Having any problems running the game on any platforms or anything abnormal as happened in your game and you can fix it, come in here for assistance.
By cleone
I had received a used version of Driv3r for Christmas. The previous owner left huge gauges and scratches in the disc including on the top. Do you know anywhere I can get it fixed up?
By Nikusakken
I've heard about an object called Disk Doctor that removes scratchings in the disc. However, I don't know if it works.
By cleone
I did hear that GameCrazy fixes games. Is that true? I have never gone to GameCrazy.
By madness
You can purchase your own CD cleaners.
They range anywhere between $8 to $2000.
I got myself a non-automatic CD buffer for $12.
The more expensive ones are automatic and usually do a much better job.

But I'd suggest going to a store where you can rent games/movies or a place where they accept pre-owned games they are likely to have a buffer in their store and they might buffer your disk for free. Otherwise offer them a couple of dollars I'm sure they'll do it.
By cleone
madness wrote:You can purchase your own CD cleaners.
They range anywhere between $8 to $2000.
I got myself a non-automatic CD buffer for $12.
The more expensive ones are automatic and usually do a much better job.

But I'd suggest going to a store where you can rent games/movies or a place where they accept pre-owned games they are likely to have a buffer in their store and they might buffer your disk for free. Otherwise offer them a couple of dollars I'm sure they'll do it.
I had gotten one of them a few months ago. It came with a liquid that you need to spread on top of the CD/DVD with a cloth. It did not work. In fact, it just scratched the disc even more. I followed the instructions too. :cry:
By SnaffleJBean
Registration Days Posts
chrisl121212 wrote:I did hear that GameCrazy fixes games. Is that true? I have never gone to GameCrazy.
They fix discs up pretty good. However, I don't think it can fix huge gashes.
By madness
chrisl121212 wrote:I had gotten one of them a few months ago. It came with a liquid that you need to spread on top of the CD/DVD with a cloth. It did not work. In fact, it just scratched the disc even more. I followed the instructions too. :cry:
Yeah; I got a liquid, a manual buffer machine and a cloth.
I tried it on a couple of disks and tested them and it didn't do much. But I found some unusable disks and tried them and it improved their performance.

One of most scratched disks is NFS: SE, which I've had for over 15 years (approx). It's the most scratched disk of them all!
By Fireboyd78
hey madness, i too own a copy of NFS: SE aka Road & Track: THE NEED FOR SPEED SE

By Nikusakken
I have NFS SE for PC as well. And the PS1 normal version. My game with most scratches is Dino Crisis for PS1. Heck, it has a lot of scratches, and it works like it had no problem.

Here's a pic to show how destroyed the Dino Crisis cd is...

By cleone
Is there anywhere I can get it fixed?
By cleone
Nick Brasil wrote:I have NFS SE for PC as well. And the PS1 normal version. My game with most scratches is Dino Crisis for PS1. Heck, it has a lot of scratches, and it works like it had no problem.

Here's a pic to show how destroyed the Dino Crisis cd is...

Damn! What happened to it? Mine is not THAT bad. Mine is still playable but it crashes often.

My older brother has a friend that might still work at GameCrazy and I might be able to get it repaired for free...
By Nikusakken
chrisl121212 wrote:Damn! What happened to it? Mine is not THAT bad. Mine is still playable but it crashes often.

My older brother has a friend that might still work at GameCrazy and I might be able to get it repaired for free...
I can still playing it. The only problem is that sometimes the videos lag a bit, but it plays without any problem. Well I don't know if it still working as I don't play this game in ages.
By cleone
Nick Brasil wrote:
chrisl121212 wrote:Damn! What happened to it? Mine is not THAT bad. Mine is still playable but it crashes often.

I can still playing it. The only problem is that sometimes the videos lag a bit, but it plays without any problem. Well I don't know if it still working as I don't play this game in ages.
It might work because data on discs are always saved from the center out. There might be little data since it is old and because of that all the data is at the center of the disc. Your disc looks damaged on the outside only.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]