Modding discussion for Driver 2.
By DatDirtyBananas
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Skylabh wrote:Nice job, materials converted to GIMS materials, but i was expecting to see the city without ENB in fact.
You agree too? :D
By Skylabh
DatDirtyBananas wrote:
Skylabh wrote:Nice job, materials converted to GIMS materials, but i was expecting to see the city without ENB in fact.
You agree too? :D
Well i did not think for a second to ENB so yes i agree.
By Ss4gogeta0
Registration Days Posts Posts
GTARandom was the one who did the conversion as he has far superior knowledge of GTA IV's inner workings than I do... and I was not the one who did the video, my PC does not run GTA IV that well sadly (Its optimized for Intel CPU's and my PC is an AMD A10)
By VAIMAHDO
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
GTARandom was the one who did the conversion as he has far superior knowledge of GTA IV's inner workings than I do... and I was not the one who did the video, my PC does not run GTA IV that well sadly (Its optimized for Intel CPU's and my PC is an AMD A10)
AMD A10's aren't necessarily the most powerful AMD processor out there, my FX 6300 plays GTA IV at pretty high settings with some insane framerates.
By Ss4gogeta0
VAIMAHDO wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
AMD A10's aren't necessarily the most powerful AMD processor out there, my FX 6300 plays GTA IV at pretty high settings with some insane framerates.
its just a $500 laptop im using, nothing special... and yea GTA IV's PC Port was messed up for AMD's... although if you have a powerful PC you can Brute Force it to work...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=3152857

Poorly Optimized
By VAIMAHDO
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
VAIMAHDO wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
its just a $500 laptop im using, nothing special... and yea GTA IV's PC Port was messed up for AMD's... although if you have a powerful PC you can Brute Force it to work...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=3152857

Poorly Optimized
Laptops.... I don't need to say anything more. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of portable gaming, but laptops have a terrible strength/heat balance.
By madness
Imagine if it were easier to make an entire Driver 2 conversion for GTA V.

If GTA V has modding support.
Reflections should partner with GTA and remake their standout games in rockstars engine as a purchasable modification.
Maybe a bit of a silly idea, haha. But it would be interesting to explore all driver in GTA's engine.
Too bad the old files reflections worked on to make the game are probably long gone.

What happened the archiving everything... maybe they did and there not telling us.
By PostalDude
GTA has never had any modding "support" from R* whatsoever, never will. Although they have no problems whatsoever with the modding community (they've featured vids of GTA IV mods on RGSC and they also used Simple Native Trainer and ICenhancer in the GTA IV scenes in the movie "Meltdown" in GTA V) The idea of Reflections partnering up with R* is not going to happen and is impossible as well.
By Ss4gogeta0
got someone converting Havana to GTA III, hopefully it turns out well lol
By DatDirtyBananas
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:got someone converting Havana to GTA III, hopefully it turns out well lol
Sounds good actually. Too bad Driver 2 wasn't a newer game (meaning PS2, Xbox, PC). There would've been some more detailed areas like Driv3r
By Ss4gogeta0
DatDirtyBananas wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:got someone converting Havana to GTA III, hopefully it turns out well lol
Sounds good actually. Too bad Driver 2 wasn't a newer game (meaning PS2, Xbox, PC). There would've been some more detailed areas like Driv3r
yea, but then again we have people who can model things in the game... ;)
By DatDirtyBananas
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:
DatDirtyBananas wrote:
yea, but then again we have people who can model things in the game... ;)
Definitely! Like that post when I put a feltzer engine into the Nice convertible (Y)
By Ss4gogeta0
here is a test that was done of an on the fly vehicle converson

ok so I went through all the level models on both discs and even the beta disc....

I was wondering why there are missing textures?

I logged a list of missing textures for each city... all are "Page_#.TGA" with the # being replaced by a number...
Code: Select all
Rio Missing 49, 64, 65, 66, 67, 69

Vegas Missing 5, 11, 12, 18, 19, 26, 33, 35, 43, 50, 56, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68

Chicago Missing  46, 47, 49, 54, 55, 56, 57, 61, 64, 66, 67, 70

Havana Missing 38, 39, 42, 43, 44, 45, 48, 49

Havana 38 & 39 are found in the Beta Disc
any answers?

also I tried converting the maps from Driver 1 but this is all I get... (NY Map, but happens to LA, Miami, SF maps aswell)

