Modding discussion for Driver: San Francisco.
By Klancnik777
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
added ASYM cars to the traffic and it looks beutiful! this includes a taxi, cop version, and civ version.
Image thumbnail Image thumbnail

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lvt4c ... ympack.rar

just copy and paste to the Media directory in Driver San Francisco base folder and enyoy!
-All ASYM cars are marked as blue dots on the minimap
-Dodge monaco cop car isnt present in here. but this is temporary
-When i figure out how to replace traffic vehicles i will update this post.

UPDATE: cops will not spawn in the kidnap mission where you drive audi. so its advised not to use asym mod at that time
Last edited by Klancnik777 on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By PostalDude
Klancnik777 wrote:added ASYM cars to the traffic and it looks beutiful! this includes a taxi, cop version, and civ version.

https://www.mediafire.com/?lvt4ce021yc9hhl

just copy and paste to the Media directory in Driver San Francisco base folder and enyoy!
-When i figure out how to replace/add traffic vehicles i will update this post.
Already got quite a few screens of the cop version, the civi and taxi are awesome too.
The badges showing up as Cadillac Escalade badges got fixed btw, to anyone wondering:
By Private Tadpole
Registration Days Posts Avatar
I know this is a bump, but this thread is alterady in the top of the page, so...
Klancnik777 wrote:UPDATE: cops will not spawn in the kidnap mission where you drive audi. so its advised not to use asym mod at that time
I don't remember there being a kidnapping mission with an audi. Do you mean the 'Escapist' mission? The one with Ordell and the mysterious Kirk dude who's always serious and actually doesn't mind if you trash the car unlike several others? (EDIT: Ah, you mean the one with Toby's son David who was kidnapped by Cyrus?)

Still, I'm glad you added this, the ASYM seems like a pretty fast car! Now, the only thing left is to find a way to add it to the garage... Also, in a future update for this mod, could you make the dots be yellow instead? I don't want to confuse potential police cars for ASYM Desannes, or vice-versa. And if you do this, then have the dots be red when there's a mission where target cars are identified as yellow dots on the map.

It'd make the job a lot easier if you could have them appear in another color though. Some sort of pale green would work.

EDIT #2: I've readed the readme and played with the mod, and I'm quite glad I backed up the original file. Now, I'm not saying the mod sucks. It's nice, I always wanted to drive the Desanne, but, as it is to be expected, it's quite glitchy. As the Taxis replace the pursuit Charger, they are pretty much considered police cars by the game, and thus you may find yourself being chased by a gang of taxis. And I saw a Cadillac Escalade pursuit car for a specific mission(namely Mission From God) be replaced by Tanner's Challenger R/T.

Here's what you could do: In the next version, have the civillian Desanne replace a civillian car that appears in multiple chapters. The Dodge Charger and the Chevrolet Camaro are good examples. Have the taxi Desanne replace the taxi Impala instead. The pursuit Desanne is a bit trickier, though. As I mentioned, police cars being replaced seem to jerk up the game. For this, you can either have the pursuit Desanne replace the pursuit Corvette(lots of users will love you for it), or don't include it at all for safety reasons(alternatively you can publish two versions of the mod; one with the pursuit Desanne, and one without it).
Last edited by Private Tadpole on Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Mark Ivan X719
Registration Days Avatar
Hey Klancnik i tought your gonna replace the traffic with it and add the Asym Desanne (Normal) asym cop car X/T And The Taxi Desanne at the traffic without replacing Other Cop Cars You said this Update this post but you didn't make a updated anything tho?
By Mark Ivan X719
Registration Days Avatar
Private Tadpole wrote:I know this is a bump, but this thread is alterady in the top of the page, so...
Klancnik777 wrote:UPDATE: cops will not spawn in the kidnap mission where you drive audi. so its advised not to use asym mod at that time
I don't remember there being a kidnapping mission with an audi. Do you mean the 'Escapist' mission? The one with Ordell and the mysterious Kirk dude who's always serious and actually doesn't mind if you trash the car unlike several others? (EDIT: Ah, you mean the one with Toby's son David who was kidnapped by Cyrus?)

Still, I'm glad you added this, the ASYM seems like a pretty fast car! Now, the only thing left is to find a way to add it to the garage... Also, in a future update for this mod, could you make the dots be yellow instead? I don't want to confuse potential police cars for ASYM Desannes, or vice-versa. And if you do this, then have the dots be red when there's a mission where target cars are identified as yellow dots on the map.

It'd make the job a lot easier if you could have them appear in another color though. Some sort of pale green would work.

EDIT #2: I've readed the readme and played with the mod, and I'm quite glad I backed up the original file. Now, I'm not saying the mod sucks. It's nice, I always wanted to drive the Desanne, but, as it is to be expected, it's quite glitchy. As the Taxis replace the pursuit Charger, they are pretty much considered police cars by the game, and thus you may find yourself being chased by a gang of taxis. And I saw a Cadillac Escalade pursuit car for a specific mission(namely Mission From God) be replaced by Tanner's Challenger R/T.

Here's what you could do: In the next version, have the civillian Desanne replace a civillian car that appears in multiple chapters. The Dodge Charger and the Chevrolet Camaro are good examples. Have the taxi Desanne replace the taxi Impala instead. The pursuit Desanne is a bit trickier, though. As I mentioned, police cars being replaced seem to jerk up the game. For this, you can either have the pursuit Desanne replace the pursuit Corvette(lots of users will love you for it), or don't include it at all for safety reasons(alternatively you can publish two versions of the mod; one with the pursuit Desanne, and one without it).
What Do You Mean Chevrolet Camaro Be Replace by a civillian desanne that means in the end of the mission you could be driving a asym desanne execpt a Chevrolet camaro how about The Ford Taurus instead it doesn't have any City mission that means you can play it with out the boring old ford Taurus Instead of the civillan desanne
By Mark Ivan X719
Registration Days Avatar
Klancnik777 wrote:added ASYM cars to the traffic and it looks beutiful! this includes a taxi, cop version, and civ version.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/lvt4c ... ympack.rar

-When i figure out how to replace traffic vehicles i will update this post.

UPDATE: cops will not spawn in the kidnap mission where you drive audi. so its advised not to use asym mod at that time
How about you just do this where you did on The Dodge Monaco Cop in
traffic mod? how about do the same but all of the chapters even prologue but add the police asym and civillian asym (Add these 2 cars in the prologue too?)but replace the taxi on all the chapters even in prologue so you just do what you did to dodge monaco cop in traffic mod? just replace chapter 1 chapter 2 chapter 3 chapter 4 chapter 5 chapter 6 chapter 7 even in the prologue mission so if you did this i would be happy if you did this!!! cuz i don't need to replace the scriptsluascripts.fchunk flie cuz i need the asyms to be in the garage too! So Please do what you did on the dodge monaco cop in traffic mod the Same Instructions Execpt replace the taxis on all chapters and add the civil asym and the cop asym hope you find this Reply and reply to this too :specialdriver:
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]