By madness
I've noticed that gamespot has only announced a section for DRIVER: 5 for PS3. So currently DRIVER: 5 should be released for PS3 as it has a large compacity Blu-Ray Technology where they can fit up to 56gig of data in there game. I don't think DRIVER: 5 will be released on XBOX360 soely because it can only hold 9gig on each disk.
By Sedans
shoot. i jus got s 360 fo Christmas. :(
By madness
You even lucky to get that, It'll take me a lot longer to recieve an xbox360 at such a price. I'm thinking about saving up all this year for a PS3, anyways there will hopefully be an XBOX360 version as the Media Releations Manager said it's coming on all Next Generation consoles, meaning that it should now be on 360. Sadly GameSpot never updates their site until information is given out to them.

ANyways PS3 version will be more highly detailed as is has better specs and it's got a special CELL core processor, and not to forget Reflections could make a more expensive Blue-Ray version of the game so it uses the Blue-Ray technology and have lots of content and features, that would make the PS3 version of the game look way more awsome.
By nitrored
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
do u think it will come out for ps2? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :? :? :? :? :? :?
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Sedans wrote:shoot. i jus got s 360 fo Christmas. :(
Microsoft are just about to release in NZ (so I imagine it's already in USA) an external HD DVD drive for X360s. the only problem is it'll set you back NZD$250 (about $150 US I think) :(
By nitrored
lseven7 wrote:
Sedans wrote:shoot. i jus got s 360 fo Christmas. :(
Microsoft are just about to release in NZ (so I imagine it's already in USA) an external HD DVD drive for X360s. the only problem is it'll set you back NZD$250 (about $150 US I think) :(
its $109.99 in gamecrazy
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
$109.99 US dollars?
By Daltarin-Elite
i'm not sure where i read it but it says somewhere that drivers original roots stem from playstation, and they want to continue with that. which i think is great. but PS3 is about 1200 new Zealand 1000 australian 600 - 700 american and the british currency has always confused me so it's either about 500 pounds or 2500 pounds. but both figures seem unlikely.
By nitrored
Lseven7 wrote:$109.99 US dollars?
yep,it aint cheap!
By LoXodonte
Registration Days Posts
I pirated a ton of old xbox games and the majority never came close to the space limitation, and were burnabale on 4.7's. I doubt space will be an issue, if it is, microsoft will find a way to make their hddvd player play games with a firmware update or somin.
By Daltarin-Elite
But they have the option for about 56 gigs i think so i say go wild.
By madness
Well there is enough room for the next driver to have up to 56gig on a more expensive dual-layer blu-ray disk or somewhere around 26gig on the cheaper single-layer disks.

the makers of ps3 really need to explain how the ps3 is better for the gaming world, with this extra knowledge from gamers more people would probably buy ps3's not worrying about the expensive costs involved.
By Daltarin-Elite
Well i tried to save for one but got side tracked and spent about $2000 on god knows what. but i think the PS3 is much better.
By Coyote
Better that what ? The bobox360 ? :mrgreen:

Yeh of course, just look at the videos on youtube (Smash my PS3, Smash my Xbox360 and smash my Wii). The PS3 is more resistent than the 360.
By TheGabo92
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
I think that means nothing, cause the game wasn't even announced... I think that the game will be release for both consoles and I hope PC too (I don't have any Next-Gen console T_T)
By Daltarin-Elite
If you search on wikipedia for the list of Playstation 3 games, there will be a complete list of all the games either realesed, about to be released or currently in development for the PS3. Driver is in that list but last time i looked there was no information on the game itself. So it's definatly meant to be for the PS3 but i don't remember whether it said it was exclusive. I hope not.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Next-Gen Driver will for sure be on PS3 and Xbox 360, a Wii version is very unlikey but a PC version on the other hand is very likely. This is Ubisoft that were talking about afterall.

Technically though, Driver 4/5 doesn't exist since the announcement at TGS 2006 was under the Atari name. When Ubisoft aquired the franchise they could have postponed any of the development plans. Most likely though, the game is in development and it will be multi-platform. Really, there's no need for the game to be exclusive to just one system given the current console sales statistics.
By Daltarin-Elite
Regardless whether it's multiplatform i'm getting mine on PS3, i wont even have a PS3 when i buy it but it'll give me insentive to get one. I also think a wii version is unlikley i don't know if it'll actually be able to cope with a lot of the things that will be released in the near future.
By Moonchild
I too will buy the PS3 version because of what it could mean to Home and the fact that I like the Dualshock controller the best.

