General discussion for the DRIVER series.
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
It is not expected when you post here to do as much work as i have done here but feel free if you have the time or patience.

Driver:
The Chaos Theory

Opening scene:

The camera pans across a silent istanbul.
The previous gun fire has ceased. Many are dead after the fight that ensued as Jericho made his daring escape.
The camera stops over tow bodies lying in an alleyway. The bodies belong to tanner and jericho.
A blacked out car arrives and picks up one of the bodies. which is not clear but probably obvious to whoever is watching.
Moments after the black car leaves an ambulance arrives and picks up the other body.

Cut to hospital:

The final scene of Driv3r in the hospital plays, where the pulse monitor flatlines and everything fades to black.
A subtle beeping will begin in the background.

23 months later.

In the wake of Jericho's disapearence an organisation known as The Legion was formed. A group that foccused mainly on drug runs and stolen munitions until recently when they were escalated to stealing cars and pulling off assassinations.

The Police have the director of The Legion is custody but so far interogation is proving no worth.

After surviving the shootout in Istanbul this is Tanner's first case since his injury. Tanner has been upgraded to a special undercover detective that does all his work off the books meaning he will do anything necesary to complete his task, and will have to stand trial for his actions were they to be discovered.

Missions:

Tanner has taken matters into his own hands and has mounted a rescue atempt for the director of The Legion in order to gain her trust. Tanner has secured an explosive device which he plans to use to set The Legion's director (The Secretary or Katie) free. After blowing out the side of the prison, Tanner will have to protect the secretary as he and her escape.

After the rescue you have been admitted into The Legion and your first port of call is a secret millitary base just outside of miami city called Fort O'Neil. Tanner must find the base and get in. After getting in he is to find a doctor by the name of Eugene Stallin. he is chief scientist working on a weaponised military grade nerve gas under the codename The Sentinel. Find the doctor and bring him back to The secretary alive.

This is just what i can be bothered doing for the moment. There are another 58 missions that i will eventuall post but feel free to comment on what i have written up so far.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Sounds good but the title is too familiar(have you been playing Splinter Cell Chaos Theory?) I especially like the whole "A blacked out car arrives and picks up one of the bodies. which is not clear but probably obvious to whoever is watching." It's a good way to solve the D3 ending.

But I don't know about the whole "special undercover detective" thing. I mean, if I was the chief of police or the top guy I'd probally fire Tanner after screwing up the whole car theft/Jericho thing. I'd make him a renagade who's out for revenge(kind of like Driver Vegas) but it's your story and the first mission does sound interesting along with the fact that there are 58 other missions to follow. (Since all main Driver games have had under 45 and DPL only had a few over 30)
By Daltarin-Elite
We had thrown around the idea at the begining that Tanner would be rogue but we didn't think it would fit. What does he want revenge for. Maybe he could be proving that he is worth something. He does also get kicked off the case part way through. actually at the end of the 7th mission. but he eventually gets back on it when he goes to some other place. don't remember where but i will post everything later.

Originally "The Chaos Theory" name was inspired by the actual chaos theory of imeasurable improbability with the sense that anything can happen despite the fact that the game runs off a linear structure.

Altogether we thought that 60 missions was a good number as it would allow for a good storyline without drawing it out too long which i fear may have happened anyway. but we wanted to have a great story in what will probably be Tanners last outing.

We originally started this game becuase we thought TK was a bit of a dickhead and we didn't think that being shot in the back was a respectable way for someone as legendary as Tanner to die. That why the final movie is an absolutely spectacular car crash where a couple dozen people die including Tanner.
We thought it a fitting sendoff for the man known as The Wheelman.
By Sedans
Hmm.. I have an idea: how about Tanner goes and Gets his badge back, so he works on da squad again.
By Daltarin-Elite
Well haven't i already said that he joins the police force again. and he doing so wouldn't he get the badge back. or do you mean steal it back and go completely rouge?
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
You changed the opening??? I dont remember a blacked out car.
By Sedans
Daltarin-Elite wrote:Well haven't i already said that he joins the police force again. and he doing so wouldn't he get the badge back. or do you mean steal it back and go completely rouge?
A. i dont know what rouge means...

B. I mean he comes out from bein undercover, and is now a marked cop.
By Daltarin-Elite

I was never specifacally mentioned as a blacked out car but i always said that a car would take off one of them. and by blacked out i meant that you couldn't see who was driving it.
By Sedans
Daltarin-Elite wrote:

By Daltarin-Elite
So he drives a standard car not a mufti?
By Sedans
Daltarin-Elite wrote:So he drives a standard car not a mufti?
:|
By Lseven7
Sedans wrote:
he is trying to ask if you are saying "He drives a police car that is marked as a police car rather than one that is disguised so you cant tell its a police car"
By Sedans
Lseven7 wrote:
Sedans wrote:
he is trying to ask if you are saying "He drives a police car that is marked as a police car rather than one that is disguised so you cant tell its a police car"
Yes, basically
By Daltarin-Elite
Well no. He drives undercover so no one knows about him being a cop.
By Lseven7
right at the top sedans said
Hmm.. I have an idea: how about Tanner goes and Gets his badge back, so he works on da squad again.
this is what he is talking about.
By Miller
I don’t haven any comments, except that I like reading stuff the thread starter posts. This is where one comes to read all the rest of this strory line later?
By Daltarin-Elite

Well i think i've ansewred that now with a resounding NO!
By Lseven7
Daltarin-Elite wrote:

Well i think i've ansewred that now with a resounding NO!
Isn't that what happens later on in your/our story anyway?
By Daltarin-Elite
Isn't that what happens later on in your/our story anyway?

well yeah actually. forgot about that but not just yet. hold on you.
By TannerDRiVER
Registration Days Posts
I hope for it in next Driver:
1) Tanner and Kid as two main heroes.
2) 3 or 4 cities.
3) Many weather effects: cloudy, a rain, a fog, a strong wind, pools after a rain, etc.
4) Music: 70s plus modern melodies.
By madness
I think it'd be good to see both Tanner and TK in the game. Sure they have their differences but they'd do great!

Imagine TK as Tanners partner instead of Jones.
That'd be kind of funny, it also depends which era of TK too but I was think the 06 era.

I think that maybe the game should go through eras again, maybe a bit like Mafia when you can go through the years and then at the end of the game you can go straight back to the start.

I also liked having more than 1 city, imagine if they could all be the size of DPL and their were to be four of them.
By Daltarin-Elite
Hi. Back on after about a month cause we didn't pay for our internet.

We Have Miami, Moscow, Detroit & Melbourne in the list but i still haven't gotten to writing anything up. i could upload photocopies of the original ideas but that would take too long.
By Sedans
Hey whats up...

Add LA to the list man
By Daltarin-Elite
Well we could add that if we deleted one of the cities. but there is a reason behind the cities... sort of.

Miami... Tanners Home City

Detroit... Motor City of the world. Lots of cool cars to steal.

Moscow... Always though Russia would be cool in a driver game.

Melbourne... I don't really remember but it had something to do with a Carera GT.
By madness
Daltarin-Elite wrote:Moscow... Always though Russia would be cool in a driver game.
and if driv3r were to continue with drIVer, most likly Russia would have been the next city because thats where they had shipped all the cars.
By Lseven7
werent they actually planning to have russia in the game, but they had to axe it as it was too much work?
By madness
I actually never herd about their real plans. But after reading all the reviews of the critic I'm sure they just wanted to start of fresh with Driver: Parallel Lines.

A new character, a new style and just about everything was changed. Except half the series focus, the cars and part free-form.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]