving Score: 6.5/10
Driving is enjoyable, even if as driving game is not realistic at all.
Physics Score: 5/10
Physic is not realistic, it's such a "mess around" game, just a few details are realistic but nothing more.
Stunt Score: 6.5/10

[hr]

more coming soon...
Last edited by madness on Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Sedans
U can buy that here used for $11.00 on ebay, thats how i got my lost copy
By madness
yeh, I think someone stole your lost copy and sold it on ebay to someone for $11 being you :P.

The wording just makes it sound like that.
Anyways I plan to add, Driver 2, Driver 3, Driver: Parallel Lines, Driver: 76, Stuntman, Stuntman: Ignition, All NFS Games, All GTA Games, All true crime games, crashday, Enter the Matrix which included driving and way more...
By Sedans
coolio lol
By Sedans
zoton2 wrote:Is Burnout (all of them) classified as driving games?
yea
By madness
on top of the list I just mentioned I'll add all these driving games and series, and of course series of games which have some sort of Driving Content in them.

-Test Driver
-Burnout
-Grand Trismo
-Mafia
-The Getaway
-Midtown Madness
-TrackMania

and of course there is alot more however I can't seem to think of them at the moment.
By Miller
Thanks for beginning this thread, Boss. You guys are getting me into driving games for the PC.

Dig this time saver (sorry if everyone else already knows all about it, but just in case it's new to anyone else besides me). It lets you search for games by category, as well as chronologically, so you don't have to look though fifty million game titles, trying to find what you're looking for.

3D Gamers Keyword Search

I should like to suggest that if anyone knows of other such search tools, that they post the URLs in this thread.
By madness
There is a feature on GameSpot which enables you to search by Category.

Anyways, the purpose for this thread is for all of us to group together and tell everyone what we think of other games other than the games in the DRIVER series.

So I'll be asking everyone who owns a driving game or a game that features driving what they think about it and put it under with the rating and information you think for the following categories:

Features:
Physics Score: 7.5/10
Stunt Score: 4/10

and any other categories if you can think of any :P
By Miller
madness wrote:...Anyways, the purpose for this thread is for all of us to group together and tell everyone what we think of other games other than the games in the DRIVER series.
Oh, sorry.
By madness
No need to be sorry.
I also forgot to mention this thread as many other purposes, also for everyone to know the game is out there and the website you gave us helps us archive that.
By Alberto
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
My honest opinion:

Driving Content:
Features:
Physics Score: 8/10
Stunt Score: 5.5/10 (jumps are not that bad, i love driving on 2 wheels)

Game:Midtown Madness
Driving Content: The whole game involves driving.
Features:Midtown Madness has 4 different mods, you can choose among checkpoint race, blitz race, circuit race and cruise mode if you want to explore the map or just having fun messing around. Chicago is the only city and it's very detailed. 10 cars are available, you can also choose to drive a bus and a truck. A very enjoyable game.
Driving Score: 6.5/10
Driving is enjoyable, even if as driving game is not realistic at all.
Physic is not realistic, it's such a "mess around" game, just a few details are realistic but nothing more.
Stunt Score: 6.5/10

Game:Mafia
Driving Content: 70% (if i understood what that means :oops:)
The character can drive every car available in the map, but it can also get out and walk around the map. A lot of missions are set on driving a car.
Features:Set in first half of 20th century, there's a big region, a big island and 2 coastsides, countryside is available too. There is a huge car database and each car is available (some exception for bonus cars), cars are very detailed and physic is very good. One of the best ever games.
Driving Score: 8.5/10
Driving is very realistic, and also enjoyable, even if they are not as fast as they look, but the game is set in easrly 20th century, which add a point to the physic.
Physics Score: 8.5/10
A very realistic game, one of the best ever, cars' damages are not really realistic, but the game as whole is very realistic.
Stunt Score: 3.5/10
There's no stunt in the game, only fast cars can try some good jumps, but nothing else.

Game:GTA San Andreas
Driving Content: 45%
Features:
Driving Score: 7.5/10
Physics Score: 4/10
Stunt Score: 10/10

Game:Test Drive 5
Features:
Driving Score: 6/10
Physics Score: 4/10
Stunt Score: 5/10

to be continued
By Moonchild
I guess I can add a few...

