Modding discussion for DRIV3R.
By RacingFreak
Although the what I had written about model extracts has gone, here`s my another idea - Driv3r BETA remake.

I would suggest to remake the available cars in the game and using texture mods, to make them looking authentic to how they looked in the BETA stage of Driv3r.

Here are some ideas of mine - Beta Nice Police skin, PS2 and XBOX traffic remakes. Also, there will be vehicle remakes outside Driv3r.

PD right suggested different Miami PD car. Max thunder suggested the beta Mustang (very nice idea!). I started remaking few of the textures, and hopefully there will be some progress soon :wink:

Here are few images showing some stuff:

That 2CV was too much sex machine, why the hell Reflections removed it...
By max.thunder
AWESOME IDEA!! DRIV3R IS BACK!!!
That could be the best Driv3r version ever!
By T.K.
brb I have to change pants after seeing that Zartex.
By RacingFreak
Thanks Taras. What really inspired me doing that are these reasons:
  • Compare Beta and Final - Final is nice, but beta had something final NEVER had. Real atmoshpere with correct cars;
  • Beta had more Citroen models in Nice. Look at the 2CV :twisted:
  • Dammit.. Tanner is looking very bad (look at his hair, it`s like Timmy fired him with molotov). Beta costume was looking better.
  • Beta Police... especially that Citroen Nice cop.
@TK Actually rustied Zartex is better than fake-miamilicious-whatever skin :wink:
By T.K.
Yeah, I'm loving this one, so I am in full support of this mod.
By PostalDude
Goddamn it the beta Diplomat looked AWESOME.
TheOldGamer, you are aware of the LOD of the beta MPD car still existing, right?
By Skylabh
TheOldGamer, we had practically the same idea.The difference is that my project is not necessarily a remake.
For a while, i'm using a professional game engine with which i'm doing some tests. Like you, i would love to have the citroen 2CV and DS and some others cars.That's why i created my youtube channel about Driv3r last year with this idea in mind ( at least trying to recreate the Take A Ride Mode ).
Using this game engine makes me understand how the game works ( scripts, physics, gravity etc ).
I don't know how you have planned to do this, but for me, i have already think of how to do mine.
I see that your project is mainly about making new textures. Nice idea. Good luck with this project.
@PostalDude
Indeed I don't think we can do something with the LOD of the beta MPD :D
Btw, all these things are potentially possibles with a external game engine.
TheOldGamer wrote:
[*]Dammit.. Tanner is looking very bad (look at his hair, it`s like Timmy fired him with molotov). Beta costume was looking better.
Look :mrgreen: Image
By RacingFreak
Oh, yeah? But yours idea is different. I wanna make Driv3r in it`s own engine, why we need making another game, while we can mod the already exciting? But and your is good part, this about standalone, good luck. But you need to have the full cities, not only parts (3D Reaper captures), you know?

Also custom engine muddy-hubby process and useless in few factors. Trust me, when I was making games with 3DFA, I`ve been thinking whatever which wasn`t true. Pro Reflections job is pro, when needs improvements, we will give Driv3r improvements.

BTW, PD, your right, I know about this beta LOD leftover texture (also Reflections used beta LOD texture in PSX Driver). I`ll be using this as base to repaint the final one.
By RacingFreak
PostalDude wrote:10 bucks says the LOD of the Nice copcar is still the DS. :lol:
Yeah man, I didn`t checked yet (having no time that week) but I doubt it is, so then the modelling left aside :wink:
By RacingFreak
If anyone with moderator privilegies is seeing that, please delete that topic. Since everyone wants to make it as it`s own, but not as group mod, I discontinue progress on that.

I`ll restart again, untill anyone wants we doing it in a texture modding group, but not copying what I or anyone else was keeping in mind.

Peace out.
By bb_42001
No, just because one person is doing it on there own doesn't mean everyone is, from what i can tell its a completely different project.

bb42001

Noodles

By RacingFreak
Yeah BB, but.. well. I wanted to see mass members in one co-operated project, but we are too little to did this, I think.. atleast.
By max.thunder
The word originally means a charm or a spell. But now its more commonly said meaning sex appeal or talent.
I think that he means talent
By RacingFreak
Yeah, I don`t have that much from that. Also, I typed this, because I had a phrase from Austin Powers movie in my mind :D
By T.K.
THIS TOPIC MAKES ME RANDY BABY
By bibidibabidibu
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
not mine but somebody is working on. maybe little bit support and interests he can share some files and mods with us :)
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]