Old news can be found here.
AAGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Okay, here's the problem. CL69 pre-ordered D4, and I put his order in the database. Then I sent the PM, BUT IT SAID CONNECTION TIMED OUT EVERYTIME!! Now, he is flooding my inbox with the same exact PM over and over. I don't want him getting impatient and worried. CL69, if you are reading this, this is what the pm said:
Dear customer,
Thank you for pre-ordering Driv3r: Russia! Your order form has been received and is being added to the order database. You will get the game one day early and you will get the Driv3r: Russia desktop theme.

Sincerely,
Chrisl121212
By Fireboyd78
I know, thats why i flooded your inbox! The message really goes through, it just doesn't confirm it. I got your messages.
Coyote wrote:
chrisl121212 wrote:AAGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Okay, here's the problem. CL69 pre-ordered D4
Your game is not Driver 4, that's for sure O_o
Ubisoft didn't get the trademark on it, so I took advantage of it. If they complain, I will simply change it to Driver: Russia. It's just a name, no big deal. :roll:
chrisl121212 wrote:
Coyote wrote:

Ubisoft didn't get the trademark on it, so I took advantage of it. If they complain, I will simply change it to Driver: Russia. It's just a name, no big deal. :roll:
Driver: The Recruit, remember? (And no, Driver: The Recruit is not C.O.P. The Recruit)
Nick Brasil wrote:
chrisl121212 wrote:
Coyote wrote:

Driver: The Recruit, remember? (And no, Driver: The Recruit is not C.O.P. The Recruit)
Of course I remember. How could a true Driver fan like me forget about it?
chrisl121212 wrote:
Coyote wrote:

No big deal, wtf ? It's a licensing story and the name has already been trademarked, you cannot use it. It was already trademarked before DPL came out, dunno what game it stands for actually. You could get an amende of thousands of Dollars... But if you wanna take this risk, go on.
Coyote wrote:
chrisl121212 wrote:
Coyote wrote:

No big deal, wtf ? It's a licensing story and the name has already been trademarked, you cannot use it. It was already trademarked before DPL came out, dunno what game it stands for actually. You could get an amende of thousands of Dollars... But if you wanna take this risk, go on.
Trademarked? I don't think so.
By T.K.
Stop arguing and live with it
chrisl121212 wrote:
Coyote wrote:
chrisl121212 wrote:
Coyote wrote:

Trademarked? I don't think so.
The name "DRIVER" is already trademarked and "4" is just a number ( which cannot be trademarked ), therefore you cannot use any name that is "DRIVER [insert number]", get it ? Grow up kids.

Also, we don't know if the game won't be called Driver 4, "The Recruit" might just be spinoff, like Driver 76.. we don't know anything about the name "Driver 4" coz, as I said, it's already trademarked, so nothing to say bout it, so no news, so yeah. Damn.
By cleone
Fine, then I'll just cancel it.
By Coyote
chrisl121212 wrote:Fine, then I'll just cancel it.
WTF ? Sorry, but sometimes you're really childish.
By T.K.
SHUT UP AND STOP ARGUING OVER SOMETHING AS DUMB AS THIS.
By cleone
I was being sarcastic. Do you think one person is going to cause me to cancel the game? Err! What about Halo and Mario, they all had fan-made games, and Bungie and Nintendo never complained one bit. So, END THIS STUPID ARGUMENTS NOW!
By cleone
I was being sarcastic. Do you think one person is going to cause me to cancel the game? Err! What about Halo and Mario, they all had fan-made games, and Bungie and Nintendo never complained one bit. So, END THIS STUPID ARGUMENTS NOW!
By T.K.
chrisl121212 wrote:I was being sarcastic. Do you think one person is going to cause me to cancel the game? Err! What about Halo and Mario, they all had fan-made games, and Bungie and Nintendo never complained one bit. So, END THIS STUPID ARGUMENTS NOW!
SECONDED
By Coyote
Actually my site is Driver-4.com and I don't want people to think my site would be about your game.

Okay I think it's time to contact Ubisoft, this is becoming a serious legality problem.

Sorry for being an ass, but business is business, and you have to learn to fight! ;)
By T.K.
*steps back*
By cleone
Coyote wrote:Actually my site is Driver-4.com and I don't want people to think my site would be about your game.

Okay I think it's time to contact Ubisoft, this is becoming a serious legality problem.

Sorry for being an ass, but business is business, and you have to learn to fight! ;)
I figured that, but don't be such a bi*** about your website. Just change it to "The Recruit" or something.
By Coyote
Hell, why ?! Nobody said the next Driver will be called The Recruit, until now everything tells us that it's going to be Driver 4, Gareth Edmondson's Interview, the eastereggs in Driver PL, etc etc. Why don't you just change the name of your game, hm ? It's much easier than renaming a whole site, with it's domain and everything..
By cleone
I don't have DPL yet, so I know nothing about those easter eggs you are talking about. But I am getting the game so I will see what you are talking about.

This is the dumbest argument ever. Just put a post on your site saying that it is not about my game. Simple solution.

From this point forward, I am not looking at this topic. It is pointless, off topic, and contains a stupid argument. So, bye-bye.
By T.K.
Bon voyage!
By Coyote
chrisl121212 wrote:I don't have DPL yet, so I know nothing about those easter eggs you are talking about. But I am getting the game so I will see what you are talking about.
Once you have it you will understand that the game of the next Driver is already Driver 4..
chrisl121212 wrote:This is the dumbest argument ever. Just put a post on your site saying that it is not about my game. Simple solution.
And this is the most unproffesionnal thing I've ever heard. Fits you well.
chrisl121212 wrote:From this point forward, I am not looking at this topic. It is pointless, off topic, and contains a stupid argument. So, bye-bye.
Oke cool ciao! :D
By T.K.
And arguing with him makes you professional?
Wow.
But really, I have to side with Coyote this time. It'd probably be better to just name the game "Driver: Russia"
By Coyote
Yeah I don't see why you wanna call it Driver 4 now that it already says Driver : Russia everywhere.

No, never said I'm proffessional. I'm proffesionnal when I do webdesign or do DJ'n and get hundreds of bucks. Now I'm in a chill mood, doing nothing and yeah :P
By T.K.
Coyote wrote:Yeah I don't see why you wanna call it Driver 4 now that it already says Driver : Russia everywhere.

No, never said I'm proffessional. I'm proffesionnal when I do webdesign or do DJ'n and get hundreds of bucks. Now I'm in a chill mood, doing nothing and yeah :P
I apologize.

Srsly, it's not that bad to change the name of the game.
When you change a domain, you must go through all the code you have and change every link and and put the new domain up.
By cleone
CJayC wrote:Srsly, it's not that bad to change the name of the game.
When you change a domain, you must go through all the code you have and change every link and and put the new domain up.
You've never created a game before, so you know NOTHING. It is harder to change the name of a game.
By T.K.
FOr the record, I have created a game, although noone knows about it.

But now I am on no side. I say just live with the damn names as-is, or I will pick them both for you.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]