Rumour Control: Any information to suggest a new driver game

UK Forum Manager recently announced the following messages on Ubisoft Forums a couple of hours ago.
ms-kleaneasy wrote:As explained in other threads there is currently no information to suggest a new Driver game, should that change I will let you all know but for now consider anything to the contrary rumour.
ms-kleaneasy wrote:There hasn’t been any announcements to suggest any new Driver game, should that change I will let you know but as it stands no, sorry
By Coyote
Does that mean no Driver 4 or what ? :shock:
By Nikusakken
Coyote wrote:Does that mean no Driver 4 or what ? :shock:
I don't think so. Probably that means as there's no official announcement about the next Driver, there's no sure that a new Driver will come. it may have been cancelled, or it's announcement delayed. Who knows?
By Smiler
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
It wouldn't surprise me if we see the next release between August and November 09,

partly because of the fact that we are seeing a forum moderator on the Driver forums much more often.

about this time last year, there was loads of trouble on the Driver Forums, but no mod was looking after them... it even got to that stage where I actually asked to mod the forums because they started to get out of hand... :shock:

and now that we are starting to hear a little about Driver, it gets me thinking that the press are trying to hint at the next title being due out this year.

and finally... we havent really heard much from Reflections recently talking about employing more staff, so they're probably comfortable with what they have now, and are pretty close to finishing the title.

I suspect that right now they are just cleaning up the last few bugs, and testing the online features that are rumoured to be included in the next Driver title!.

although, I could be completely wrong...
By bb_42001
all we can really do is wait.. nothing more nothing less

and hope our prays will be answered

i might also point out.. driver has become one of the most popular tittles so you would thing Ubisoft wont just stop its development.. they think about money.. and they get money out of driver

bb42001

Noodles

By Coyote
Smiler wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if we see the next release between August and November 09,

partly because of the fact that we are seeing a forum moderator on the Driver forums much more often.

about this time last year, there was loads of trouble on the Driver Forums, but no mod was looking after them... it even got to that stage where I actually asked to mod the forums because they started to get out of hand... :shock:

and now that we are starting to hear a little about Driver, it gets me thinking that the press are trying to hint at the next title being due out this year.

and finally... we havent really heard much from Reflections recently talking about employing more staff, so they're probably comfortable with what they have now, and are pretty close to finishing the title.

I suspect that right now they are just cleaning up the last few bugs, and testing the online features that are rumoured to be included in the next Driver title!.

although, I could be completely wrong...
Haha no dude it's not, didn't you see how far they were with the game in the BBC report ? And they're still looking for new employes, all the time …

I hope the game will be released at the end of this year, so I have more time with my site.
By Smiler
Reflections ain't really making noise about wanting more staff...

if they required more staff they would still be trying to get the word out by doing more BBC & magazine interviews.
By Coyote
Look : http://www.driver-4.com/

Each second news is about Reflections looking for employes. Maybe you're right, but just because they're not looking for staff anymore, it doesn't mean the game is finished. Maybe they've build up their team now, and they're starting to work seriously on it.

Well, imo the game won't be released to fast, and I don't think they're almost finished …
By Nikusakken
Talking about jobs, I found this in the Ubisoft's corporate site, in the Carrers section...
Ubisoft wrote:Market Title - City - Job Category - Create Date

Vehicle Handling Designer - Newcastle - Game & Level Design/Creative Direction - 23/10/2008

Stage Assistant(e) Trade Marketing - Newcastle - Marketing - 2/09/2008

Senior Online Engineer - Newcastle - Programming - 22/10/2008

Senior Character Artist - Newcastle - Graphic Design - 8/01/2009

QA Technician - Newcastle - Testing & Quality Management - 16/12/2008

Lead QA Technician - Newcastle - Testing & Quality Management - 16/12/2008

Intermediate Online Programmer - Newcastle - Programming - 22/10/2008

Experienced PC Specifics Programmer - Newcastle - Programming - 22/10/2008

Character Modeler - Newcastle - Animation - 22/10/2008

Character Animator - Newcastle - Animation - 22/10/2008
Nothing about Driver, but it can give us some info, maybe.

EDIT:

There's something in the Vehicle Handling Designer that may interest ya'll
Ubisoft wrote:Under the direction of the Lead Designer, the Vehicle handling Designer will lead and implement all vehicle handling development within Ubisoft Reflections.

The handling model employed at Reflections is a semi-realistic design that captures the essential behaviour of real vehicles, especially powerful American muscle cars, while still being fun and accessible, and you would be expected to continue this theme in your work.
EDIT 2:

In the Experienced PC Specifics Programmer may suggest that the PC version of Driver will have support for Games For Windows.
Ubisoft wrote:• Experience of Games For Windows logo compliance – parental controls, Vista support, etc.
By Smiler
Thanx for the update Nick!

This is nice to see:
Game & Level Design/Creative Direction:
(obviously, they listened to us on the forums when we said that the Driver games need a more creative city, rarther than just a complete copy of somewhere!)

Although, I am slightly concerned about this:
Experienced PC Specifics Programmer:
(you may notice that it says programmer, so I am concerned that they want just one programmer, and turn the PC version into a cr*ppy port)

I seriously hope that it doesn't become a cr*ppy port... I've seen way too many of them recently...

I hope that the team at criterion make a great port with the first ever Burnout on PC (paradise) because I know that the team at criterion have higher standards than some developers, and that may raise the PC Porting standards from alot of game developers!.

Well, just look at how cr*ppy the GTAIV PC port is:
By Nikusakken
Smiler wrote:Although, I am slightly concerned about this:
Experienced PC Specifics Programmer:
(you may notice that it says programmer, so I am concerned that they want just one programmer, and turn the PC version into a cr*ppy port)

I seriously hope that it doesn't become a cr*ppy port... I've seen way too many of them recently...

I hope that the team at criterion make a great port with the first ever Burnout on PC (paradise) because I know that the team at criterion have higher standards than some developers, and that may raise the PC Porting standards from alot of game developers!.

Well, just look at how cr*ppy the GTAIV PC port is:
Maybe the PC can turn into a crappy port, as Ubisoft has a bad reputation with PC ported games. However, it can't turn into a crappy port because the PC version of DPL was almost bug free*. But we all know that the people at Reflections are talented, and maybe they can make a good job, if Ubisoft doesn't do the same thing as Atari did.
bb_42001 wrote:that vid on youtube show how crap GTA really is
I don't think so. That's a common problem with most PC ported games nowadays.
By Nikusakken
Little update: Funny, the CV of this french developer (Florian Gimat) who works at Ubisoft Reflections, does not mention the next Driver for the PC, only for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Well, if someone here wants to contact him to get some info about the next Driver, well good luck. :D
By Smiler
@Nick

I think that the devs develop it for the consoles, and then you have a seperate team working on the PC Port (primarilly because of the huge amount of different PC configurations) so that may explain why his CV doesn't say that he has worked on the PC version of the next Driver title.
By Nikusakken
Yeah, so that may also explain why the Wii version was ported by Ubisoft Barcelona and not Reflections. Anyways, I just hope that they do a good job and don't screw up with the PC port of the game.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]