Old news can be found here.
By madness
NOTE: The chat has finished and was a success. No need to read any of this topic if you missed it earlier... I'll be posting more information about the success of the chat soon :D

[hr]

Here at Driver Madness where almost turning 1 year old. Over the past year I've worked hard bring you all this site, and in the upcoming years I'll be releasing many more sites related to the DRIVER series in many ways. I'm always am looking for ways to make the community more happy, and I've been working very hard to do this, however it takes lots of time.

Now on our Portal Page you may have noticed a countdown timer counting down to when this website started up, when it was born as a wonderful little baby which has grown and grown and one day this little baby will be able to drive :specialdriver: so help this community grow and let this little baby drive :specialdriver: just like TANNER :)

So currently I'm planning a small Chat, now It would be nice if you arive about an hour earlier for the final countdown. However you can arrive as early as you like and stay as long as you like, as long as you don't get board, however I suggest you minimise the window or go to another tab and browse a few other site until you here a noise notifying you someone (else) has arrived.

So I beleave this year the CHAT won't be as large since we don't have as many active users, however we are trying to get as many people to join us as we can.

During the chat were going to have to register for a seperate account, however next year or next time I will have a better chat room where you'd just use your same login details as on the forums since it's connected to this websites database.

So what can you do to help us celebrate:
-Show Up in the chat, as early as possible but not to early. (Just about 3 hours before the chat) - {NOTE: I'll be there about 6hours before the chat just making sure everything runs smoothly}
-If you can't use the chat room for some reason I will also have a thread going on, on the forums were we can party. And you may also use this as and alternative to the chat however we strongly reccommend the chat, as where trying to make this chatroom as active as possible at that particular time.

So everything else you need to know can be found below:

Ok, currently the time you have to be there is a slight issue. We are trying to get the exzact time at which the board was started, however we beleave the server time is slight out by an hour or two and we are currently are contacting our host to see if they can look into this issue. However if you come a couple of hours earlier than the time given then you can be sure to be there in time, as I know the official times, however if the server time is wrong It might take a while to fix the countdown clock however the countdown clock isn't any more than 2 hours out. If you want the exzact time and date please be sure to log in and have your exzact timezone set in the profile section. Then you may go to the stastics page and find "Board Started" and that time should be around when we reach exzactly a year.

If there are any problems, I'll be online a fair bit as I'm trying to make sure that this runs as smoothly as possible.

Click here to visit the chat, you'll have to register for an account. If your having any problems please reply to this topic telling me what problems your having.

So I hope you can join us, in this big wonderful chat.

Regards
Driver Madness

NOTE: If you can join us in this chat, next chat when we would be more popular we will have 2 chats going on in the same day, just so you don't have to get up out of bed in the middle of the night to join us.

Have any questions?

UPDATE: The chat has finished and was a success.
Last edited by madness on Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I think ive found a rather major problem :(. Before I logged in, it said1 day 12 hrs 2 go in the gmt0 timezone, then once i\'d logged in to gmt13+ timezon there was a 2 days 1 hr to go. so everyone will be getting different times :S. can you make it so its on one timezone for everyone?????
By madness
hmm... this dose appear to be a major issue, I'll try to get this resolved asap.
I never noticed this, thanks for pointing that out.
By Sedans
gee, ive never noticed that either

also, this is confusing, i'm probally going to get up at around 3AM on tha morning because that is tha time when everyone posts :(, because at around either 6:00am or 11:00 am (Depending what day it is) everything has been posted at around 3:00 in tha morning, so mostly, i'm usually online alone, which totally sucks because only about, um, 3 times i had an actual conversation with one of tha members, who either, woke up at night, and decided to check in on tha forum, or they were just online because of some other reason.
By madness
I have just disabled the countdown timer, Now to get a pretty good estimate of the time of the chat make sure your timexone settings are correct on the profile page, and check out the Statistics Page.

Which shows you the time at which the board started = Board started Sun 22 Jan, 2006 6:37 pm That's the time for me, but It should convert this into your timezone so you get the correct time in your timezone.

Either that and if you don't trust what has been generated by a script like before you can do the conversions youself to make sure it's correct, try converting "GMT+9.30 on Sun 22 Jan, 2006 6:37 pm" into your timezone, and show up in the chat an hour early, I'll be posting the link very soon :D
By madness
I'm currently posting now to say that there is exzactly 1 day till the chat.

I'd also like to say that it would be nice if you come a couple of hours earlier :D

And I'll give regular updates here on time time the chat starts, about 4 hours before I'll do a notifycation for every hour just so everyone knows.

I may not be able to get the countdown timer work but next year I will defainlty have one, so this can be done more professionally.
By madness
There is about 19hours to that chat.

Also check out the shoutbox for regular updates.... However I'll be offline to make more updates, but I'll be online 7hours before the chat to put up more updates.

The chat is now fully open and working, register an account at (link removed) and then login if you have any problems please post them here and I'll help you out asap.

It would also be nice if you could come to the chat a little bit earlier, you know just for a fun countdown, like to countdown to new years :D

Anyways it's off to bed for me now for about 9hours, then I'll be back here posting updates for the chat.

Also to recieve further updates via. email please use the watch topic for replies button, it looks like a little clock alternatively you can press the Watch this topic for replies button.

NOTE: Usually I wouldn't double post so much, but I have a special reason to do this here... Just so users subscribed to this forum get the updates via email.
Last edited by madness on Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Sedans
EDIT? WHAT HAPPEND TO MY POST? i posted it, what happened?

EDIT2? Madness keep that link up please, jus so i know where to go :)

Gee another edit: EDiT3: i joined tha chatroom under tha name "Sedans" (i wonder why lol :roll: )
By madness
We jus had about 30mins left and the server went down :S
I'm so upset :(
I'm talking to someone know and this is all they have said so far

"website is down, at the worst possible time? please help?"** You are now speaking with Richard, Support. **
Richard : what is your sites URL?
madness : http://www.madness.firstnite.ca/
madness : cpanel works fine
Richard : Give me a couple seconds please
madness : ok

I have been waiting about 10 mins now...
By madness
Ok, the problem was resolved and within 10mins I was back online, there was a little dns error with the server.

All is working fine...
The chat was quite a success for the first year, even if we only had 3 people chatting during the final countdown.

I'll be posting a full chatlog soon...

Since that chat has finished for this year, consider this topic un-announced and the topic edited slightly.

You may still talk about this thread, as I've keep it unlocked.
By Sedans
Well madness, looks like tha chat turned out a success, even though there were only 3 of us, and even though i had to get up at 2am in tha morning, it was fun, and yes i got off at 4 am so i could sleep for 4 important tests, i came down with a cold, that sucks in alot of different ways. :(
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Sedans wrote:Well madness, looks like tha chat turned out a success, even though there were only 3 of us, and even though i had to get up at 2am in tha morning, it was fun, and yes i got off at 4 am so i could sleep for 4 important tests, i came down with a cold, that sucks in alot of different ways. :(
but did the tests go fine?
you told me it was 3 am :D

After some testing, I got it to work. You have use[…]

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4