The 2010-11 fiscal year will see a greater number of franchise releases than in 2009-10, including Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Conviction™, a new game in the Tom Clancy™’s Ghost Recon® series, Prince of Persia The Forgotten Sands™, Driver®, Raving Rabbids™ 4 and a new episode of Assassin’s Creed®, which will be the first in the series to have an online multiplayer mode. The 2010-11 line-up will be more focused on the Xbox 360® and PLAYSTATION® 3, the consoles which are expected to experience sustained sales growth in games for gamers in calendar 2010. Other new franchises and innovations will also be announced throughout the year.
Ubisoft's 2010-11 fiscal year goes through April 1st 2010 until 31st March 2011.

Source
I feel like a Stranger in a strange land posting here but whenever Driver news surfaces I always come a knocking. First off this is very good news, if it's the fiscal report then an E3 unveiling is almost guaranteed. Kind of strange though, why didn't Ubi just show a teaser trailer at the VGA's to build a little hype instead of basically announcing the project on paper? It’s better then nothing I suppose.

Got to be honest I’m real exited just thinking about how the game looks and plays after all this time/development. It’s good that Ubi wants to focus on major franchises on the big boy consoles instead of crappy Wii shovel ware and the like. It bodes well that Reflections is hopefully getting all the resources needed to make a great game.
Nikusakken wrote:Shame that there weren't any mention on Beyond Good & Evil 2.
http://www.destructoid.com/beyond-good- ... 0482.phtml

It's still in development along with I Am Alive
Moonchild wrote:I feel like a Stranger in a strange land posting here but whenever Driver news surfaces I always come a knocking. First off this is very good news, if it's the fiscal report then an E3 unveiling is almost guaranteed. Kind of strange though, why didn't Ubi just show a teaser trailer at the VGA's to build a little hype instead of basically announcing the project on paper? It’s better then nothing I suppose.

Got to be honest I’m real exited just thinking about how the game looks and plays after all this time/development. It’s good that Ubi wants to focus on major franchises on the big boy consoles instead of crappy Wii shovel ware and the like. It bodes well that Reflections is hopefully getting all the resources needed to make a great game.
You read my mind. And it's good to see Ubisoft getting "owned" by the poor sales on Wii and DS. They only make Imagine and Babyz crap. Their only decent game on Wii was probably Red Steel.
Moonchild wrote:http://www.destructoid.com/beyond-good- ... 0482.phtml

It's still in development along with I Am Alive
Yeah, I later saw it. Good thing that I Am Alive was delayed until 2011. There are way too many games this year.
Nikusakken wrote:You read my mind. And it's good to see Ubisoft getting "owned" by the poor sales on Wii and DS. They only make Imagine and Babyz crap. Their only decent game on Wii was probably Red Steel.
Too true man but it's not just Ubisoft that's seeing poor sales, pretty much every publisher apart from Nintendo is having a hard time figuring out what kind of games the Wii market share want to play. EA and Capcom are doing the same as Ubisoft by stating outright their prioritizing their commitment to develop more games for the PS3/360 rather then the Wii this year.

I’ve actually been looking at a lot of the articles where they mention the Driver announcement and most of it if not almost all is positive. Both the editorial side and the comments kind of all sing the same tune - the franchise getting a reboot is a good thing and that hopefully it’s like the first 2 games. The iPhone port of D1 has been getting good reviews so it looks like the brand is slowly climbing out of the doghouse. It’s good to see.

Nikusakken wrote:Yeah, I later saw it. Good thing that I Am Alive was delayed until 2011. There are way too many games this year.
I know hey, I'm already looking at like 20 must buy games this year and there's still a bunch of stuff unannounced. Where to find the time and money
Moonchild wrote:Too true man but it's not just Ubisoft that's seeing poor sales, pretty much every publisher apart from Nintendo is having a hard time figuring out what kind of games the Wii market share want to play. EA and Capcom are doing the same as Ubisoft by stating outright their prioritizing their commitment to develop more games for the PS3/360 rather then the Wii this year.
Well, it's pretty much like this since the N64. Most of the games that sell on Nintendo's consoles are their own. And it make sense as most people that buy Nintendo consoles want to play Nintendo games (specially Mario).
I’ve actually been looking at a lot of the articles where they mention the Driver announcement and most of it if not almost all is positive. Both the editorial side and the comments kind of all sing the same tune - the franchise getting a reboot is a good thing and that hopefully it’s like the first 2 games. The iPhone port of D1 has been getting good reviews so it looks like the brand is slowly climbing out of the doghouse. It’s good to see.
Yes. Also in a forum that I'm member, this announcement had a very positive feedback which surprised me a bit. Now it's time wait for some more information on the months to come.
I know hey, I'm already looking at like 20 must buy games this year and there's still a bunch of stuff unannounced. Where to find the time and money
And I'm only planning to get 4 or 5, which I'm going bankrupt anyway!
Ubisoft released their sales information. They mention Driver again. Also, I found this:
All of the announced "franchise titles" are slated to arrive before Christmas 2010, the company clarified during a questions and answers portion that followed.

Regarding Trackmania 2, Guillemot noted that that Nadeo's 2010-due over-the-top racing game sequel will have "both an offline and online purchasing model." As for Driver, all that was said was that the game will sport some sort of online multiplayer mode.
http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/62296
Yeah, plus, think of all the money they would lose, I mean, the games rep isn't good as is, releasing it to a smaller market will mean less copies sold, and also, the game may be limited in what it can achieve as the 360 isn't as good as the PS3, and then, if it does come on PS3, we'll have a sh*t version.

My verdict: NO! Release it on PS3, and anyway, were'nt U/R looking for PS3 devs?
In my opinion they should release the game for PC,XBOX 360 and PS3.
I'm not a fan of Nintendo Wii but they could make a Driver for that console,but in my opinion it would be a sh*tty game because Wii is worse compared to PS3 and XBOX 360
Bush was hated because he didn't do what was popular, just what was right. That man loved and still loves his country. People pretty much act like we should've just sat back while we were getting attacked. No, he went to war. He could've bombed the entire Middle East, but he knew he couldn't hurt the innocents, so he sent the soldiers in, to do what they're paid for: to neutralize the enemy. When I saw the video of him reading the book to the kids while 9/11 occured, and when the guard told him, I saw a man who knew his people were dying by the hands of people who wanted this country to die. You can't sit back when that happens.
To be honest, I don't really care the presidents, whoever they are.

And in Ireland, our president does f**k all anyway.

It's the Taoiseach (or Prime Minister in English) who basically rules us. Don't like him though.

A few weeks back our finance minister got pancreatic cancer, I couldn't help thinking, is that karma?
Becuase like a week or 2 before he announced the budget which was, shall we say, not very popular.

Also, in the US, is there no state healthcare system, i.e. do you have to pay for all hospital expenses yourselves or using insurance?
emmetmcl wrote:For me the best president's were ''INSERT A FAMOUS PRESIDENTS NAME HERE''
Alice Cooper (Vincent Damon Furnier) of the Alice Cooper Band participated in the election of 1972 as a publicity stunt to promote the group's album "Billion Dollar Babies", which was due to be released in 1973. Though the shock rock band received few votes, their campaign song "Elected" became a hit.
Now some people want Alice Cooper to be the canditate for the elections of 2012
LOL :mrgreen:
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]