Modding discussion for Driver: San Francisco.
I've been working on this mod for 3 hours and trying to hex edit lua scripts back and forth until I got it finally working!

NOTE: This a thumbnail
Image thumbnail

Ladies and gentlemen this is probably the first lua script mod ever (atleast I think so)!

Here's the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8i5p3 ... nik777.rar

Enjoy!

MOD EDIT: Cleaned up post a bit. ~CL69
Last edited by Klancnik777 on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
By Steerclear
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Great stuff! :D 'Someone' on here, showed a picture with him driving it too, ages ago. However, he then deleted it, didn't tell anyone how he did it, denied it ever happened and that's the last that was heard of it. But, once again...nice one! (I know nothing about modding haha)
By Steerclear
Klancnik777 wrote:it was probably coyote. he had a pic where it shows him driving dodge monaco cop car
Yeah, I think you're right. I'm looking forward to what other mods you have for each chapter, I don't know how to do these things, but I find it interesting to see (Y)
By Olanov
I just did a small discovery in regards of the Monaco police car. Now we all know it was supposed to have a different livery at first, right? If some of you don't know, here's a reference picture. Looks more older and worn overall, like it's been in use which makes sense considering the game is supposed to be set in modern times.
Image thumbnail
As you can see, that's grey and white unlike the all white squad we got in the end too. Even the badge on the doors is faded away unlike on this baby which is practically shining.
Image thumbnail

Looks like it just got an overhaul before they shipped the final version, right? Well, looks like there was a third variation previously unknown for us too. My friend Custo spotted this last night, take a look at the link below. Look behind Tanner, on the left.

Pay close attention at 9:56, 10:20 and 10:23. Especially at 10:20 and focus on the lightbar, overall shape of the car and the grill. At first you might say it's the Crown Victoria, case closed but look again; the lightbar already gives it away. There's a CV right next to it and you can even compare the lightbars. The one on the left definitely has rotators instead of a LED, you can see it by how the lights act. Overall shape of the car is more boxy too, and the lights have chrome around 'em.

Here you can compare the boxy front. Monaco on the middle, CV on the right. Which one does the one on the left look? I think we all know the answer.
Image thumbnail

Another pic with the overall shape.
Image thumbnail

Now where have we seen that before? Oh, right:

So basically, the car was supposed to be black and white originally after Ubisoft cut the first grey and white variation. Looks like the final result was white though.
By Steerclear
Now that is a great find, an eagle eyed friend you have there. Also, I don't reaaally want to be a pain, but how the hell can I make it so I can drive the Monaco Cop Car? I have absolutely no idea what I need to do in order to get it (Downloading the file and doing whatever with it...). If anyone could help me, I'd greatly appreciate it.
First and formost, after putting the .fchunk in the "media" folder, uninstall Uplay. It's cancer that blocks modded files.
2nd, create a shortcut to your DSF .exe on your desktop, right click it, select properties
3rd, see the "Target" path? After the quotes, put one space and -offline command. Now you'll have Monaco copcars in traffic.
By Steerclear
PostalDude wrote:First and formost, after putting the .fchunk in the "media" folder, uninstall Uplay. It's cancer that blocks modded files.
2nd, create a shortcut to your DSF .exe on your desktop, right click it, select properties
3rd, see the "Target" path? After the quotes, put one space and -offline command. Now you'll have Monaco copcars in traffic.
Thanks Postaldude for your quick response, I'll give it a go! Thanks again!

Edit: Almost forgot to say, I will be trying this at a later date, as I only recently got a gaming PC and not completed the game yet xD
By heinzi
Registration Days
I downloaded the files, put them into the mentioned folder and followed the instructions posted by PostalDude, but that doesn't work for me - there's no Monaco cop car in the traffic, just the normal police cars. And almost always a white vehicle in the near of a police car.
I haven't finished the game yet, are they appearing in a later part of the game or could they be driven from the beginning?
By heinzi
Registration Days
PostalDude wrote:......Read the readme. Only Chapter 4 and endgame-free roam.
I read it, but no one said there something about Chapter 4 and free roam after the ending. Only something about "There you go Coyote and Ubisoft, I broke the game!"

But thanks for your fast answer.
By heinzi
Registration Days
Alright, reached chapter 4, drove the Dodge and immedialety screwed it up because of a f*****g truck. But thank god it works finally. Ubisoft did a bad job by not make it driveable.
By pentaura
Registration Days
I've tried this mod, only one problem so far. Since this car replaces Corvette police, it's even gone from garage, make it unplayable. Therefore backup file is needed.
However, it is still a blast to drive this car :specialdriver:

Keep up the good work, I hope more unplayable car can be added to the game (Y) (Y) (Y)
By MrNord
Registration Days
Will there be a possibility to add police and/or civilian vehicles to DSF?

Also outstanding work! By the way, which game version is needed to use this mod?
By VAIMAHDO
And right now we're mainly focusing on DRIV3R and Driver 2 stuff. It would be best to learn and master the older games first since they have had a longer life without being modified.
Why the need to be so rude?

Anyways, that stuff is a long ways away. DSF is a pretty sophisticated game when it comes to the files.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]