Any Ideas?
By Krishty
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
I can provide raw vertex and texture data from my viewer (
), but you'd need to write a script or a plug-in to import those. And material information might have gone missing.
By DatDirtyBananas
Hmm where did you get that Driv3r Taxi? I'd like that mod (it fits better with GTA SA though imo) but it's good (Y) cant see to see a total conversion of one of the driver games one day
By SOAP
Ss4gogeta0 wrote: also I tried converting the maps from Driver 1 but this is all I get... (NY Map, but happens to LA, Miami, SF maps aswell)

<Image cut>

Any Ideas?
PSX Driver 1 maps are not supported for now, but sector locations works as well. I haven't worked on it since I develop Driver Syndicate.
By Ss4gogeta0
Krishty wrote:I can provide raw vertex and texture data from my viewer (
), but you'd need to write a script or a plug-in to import those. And material information might have gone missing.
:lol: I am nowhere near advanced enough to write a script to import everything, but I may know someone who can ;)

so toss em my way please
DatDirtyBananas wrote:Hmm where did you get that Driv3r Taxi? I'd like that mod (it fits better with GTA SA though imo) but it's good (Y) cant see to see a total conversion of one of the driver games one day
honestly, I did not make the video so I dont know. you would have to ask Zmey20009 because hes the one whose been helping me with the GTA 3 conversion
SOAP wrote:
Ss4gogeta0 wrote: also I tried converting the maps from Driver 1 but this is all I get... (NY Map, but happens to LA, Miami, SF maps aswell)

<Image cut>

Any Ideas?
PSX Driver 1 maps are not supported for now, but sector locations works as well. I haven't worked on it since I develop Driver Syndicate.
its all good lol, tho I am loving that program. hopefully after you release Driver Syndicate you can go back and fix some of the smaller bugs and expand upon it abit more to support other games in the series ;)
By Krishty
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Ss4gogeta0 wrote::lol: I am nowhere near advanced enough to write a script to import everything, but I may know someone who can ;)

so toss em my way please
Here it its: http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/jEWYiLQp/file.html

In Driver/Data/<levelname>, you'll find seven files:
  • *.r8g8b8c8 – this is just all textures from the level, in 256×256, one after another.
  • *.alphatested – for each triangle in the level with transparency on it, three vertices in the format
    float x, y, z
    byte r, g, b
    byte textureIndex (in the r8g8b8c8 file)
    byte u, v
    ushort unused
  • *.gouraud – for each triangle in the level which does not have any texture on it, three vertices in the format
    float x, y, z
    byte r, g, b
    byte unused
    You may want to assign a white texture to those.
  • *.shadows – for each triangle in the level belonging to a shadow, three vertices in the format
    float x, y, z;
    byte textureIndex (in the r8g8b8c8 file; set color to black and use alpha channel only)
    byte unused
    byte u, v
  • *.solid – just like *.alphatested, but all the triangles are fully opaque (you may want to merge it with .alphatested; they had only been seperated for performance reasons)
  • *.sprites for each triangle in the level belonging to a sprite (trees!), three vertices in the format
    float x, y (left and upwards relative to center of the sprite)
    float centerX, centerY, centerZ
    byte textureIndex
    byte unused
    byte u, v
    This is because sprites rotate while you move through the level; you will likely merge all vertices with the same center to one object.
  • colors – environment data. Not imported from the original files; I made it up myself.
    float skyR, skyG, skyB
    float sunX, sunY, sunZ
    float sunR, sunG, sunB
byte is an 8-bit unsigned number; ushort is a 16-bit unsigned number, and float is a 32-bit single-precision floating-point number. Always, the number of items in a file ist just size of file / size of item.
Last edited by Krishty on Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ss4gogeta0 liked this
By Skylabh
DatDirtyBananas wrote:Hmm where did you get that Driv3r Taxi? I'd like that mod (it fits better with GTA SA though imo) but it's good (Y) cant see to see a total conversion of one of the driver games one day
I guess he extracted the taxi from the game's files with Antilli.
By DatDirtyBananas
Skylabh wrote:
I guess he extracted the taxi from the game's files with Antilli.
sh*t, i'd like to know how to make a car mod for GTA, I've only done it on GTA Vice City with Zmodeler2 and it had issues :(
By Ss4gogeta0
ok im back after school/family/game hacking had killed my free time.

Anyone know why the textures are corrupted on vegas?

By Ss4gogeta0
everything seems fine in the .mtl file

could it be a bug in the program? something might be redirecting it to extract the chicago textures for vegas
By Skylabh
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:could it be a bug in the program? something might be redirecting it to extract the chicago textures for vegas
Did you put the level in a "levels" folder ?

I didn't put it in this folder and my .mtl file looks like this
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]