Discussion for the fan-made game DrIVer: Russia (TBA)

Moderator: cleone

By cleone
Well, we have a team of 3 now. I am covering the main development, Wheelman75 will be working on the city, and Olanov will be handling the sound design and film making (trailers and such). I still need someone who is really good at drawing, computer art, or Photoshop to help with the cutscenes. If anyone is interested and has the skills necessary please let me know, I really need someone to handle this because it will be too time consuming to do myself considering I have to finish all the programming.
By helkensinken
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Friends Avatar
look I can help in converting them sprites of gta 1(peds,cars). and create new sprites of cars
By Fireboyd78
driverever110 wrote:look I can help in converting them sprites of gta 1(peds,cars). and create new sprites of cars
I don't think Chris wants to convert sprites from other games. Have you done any sprite work before?
By Badnick24
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I'm a really good drawer and I'd love to help. But I don't know if I can! I've never had to draw hundreds of pictures.

Perhaps maybe I could do a bit of concept art? :D
By cleone
CarLuver69 wrote:
driverever110 wrote:look I can help in converting them sprites of gta 1(peds,cars). and create new sprites of cars
I don't think Chris wants to convert sprites from other games. Have you done any sprite work before?
This exactly. I want to use fresh content, nothing copyrighted or recycled.

Badnick, we don't need concept art we just need someone to draw up the cut scenes. You would have a few months to be able to do it. Maybe you could do one scene and see how it goes?
By Badnick24
cleone wrote:
CarLuver69 wrote:

Badnick, we don't need concept art we just need someone to draw up the cut scenes. You would have a few months to be able to do it. Maybe you could do one scene and see how it goes?
I'll see about it. Honestly, I really would love to. There's just so much going on right now.

Maybe I can draw up cutscene 1 in a Driver Renegade style cutscene? (Comic like, moving 2d images) :D
By cleone
Badnick24 wrote:
cleone wrote:
CarLuver69 wrote:

I'll see about it. Honestly, I really would love to. There's just so much going on right now.

Maybe I can draw up cutscene 1 in a Driver Renegade style cutscene? (Comic like, moving 2d images) :D
Ok give it a shot. If you have the time to do the cut scenes for us that would be awesome. just do scene 1 and see how long it takes
By Badnick24
I probably should have mentioned this before hand. But when I said I could maybe draw the cutscenes, I meant I could pencil draw them. I don't know how to use adobe flash or anything like that :( If you still want me to do it, let me know.

Also (if you want me to continue), do you have a Steam account? It'd be easier for me to contact you about the game :)

If you don't want me to draw them, maybe I could soup up the cutscenes in after effects?

EDIT: Just in case you want me to, I did a rough animatic style sketch of the first cutscene. In pencil.
By cleone
Badnick24 wrote:I probably should have mentioned this before hand. But when I said I could maybe draw the cutscenes, I meant I could pencil draw them. I don't know how to use adobe flash or anything like that :( If you still want me to do it, let me know.

Also (if you want me to continue), do you have a Steam account? It'd be easier for me to contact you about the game :)

If you don't want me to draw them, maybe I could soup up the cutscenes in after effects?

EDIT: Just in case you want me to, I did a rough animatic style sketch of the first cutscene. In pencil.
Yeah add me on Steam. My steam name at the moment is {ST}Broski
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]