If the PS3/360 versions sells poorly though than a Wii version is possible. It won't be the same game though, it'll be more of a stripped version. Another possibility for a Wii version is if the system keeps selling very well over the next 1-2 years. In the end though, I think the Wii is a piece of crap so I really don't care.
By Daltarin-Elite
Yeah. The Wii sucks. I didn't mind it when it was codenamed the Nintendo: Revolution. I thought hey that sounds cool...

The my friend told me that the name had newly been anounced as the Wii and i lost all my respect for that console in it's name. Honestly... Wii... How wet is that? It's stupid.

"Mummy. I'm going to play on the wii."
"Well dont strain too hard this time Timmy. Last time it gave you heomaroids."

Is this seriously what nintendo said all around the world.

Apparently so.
By Moonchild
Its not really the name that I hate but rather the system itself. The games are garbage and their too casual and simplistic. The controls are somewhat innovative but there not necessary.

What was Nintendo's big announcement at E3 this year, stupid Wii fit. I don't need a mat to do push-ups yet millions of dumbasses will buy it anyway.

I think its a disgrace that its the #1 selling console right now, but hey, that's only my opnion.
Last edited by Moonchild on Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By madness
I'd have to agree with your, the Nintendo Wii feels like the biggest letdown ever, well in-fact I've never cared about any of Nintendo's products. Sure there product is innovative and fun but the fun wears off pretty quickly.

The controls aren't necessary, it's something different and is worth a couple of days but I'm pretty sure this innovative feature won't be all that great once your used to it.

I only showed some interested in the Nintendo Wii when Driver: Parallel Lines was released on it. However with the Nintendo Wii release I've herd people prefer to be caught on-foot rather than driving due to the ability to aim easier.

This is where aiming while driving comes in, I think Driver: Parallel Lines is the only free roam game to do this and this is pretty much the only reason why I would be temped to buy a Nintendo Wii and Driver: Parallel Lines.

Everything else released on the Nintendo Wii seems to be a product used a a get rich quick scheme used by many developers and you wanna know why developers take this option, because there are low development costs along with a strong market if the brand is well known many people are going to go out and buy the game earning publishers and developers millions.

I don't think it' would be all that great to see a Wii version of the next driver, as you said it would be competently stripped down. Think about it as Driver 2 on GBA, it'll be pretty much a waste of development time, but once again the strong market may change developers and publishers minds.

This seems like a fairly big subject to talk about and is quite interesting how they would come up with the Wii version however I believe it would let the series down with more poor reviews as driver is a driving game and the Wii's controls aren't really designed for driving games. As I said above the only good feature would be able to shoot and drive at the same time.
By Daltarin-Elite
Well, personally, i think that the reason it sells so well is because it is by far the cheapest of the next-gens. It's less than half the PS3 here in New Zealand and about 250 cheaper than the 360,.

It doesn't even deserve the next generation title. So my vote on whether the Wii deserves driver... Hell No!
By madness
Yeah, the first thing I thought was that it's not next generation, it's basically in the same generation as the ps2 and the xbox.

It's fairly annoying, the graphics don't seem much better than the xbox and it's referred to as next generation. It's probably really annoying game developers as well.

It was just released along with ps3's, xbox360's and next generation consoles and I guess that's where it got it's next generation from.

I pretty much agree that the Wii doesn't deserve driver.
However if ubi want to make a another series from the Wii that would be alright maybe continuing the Parallel Lines style on the Wii.

Just like Driver mobile series, driv3r was on mobile and followed with Driver: Vegas and the story of Tanner continued down the track to Driver: La Undercover. They could do a similar thing with Driver on the Wii.
By Daltarin-Elite
Yeah But i don't really like spin offs. Just like CSI, i thought the first was great, but then we had CSI miami, and the CSI new York, and soon to be CSI in hawaii or something like that. it's just crazy and all the efforts were foccused on all the shows and all lost the quality and now i wont watch it.

I'm okay for a couple of spin offs but if it's going to sacrifice the quality of the whole series then i don't want it.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]