Having any problems running the game on any platforms or anything abnormal as happened in your game and you can fix it, come in here for assistance.
By cleone
Hey guys I'm having a bit of a problem. I'm trying to get this to run on my Windows 7 64bit partition and I'm running into trouble. I can play for a little while, but if I try to exit back to the menu, change eras (including crashing during the transition cutscene from 78 to 06), or restart missions crash the game. I tried looking it up on Google, but there is no good answers to it. A lot of people on the Steam forums are saying it runs perfectly fine on Windows 7, and yet it keeps f***ing crashing for me (even way back when on my Windows 7 32bit install a few years ago i had the same issue). I've tried compatibility mode, I've tried the no-cd crack, I've tried running as administrator, and every time it crashes. Anyone know of how I can get this working properly? Any help would be appreciated.

Also, heres the event log for the most recent crash:
Code: Select all
Faulting application name: DriverParallelLines.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x46137bcd
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16559, time stamp: 0x4ba9b29c
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002de24
Faulting process id: 0x4f0
Faulting application start time: 0x01cecd116dbcbf7b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Driver Parallel Lines\DriverParallelLines.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: affc488b-3914-11e3-b2ad-00270e031a87
Code: Select all
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: APPCRASH
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0
Problem signature:
P1: DriverParallelLines.exe
P2: 0.0.0.0
P3: 46137bcd
P4: ntdll.dll
P5: 6.1.7600.16559
P6: 4ba9b29c
P7: c0000005
P8: 0002de24
P9: 
P10: 

Attached files:

These files may be available here:
C:\Users\Chris\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_DriverParallelLi_2ffe769d5fa388a13815a75e9dbae9ac1f474d55_0c2e65e5

Analysis symbol: 
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: affc488b-3914-11e3-b2ad-00270e031a87
Report Status: 0
By Olanov
I have the exact same issue, and so does my friend who I know in real life. I'm fairly certain that's just a backwards compatibility issue with Windows Vista and 7.
By cleone
Olanov wrote:I have the exact same issue, and so does my friend who I know in real life. I'm fairly certain that's just a backwards compatibility issue with Windows Vista and 7.
f**k. So I'm assuming there's no way around it?
By helkensinken
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Friends Avatar
cleone wrote:
Olanov wrote:I have the exact same issue, and so does my friend who I know in real life. I'm fairly certain that's just a backwards compatibility issue with Windows Vista and 7.
no but the dpl works with crack(not download sh***ty ripped (rip).) in windows 7 :)
By bb_42001
I have never had this issue before, but differently, i dont have the game installed, i just have all the files on my HDD and run the exe when i want to play it, no issues :p

bb42001

Noodles

By cleone
driverever110 wrote:
cleone wrote:
no but the dpl works with crack(not download sh***ty ripped (rip).) in windows 7 :)
Are you sure? I tried a crack and it had the same exact issues. Is there more than one?
bb_42001 wrote:I have never had this issue before, but differently, i dont have the game installed, i just have all the files on my HDD and run the exe when i want to play it, no issues :p
Do you have a crack installed or is it just the original files? If its the original files and you say its working fine not installed, I'm assuming maybe its some kind of registry error when it gets installed?
By max.thunder
For me it crashes only after exiting the game. I've put a crack because i'm lazy to put the original disk.
By cleone
max.thunder wrote:For me it crashes only after exiting the game. I've put a crack because i'm lazy to put the original disk.
It does that to me too without the crack. But like I said, it does it whenever I change eras or restart too so it gets really excessive and annoying.
By max.thunder
Restart, replay mission and change era work fine for me.
By cleone
bb_42001 wrote:It has a no CD crack on it, and there are no registry entries for the game on my pc
Which crack are you using? Can you PM it to me so I can try it?
By pete
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Maybe you have activated graphical settings that for some reason don't work on your computer. Try turning some shader or anti-aliasing options down for example.
By cleone
max.thunder wrote:Sent
Holy sh*t I think its working! Give me a few hours to mess with it and see if anything comes up. If this works I will be f***ing stoked.
By cleone
I jinxed it. It crashed after I went to quit back to the menu after 2 hours...

EDIT: The patch is pretty good though. It fixed the Steam Big Picture bug and it is definitely crashing a lot less.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]