Moderator: cleone

Which mode are you going to be using?

Classic Driver Style
No votes
0%
Hollywood Style
100%
By cleone
Over the weekend, I decided to play some Driver 1 to get some research and some ideas for the gameplay of D4. Its been a long time since I played it, and I wanted to see what they were trying to do to make the game similar to their favorite chase films. I saw The Driver (1978 movie) on YouTube a few weeks back and I decided I wanted to make the game similar to chases in there. I'm going to try to merge Hollywood style chases with Driver style chases with the game.

Based off my research here's the D1 rules: 4 cops max, any cops hit in a roadblock starts chasing (how retarded is that), cops have ridiculous ramming power in final mission (lame), AWFUL spawning system (countless times I nearly reached my location and a cop spawned and I had to lose the tail all over again), cops had a decent amount of health.

Here's what I'm gonna do. I'm going to have two choices for pursuit types. Classic Driver Style or Hollywood Style, each having their own hardcore difficulty option. With hardcore mode, the player car will be weaker and cops will be a little bit faster (but not like, survival fast). Classic Driver style will have the original rules, minus the roadblock chasing and an improved spawning system. Hollywood style will be interesting. Cops can be tricked and scared into crashing into traffic and walls, they will wrecked upon a nasty crash. In each pursuit system, Felony level will determine if backup spawns, how much backup spawns, and if roadblocks spawn across the city.

What's your input? Anything else I should do with the pursuit system? What's your opinions on the pursuit system I'm gonna put together?
By Olanov
I'd go with the Hollywood style, personally. Gives us more freedom to do what we want to do and how we want to do it.
By cleone
Olanov wrote:I'd go with the Hollywood style, personally. Gives us more freedom to do what we want to do and how we want to do it.
What do you mean by this?
By cleone
Olanov wrote:Means we aren't restricted to Driver 1 standards.
Yeah, if anyone has any other ideas for pursuit styles I may add them as well. But I'm giving them the option because I know theres some hardcore D1 fans that may want to use what they are used to.
By Olanov
RacingFreak wrote:4 cops max isn't exactly true, I remember getting well over 10 (Y)
You get 4 by default, you can mod it up higher or hit a roadblock to get the pathethic cop cars which break down in 10 seconds to "chase" you.
By VAIMAHDO
RacingFreak wrote:4 cops max isn't exactly true, I remember getting well over 10 (Y)
Woh, I didn't know you were still here! ^ Anyway, I have been wanting to try this game, but haven't due to all my computers having mechanical issues. I will try soon here though. :D
By cleone
Olanov wrote:
You get 4 by default, you can mod it up higher or hit a roadblock to get the pathethic cop cars which break down in 10 seconds to "chase" you.
Exactly what Olanov said, you only get more than 4 cops when the retarded roadblock cops somehow live getting plowed into and chase you.
By Olanov
Except we're talking about the default game. Not using anything out of the ordinary, in which case you don't see that many.
By cleone
I'm so damn confused. What are we talking about? lmao
By VAIMAHDO
cleone wrote:I'm so damn confused. What are we talking about? lmao
I was talking about wanting to play your game, but cannot due to all my computers having mechanical issues.
By cleone
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:
cleone wrote:I'm so damn confused. What are we talking about? lmao
I was talking about wanting to play your game, but cannot due to all my computers having mechanical issues.
If all your computers are fucked then how are you posting? By the way, the game can run good on any machine with at least XP on it.
By VAIMAHDO
I know this. And even if their messed up they can still do SOME tasks. Gaming they struggle with it due to mechanical issues, so I haven't played on my computers in a while. All I can do as of now is 3D animating (strange) and go on the internet.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]