Game: Mercenaries
Driving Content: 50%
The character has access to all cars on the map and can walk freely around the map, it's pretty much GTA meets Freedom Fighters.
Features: The game takes place in modern day North Korea and focuses on the political/military conficts between the Allies, Russian Mafia, China, South Korea, and North Korean forces. There are 2 "islands' that offer a fairly good size of exploration. The game is single player only with no online support.
Driving Score : 5/10
Similar to GTA, the driving is responsive but not a whole lot of fun, though tanks and helicopters are easy to use.
The cars don't handle realistic, but everything else does. Giant buildings being demolished, car explosions etc... are all handled very well.
Stunt Score: 6/10
Jumping is good but the only real stunt that you can pull is well blowing up buildings. Very few to no jumps for vehicles.
Overall: 8.5/10
A solid sandbox game with a refreshing story(no more gangs!) with nice effects and plenty of sidequests/objects to find.
By Moonchild
Game: Twisted Metal Black
Your always in a car for the entire game.
Features: A car combat game with a different and unique story containing multiple cutscenes for each of the 15 available characters, along with 9 playable levels/stages. Multiplayer and Online are supported.
Driving Score: 6/10
Not very realistic and takes some getting used to but in the end, it's fun
Physics Score: 7/10
Destructible and to a small degree interactive environments. Car damage is pretty good.
Stunt Score: 3/10
Very few jumps and overall thrills, the only real goal is destroy all the other cars on the map.
Overall: 8/10
It's a car combat game, you either love it or hate it. Hopefully a new sequel will be developed for the PS3.
By Moonchild
Game: Enthusia Professional Racing - PS2
The whole game is driving.
Features: Enthusia is a simulation racing game that features 200+ cars and 50+ tracks, though almost all of the tracks are fantasy courses. The game has a Enthusia Life mode(career mode) which focuses on you going from Amateur to Professional(and unlocking cars/courses) by climbing the ranks with Enthu points. Arcade modes and multiplayer options are available, although, no online.
Driving Score: 7/10
Driving is in the vein of Gran Turismo but the controls, especially braking sometimes are just not as responsive. Another problem revolves around the Enthu points, every mistake you make-hitting a wall/CPU car or going off tracks results in a loss of points, this seems like a good idea but it isn't. Example, A CPU car rams you from behind, you lose points not the computer.
Physics Score: 6/10
Cars have a good weight to them and handling is acceptable though there is a slight problem with understeer. The major dissapointing factor...no car damage.
Stunt Score: 1/10
This is a sim racer, there are no stunts to pull.
Overall: 7/10
A fairly good if punishing game with lots of races to complete and some good graphics.
Bottom line though: If you like this style of game(like me) go play Gran Turismo 4 or Forza Motorsport.
By Coyote
Game:Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition - Remix
Features: 4 Big cities (San Diego, Detroit, Atlanta and Tokyo), about 150 full customizable (back lights, exhaust color, your car number (and you can also chose the state (only US)), decals,… everything) cars (licenced) + very dynamic career mode with cutscenes,… etc
Driving Score: 6,5/10
The Driving is not very realistic (typical Rockstar) the CPU is okay and good programmed…
Physics Score: 3/10
if you wuld drive 100 cars of the game with closed eyes you wouldn't think these were 100 cars but only one cause much of them have the same handling, same top speed, same weight, same acceleration…
Stunt Score: 6/10
you can make good stunts and the best is that the cars are destructible !!! and the coolest is to see a stunt in slow motion !
good and powerfull game for people who like games like NFS… but NFS is much better
By Moonchild
Game:True Crime: Streets of LA
Driving Content: 40%
Features: The game features an extensive 240-square mile recreation of Los Angeles and several of it's landmarks. The story is in the tradition of 80's cop movies and their are around 100 missions with three different endings.
Driving Score: 5.5/10
Driving is the games weakpoint. It's adequate but it's not very fun. Controls are very loose and arcadey and some of the faster cars in the game are a little hard to control. Prolonged play solves this issue and I find that the driving feels better when played in the first-person point of view...Also, this was one of the first game to integrate a full sized city, which was loaded from disc during gameplay, so no menu screens when driving from one end to the other.
Some of the car damage effects look good but you really have to crash a lot of times to see anything. Some of the environment iare destructible but the debris dissapear soon afterwards. Cars don't react at all reastically when a crash occurs, instead of stopping, they just keep going as if nothing happened.
There are no stunts realy, justa few small jumps and the only way that you can get some real air is through a glitch, so that doesn't count.
Even though the scores that are given are low, the game is actually kinda fun. The fighting engine is solid and many combos are available, the shooting mechanics work well too. There are several upgrades for cars, guns, and fighting techniques as you progress through the game and you get to bust criminals whenever you want. The story is standard cliche but the various references to movies make it fun. It was definentely worth the $9.99 that I spent on it.
By Moonchild
Game: True Crime: New York City

Driving Content: 40%

Features: The game features a fairly accurate and sizeable New York. The story focuses on Marcus Reed, a gangster turned cop who after witnessing the death of his friend, is sent on a mission to find the mole in the force. There are multiple cases each with 10 or so missions and this time there are only 2 different endings.

