Having an issue with the game you can't seem to figure out? Request assistance here!
By pierini1
Registration Days Posts
Hello,
i have pc game GT INTERACTIVE DRIVER, an old game made in 1999.
Anyway, when i run it by clicking on GAME.EXE an error occurred and it is this kind of error shown here:
An error occurred with the application exe and needs to close
I think it is explorer.exe crash error.
Anyway i cannot run my game.
I already updated my video card drivers and also directX but still not working because of that error.
I also remove Service Pack 3 so i don't know where is the problem.
Can anyone help me ?
See you bye.
By Submaniac
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Hey pierini1, don't listen to T.K. -_- he's being retarded. I personally don't know what causes your problem sorry. But Dr.Doom or an other member that has knowledge on that topic should be able to help. and i dont think you're in the wrong place to post your problem. Just wait for an answer.

Hope you get your answer, Sub.
@T.K. : quit spamming or i'll report your messages.
By T.K.
Yes, Windows XP does seem to pose problems with the game, for some reason. There's a fixed version on The Pirate Bay, although there's no music. Vista and 7 apparently have no problem with the game.
By Sedans
I keep purple stuff all im ma cuuup

Eightie fo's when Im rollin up
By Fireboyd78
Did you run the configuration? If not, make sure you have these settings:

3D Device: Software <-- NEVER use the name of your video card, it will cause a LOT of problems for you.
Resolution: Whichever one you want <-- I use 1024 X 768
Use 8bit texture support: [X] <-- If this one is grayed out but checked, that's good.
Use Triple Buffering: [X]
Depth: 32bpp

That should be it...
By pierini1
Registration Days Posts
hi, i run game.exe under WINDOWS 95 or 98 or 2000 compatible mode but still get error.
I also run config.exe like DR.DOOM said but i still get that error.
Here u can see error:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6311/errortm.jpg

How do i solve it ?

Anyway, i explain u my work: i downloaded GT INTERACTIVE DRIVER from megaupload and it was in BIN.CUE/format so then i used DAEMON TOOLS LITE to mount its image, after that i installed it.
Then (AND I THINK HERE COMES THE PAIN) i copied DRIVER crack "game.exe" and i replaced it to game.exe original file.
But now when i click on game.exe i always get that windows crash error shown here:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6311/errortm.jpg
Have u understood anythong more now to solve that error ?

And i have already updated my videocard drivers, my directX. My os is Windows xp professional version 2002 with Service pack 2.
By someone972
Which version of driver are you running? I had the older versions of some of the non-US language executables crash on me, so it may be a problem with XP.
By Fireboyd78
You downloaded a crack, which ruined it. None of the cracks/patches work. And besides that, you don't even need a disc to run Driver...I never need the disc!
By Submaniac
Here's hw i run my Driver: i mount the image with Daemon tools then i start the game! :) simple. And i didnt use a crack. Btw mine doesn't run without the CD Dr.Doom i wonder why...
By pierini1
Registration Days Posts
so guys, can you tell me where i can download full version of GT INTERACTIVE DRIVER ?
I downloaded all driver versions that are in the net and all are the same, I mean after u download it 2 files appear, one is a BIN file and the another one is a CUE file but in EVERY version there is always the crack game.exe.
So where can I downloaded full version without crack and without CD ?
In this version u have, is there also New York and Los Angeles missions ? (I have an other driver version that works but has got Los Angeles and New York not available....)
See u, bye.
By pierini1
Registration Days Posts
in no game section of my Driver pc game there is Los Angeles and NEw York available; how come ?
I played TAKE A RIDE and DRIVING GAMES and there are only Miami and San Francisco missions while Los Angeles and New York are not available.
How come they are not available ?
How do i beat the game ?
And also how do I modify the dms to make it think I beat it ?
By someone972
You beat the game by finishing the undercover mode. To modify the dml file:
1. Go to Driver->data
2. Copy it so you can restore it later
3. Open the original in notepad, then paste this in:
Code: Select all
#If Ali Story completed
IF 0
#If Mission 43 also completed
 IF 1
#Ali B
  RENDER 66
 ELSE
#Ali C
  RENDER 67
 ENDIF
 #Hills
 RENDER 69
ELSE
#Freeway
 RENDER 68
ENDIF

END
4. Run undercover mode (it should go strait to credits)
5. Go to cheats and use 'unlock all cities' (you only have to do this once)
6. Restore the old dml file.
By pierini1
Registration Days Posts
thankyou someone972, now i am able to drive in Los Angeles and New York and also in the night (before your cheat i was only able to drive on day).

I would have an other question, this time about graphic. When i choose DRIVING GAMES and then GETAWAY, police car graphic appears and disappear and also when my car jumps its graphic appears and disappears.
Also when i load Driver at start up i can see a window toolbar that then disappears continuing with Driver presentation.
So i need to improve better graphic; how do i improve that ?
Maybe in the config.exe file ?:Image
By pierini1
Registration Days Posts
ok, thank you for your settings advice mr doom.

But now i want to change Driver language from english to italian. How can i change that ?

Also i applied a Driver cheat, exactly "Choose your car (hack)" cheat. Here you can see this cheat:
First, go into Windows Explorer. Go to the file where "Driver" is located (usually "GT Interactive") Press the plus sign on "GT Interactive" Then press the plus sign on "Driver" Then press the plus sign on "Scripts" and then click on Missions. You will then see all of your missions listed. The easiest one to modify is "mission1dms." which is at the upper left-hand corner. Click it. You then will see a box with different icons and words in it. Scroll down to "notepad". Click that and press ok. This file displays everything for "mission1" or the bank job. Note: Always make a backup of this file before any changes are made. Scroll down to "PlayerCarType 0" Change the "0" (zero) to any of the following. (The codes will only work for the mission you are modifing).
0-Orignam Car
1-Crew Cab Pickup
2-"Luxury" /Pimp Coupe
3-Sports Coupe
4-Camaro? (Fast)
5-Toranodo
6-Nova?
7-Cadillac Sedan
8-Bonneville?
9-Chevelle?
10-L.A.P.D. Caprice Cruiser (Horn activites light and sirens)
11-Cadillac? Coupe
12-Firebird/CamaroZ28
13-Taxi
14-Cadillac Sedan
15-Error - DO NOT USE
16-Jaguar (CrazyFast: 170+)
17-'55 Thunderbird (CrazyFast)

and i choose JAGUAR car [(16-Jaguar (CrazyFast: 170+)] for mission1. Then i went to play Driver and i chose DRIVING GAMES - GETAWAY - MIAMI (is Miami mission1 ?) but i didn't see any JAGUAR car.
How come ? Where is my mistake ?
I want to see JAGUAR car on mission1 but i don't know why JAGUAR car didn't appear and also i don't know what is "mission1". Is it Miami ? If it is Miami i already chose it and i saw no JAGUAR.
Can you help me again ?
By Fireboyd78
Just because you changed Mission1 doesn't mean that Driving Games --> Miami 1 is Mission1.dms - Mission 1 is "THE BANK JOB"

Mission46 - Take a Ride - Miami
Mission146 - Take a Ride - Miami (Night)
Mission47 - Take a Ride - San Francisco
Mission147 - Take a Ride - San Francisco (Night)
Mission48 - Take a Ride - Los Angeles
Mission49 - Take a Ride - New York
Mission149 - Take a Ride - New York (Night)
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]