Share videos you've created/found here!
I've been watching 70's movies from the U.S.A., recently, mainly about cars and chases and I came out with this. It's an inspired chase from the chase scene of the film "The Seven-Ups", a 1973 film starring Roy Scheider (1932 - 2008), that included one of the epic chases of all these decades. If you wonder how it's possible the fact that the A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) car has made a different route and why it features sounds, here's the explanation:
- I used the tutorial given from Bittboy to make a fully free chase.
- I used the audio from the original chase scene to make the video as realistic as possible.
The music used in this video is "Freedom of Expression", by " The J.B. Pickers", from the film "Vanishing Point" (1971). The engine featured for the player car is the same engine from the Beta demos of Driver for the PSX. Enjoy. :specialdriver:

[youtube]
[/youtube]

TRIVIA:
- This chase is not completely the same to the original one, due to the fact that the city of NY in the "Driver: You Are the Wheelman" game is not as big as the real one;
- A lot of cameras of the original chase don't appear, because the game can't actually make most of them.
the kid 78 wrote:Great chasing video dude, how about the french connection movie, It has a real good chase at the end !

:specialdriver:
Well, currently, I'm working on an inspired Chase from the Bullitt one. I have the Mustang Fastback mod from Midnight Madness 2, with the modified textures to obtain the Bullitt Mustang (Those aren't, of course made by me, but from you guys), and the perfect route to kinda recreate the feeling of that chase. Well, I gotta check about "The French Connection", because most of that chase is made with the LeMans chasing a train. That one could be better done with Driver 2, on Chicago, since there is the 3rd mission which has that kind of chase. I'll still have to check for that, tho. But thanks for the idea, anyway!
PrototypeDriver wrote:
the kid 78 wrote:Great chasing video dude, how about the french connection movie, It has a real good chase at the end !

Well, currently, I'm working on an inspired Chase from the Bullitt one. I have the Mustang Fastback mod from Midnight Madness 2, with the modified textures to obtain the Bullitt Mustang (Those aren't, of course made by me, but from you guys), and the perfect route to kinda recreate the feeling of that chase. Well, I gotta check about "The French Connection", because most of that chase is made with the LeMans chasing a train. That one could be better done with Driver 2, on Chicago, since there is the 3rd mission which has that kind of chase. I'll still have to check for that, tho. But thanks for the idea, anyway!

Great, hope that idea will work smoothly on Driver 2 Chicago area :) (Y)
PrototypeDriver wrote:

Wait, so you have the Mustang, but what about the Charger? You have to include a 1968 Dodge Charger for the Bullitt one.
The Razor wrote:
PrototypeDriver wrote:

Wait, so you have the Mustang, but what about the Charger? You have to include a 1968 Dodge Charger for the Bullitt one.
I know, that's the problem. Unfortunately there ain't no traffic car which even looks like the Charger. But these remakes I'm making aren't meant to be /very/ close to the originals, also because in this video, the locations where my remade chase took place, aren't the same as the original Seven-Ups chase!
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]