Driving Score: 2/10
Driving in True Crime New York City flat out sucks. Handling is terrible and it almost feels like your driving on ice. Most of the cars on the street are the same and crashes are pathetic. Every time you hit a car it just bounces off and almost slides several feet to the side. All the cars almost feel the same apart from the faster ones. Speaking of speed, hand braking in this game is also terrible. Add in framerate issues when driving, and an annoying camera system and you’ve got an all around crappy in car experience. In all honesty, if your trying to get to a mission point or a side quest, your better off using the subway or a taxi.

On- Foot score: 8/10
Definitely the positive side of the game but in some cases it’s a step down from the first game. Let’s start with the gun controls, their great. There are a wide range of weapons to choose from and manual aiming is fantastic, specifically precision aiming. With a quick press of the R3 button you get a nice slow-mo view that makes shooting fun. Because of this, pulling off neutralizing shots is both more fun and more rewarding than the average kill. The downside though is the fighting engine. You have all these new and different styles that should present a different gamepaly mechanic but instead you find out that’s it’s all useless. Why you ask, because a simple roundhouse kick always knocks down the enemy and then all you have to do is kick them to death. The arresting people feature is back but if you stand to close to the body the game won’t recognize the command.

Physics Score: 3/10
Car damage is pretty good but strange things happen. For example, you crash into a car and a hole will appear in the windshield, what the hell? Jumps are non-existent and if you go into a park and try to hit a curb or small rock you risk the chance of the game freezing. Bodies disappear and collision detection is average. A very annoying gameplay element are the pedestrians, they purposely dive in front of your car thereby committing suicide. It is both stupid and annoying. There are clipping issues all through the game and cars react strangely when a crash occurs; really, the physics like the first game are just not very good.

Same as the first game: There are no stunts really, just a few small jumps and the only way that you can get some real air is through a glitch, so that doesn't count.

Overall: 5/10
This game was such a disappointment. The city feels so alive and some of the graphical effects are awesome. The on-foot gameplay works well and the story and voice acting are good but the wide variety of bugs and glitches bring this train wreck of a game to a quick stop. Hopefully, True Crime 3 will be all that it’s supposed to be.
By Sedans
If you ask me i enjoy rerading Moonchilds reviews, they are thourogh and intresting and they appear honest, Good job man.
By Moonchild
Thanks for the compliments Sedans, I try my best to make them through and interesting and sometimes it works but sometimes it doesn't.

I remember reading your Saints Row review and I though it was pretty good. You should write some more if you have the time. As for me, Scarface The World Is Yours is next.
By Sedans
No problem.

I'm usually busy, and i dont really play very different video games, but i guess if i stumble across something cool I can write one; I type fast, but I make alot of errors and i hate correcting them but i have to do so, at least enough so that its legible. But yeah i guess sometime soon i'll try and find a cool game and write another review.

PS: glad you like my Saints Row review, unfortunatley when i was wirting i left out a huge Key Element and that is the ragdoll effects, which were outstadingly cool and realistic.
By Coyote
Yeh I agree with Sedans, the review are really good and you should read them before buying any game.
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Game:
Gran Turismo 4

Driving content:
100% unless you count buying cars then about 95%

Features:
About 700 Vehicles around 50 existing tracks from around the world as well as a dozen created especially for the series. Up to 6 people in multiplayer mode. Amazingly detailed cars and environment. Upgradable cars from new suspension, turbos, brakes and nitros. Ultra realistic physics. Traction control options. And a photo mode where you can take pictures of cars during a race and print them.

Driving Score:
9.9/10
The only reason that i would mark this down in even the slightest is because the driving physics are mildly inconsistent. In Career mode the cars handle differently to arcade mode. While neither is terrible it is a small inconsistency that it has to be marked down for.

Physics Score:
8/10
Like mentioned before the same car will handle differently between career and arcade modes. also when you hit a wall or another car, you stop dead, this wouldn't happen, you should crumple in a huge heap and fly backwards at the same time.

Stunt Score:
Sorry but... 0/10
You can't do stunts in this game but really why do you need to.

Overall Score:
9.5/10
It really is the best driving simulator as the GT moto goes, but the little problems like inconsistncies and the previously unmentioned bad renderings of tracks in multiplayer mode see this game fall short of a perfect score.

Look forward to Gran Turismo 5!
By Coyote
Two very short reviews:

Game: Stuntman - From the makers of the Blockbuster serie 'Driver'
Features: About 60 destructible cars, ramps, special objects, movie trailers, driving games,…
Driving Score: 9,5/10
Physics Score: 9,5/10
Stunt Score: 9,5/10
Overall: 10/10

Game: Stuntman Ignition
Features: About 25 destructible cars, ramps, special objects, movie trailers, driving games,…
Driving Score: 7,5/10
Stunt Score: 8/10
Overall: 8/10
By Lost Account #3425
Well, Very good list, But, Here are my favorites driving games list,
Grand Theft Auto III,
Sega Rally Championship,
Driver,
F1 Challenge,
GTR,
Virtual RC Racing and