General discussion for the DRIVER series.

If Driver would get sold, which company would you like to be the buyer?

Microsoft
No votes
0%
EA
6%
Activision
No votes
0%
2K Games
18%
Independent studio
18%
Other (write below)
59%
Skylabh wrote:No matter the company, without the expertise of the Edmondson brothers, Driver will never be the same ( btw, this is already the case unfortunately ).
Yeah, that's the part that's hard to live with, is it'll never be the same again. All we can do is play the original line of Driver games.
R.I.P Driver, Driver - Driver PL Beta (The final version of DPL was released by Ubisoft, no?)
But if I own Driver, at least I can guarantee it will be genuine, not what Ubisoft has done with it. :|
And if someone takes it before I even have a chance, let's just hope they know what to do with Driver...
the kid 78 wrote:2K or Rockstar, Driver Parallel Lines is a beta ?

I didn't know that if so, can someone explain how !
No, I was saying that in the earliest stages of the game was owned by Atari, while later on (after some legal stuff) in the final version was owned by Ubisoft.
But I just looked at my PS2 disc and it seems to be owned under Atari. The PC version I have, says Ubisoft though. It's been awhile since I touched the game so I remembered incorrectly, but somewhere during the development of Driver Parallel Lines, Ubisoft bought Reflections, and I guess trademarking began after the console releases of Driver Parallel Lines
helkensinken wrote:rockstar north
this. but since R* hates driver… then they probably turn the game into a joke.

2k Czech doesn't sound bad. Mafia was an awesome series.

I'd like if Driver took a blend of D1 and DSF's driving elements,.. mixed with some mafia II style gameplay, R* GTA VC/SA/IV story, and some good shooting system.
Sedans wrote:
helkensinken wrote:rockstar north
this. but since R* hates driver… then they probably turn the game into a joke.

2k Czech doesn't sound bad. Mafia was an awesome series.

I'd like if Driver took a blend of D1 and DSF's driving elements,.. mixed with some mafia II style gameplay, R* GTA VC/SA/IV story, and some good shooting system.
That does sound perfect, and how about...
A non-broken DRIV3R with a more intelligent fit together storyline.
Honestly. I dont think Rockstar particularly hates the Driver series... True Crime/Sleeping Dogs, Yes... Driver, Not so Much (they have poked fun at the series though). Especially since there are many separate independent studios under the Rock* name

Honestly if Rockstar San Diego were to somehow get a hold of it, I think they would handle the game fairly respectively... I said R*-SD is because they specialize in Racing Games (Midnight Club, Smugglers Run, Midtown Madness). The studio would bring the core of the driver series back...

but thats just my two cents
Ss4gogeta0 wrote:Honestly. I dont think Rockstar particularly hates the Driver series... True Crime/Sleeping Dogs, Yes... Driver, Not so Much (they have poked fun at the series though). Especially since there are many separate independent studios under the Rock* name

Honestly if Rockstar San Diego were to somehow get a hold of it, I think they would handle the game fairly respectively... I said R*-SD is because they specialize in Racing Games (Midnight Club, Smugglers Run, Midtown Madness). The studio would bring the core of the driver series back...

but thats just my two cents
Possibly, but Driver was GTA's main rival at a time in the early 2000's. Also as for the games you mentioned, i actually remember the first time i got Smugglers Run, MC1, and Midtown Madness(for PC).. and that makes me feel old. But those games were developed well over 10 years ago, i'm not sure R* is quite the same company it was back then. I'd like to see a company actually put some effort into the driver series. Ubisoft is pretty bad, i wish they'd relinquish control. To me nothing will be as great as the original Driver for PSX. That game was awesome, and challenging. DSF is pretty cool, but i dont like the coma whole eye-in-the-sky type thing. We need a Driver, that has an on-foot portion, that's NOT a rip-off of GTA or ANY game really, that lies upon the same element of Driver 1. I'd like to see 70's and 80's based cars, in a 90's like environment, with a 70's style score and dialogue, and an interesting, unique story. This needs to be a different type game then what we see nowadays.

I think 2k Czech and maybe a lil R* could pull off this feat. Ubisoft? Hell no. They make crap games. I never liked UBI.. Reflections was good when they were 1999 reflections, not bought out crap box reflections.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]