By madness
Media Relations UBISOFT wrote:Dear Driver Madness Administrator :

It is too early for us to speak about what might be changed or added in the Driver gameplay, but I can confirm that we plan to continue to develop the series and that we look forward especially to bringing it to next-gen consoles.

Very best regards,

Mary Beth Henson

Corporate Media Relations Manager
Driver Madness wrote: De : madness productions [mailto:madness.productions@gmail.com]
Envoyé : vendredi 14 juillet 2006 07:32
À : Jean-Benoit Roquette
Objet : Driver Franchise

I'm just wondering if any other steps are going to be taken to change or add to the driver series.

Just wondering if anything different is going to happen now that UBISOFT has taken over the Driver Series.

Thanks for Your Time
Driver Madness Administrator
http://www.drivermadness.p4h.biz
Finnaly a publisher which will say something to the community. I was thrilled when I got a reply from UBISOFT. Just one extra thing better about the new publisher which reflections has recieved :) .

And by the way the message was said we beleave that DRIVER 5 will be released on XBOX360 although this hasn't fully confirmed.
By daan
Registration Days Posts
I really hope that they will release Parallel Lines for PC (but it's impossible:()
By madness
Well atari will still own Driver: Parallel Lines till the end of this year.
The start of next year UBISOFT will take over. And UBISOFT will have to re-release all the Driver Games they now own which includes DRIV3R, Driver: Parallel Lines and they will soon be releasing Driver: 5.

When UBISOFT resell these games they maythink they'll make lots more money by selling a PC Version. A PC version would increase there sales because the game hasn't been released on PC yet.

Although this would mean a total conversion will have to take place.
By Delta-38
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
I woul'd buy the PC version! I don't have a PS2 or XBOX360 but I have a PC so nomater how much I would buy it! 8)
By madness
Delta-38 wrote:I woul'd buy the PC version! I don't have a PS2 or XBOX360 but I have a PC so nomater how much I would buy it! 8)
yeh, I'd say many people who have joined this community want to see a PC release of every driver game. I never liked them not releasing Driver 2 on PC, when I got Driver 1 it was the greatest and looked way better than PS1 version, I just wished they made a good PC version of Driver 2, to. And I just hope they make a PC version of Driver: Parallel Lines and all the upcoming Driver games.
By Delta-38
What requierments will be needed for Driver 2 if it comes out on pc?
By madness
Delta-38 wrote:What requierments will be needed for Driver 2 if it comes out on pc?
Driver 2 won't come out of PC, but you never ever know. Their releasing an Nintendo Wii version of Parallel Lines, so maybe they just might, but if they did it would be the last thing they would do.

If it were to come out of PC it would only have low requirements like

PII 600Mhz, 128MB RAM, 32MB Video Ram

and their would be an increase in the amount of cops and possibly an increase in the detail. But I'm pretty sure this may not be avalible for conversion. But you'll never ever know. But if I were in charge of UBISOFT I'd make sure they make a PC conversion of Driver 2. and it would be profitable... many people will look up to it and think it looks like a good game even if it's old you can always release it at a budget price. But there are many reasons where UBISOFT could make lots of profit.
By Delta-38
I meant Parallel Lines. Sorry :(
By madness
Delta-38 wrote:I meant Parallel Lines. Sorry :(
lol ok, well I don't think it would be too much more than DRIV3R I mean it really was a PS2 and XBOX generation game and it never really pushed the limits of those consoles like DRIV3R so I'm expecting it to be the same, I'll just expect it to be something around what I put below:

Minimum Requirements:

1.5Ghz P4, 256MB RAM, 64MB Video

Recommended Requirements

2.6Ghz P4, 512MB RAM, 128MB Video

Although they may improve many features of the game like they did in the PC release of DRIV3R and if they did create a Film Director just for the PC and maybe the Wii version since they have more power than the last generation. Then in that case that would bump up the requirements. I'll just stick by saying it's really hard to say but don't expect it to be all that high, they really would won't most PC owners of today to be able to play it.
By Delta-38
That's not so bad that is ok it will run on my machine to. Thanks
By madness
Delta-38 wrote:That's not so bad that is ok it will run on my machine to. Thanks
By The Way, what are the specs of your computer.

These are my specs:

Pentium 4 2.66Ghz, 1gig RAM, 128MB NVIDIA Geforce FX 5200 Video Card.
By Delta-38
My computer is not that good. :(
AMD 2200+ 1.8 ghz;
640 RAM;
128MB 128 BIT NVIDIA Gforce FX 5500;
By madness
Delta-38 wrote:My computer is not that good. :(
AMD 2200+ 1.8 ghz;
640 RAM;
128MB 128 BIT NVIDIA Gforce FX 5500;
Well the video card is better than mine meaning that you'll most probley be able to play driv3r better than me, unless CPU speed affects the game alot but i have been unable to run driv3r. then i got a new CPU and I haven't gotten to testing the difference, although I should be able to soon.

But your specs are still pretty good :)
By Delta-38
Well I would buy something bater but I lack the money for upgrades.
The electronic trings around here are still prety expensive.
By madness
yeh, in Australia we just had a pretty big price drop in all of that stuff, it happened so fast. Maybe you will get this price drop soon.
By Delta-38
I don't think so. We just enterd the European Union. So there won't be any changes soon. Well I have the resources but my fiance doesn't aprove my gaming habits :cry: so I must wait.
By madness
Delta-38 wrote:I don't think so. We just enterd the European Union. So there won't be any changes soon. Well I have the resources but my fiance doesn't aprove my gaming habits :cry: so I must wait.
Lets hope they start approving gaming habits :D
They need to understand everyone deserves a break. A gaming break :D

And fast computers are required for bussiness needs in some cases, so maybe if they let you upgrade your computer for bussiness reasons they might let you. And then you can play games :D
By Delta-38
We have the right to buy upgrades but we I mean I don't have the financial background and support to buy and upgrade. :cry:
By Sedans
hmmm, Driver sequel huh, lets hope that will be good
By madness
Yeh, a driver sequal focued on DRIV3R it's storyline and it's passion for cars. The movie fast the script stage about a year ago and there hasn't been anymore news, I just guess it's still in productions. You can find some more information about the movie here.
By Sedans
^^^ Really?! Down Here in Louisiana; since there was a hurricane, that people are still trying to recover from, We had a major RISE in prices, like gas and t-shirts, even milk, and Dr. Pepper, And CocaCola! >( > (
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]