A place to talk about just how awesome PC / Mac games are and brag about your specs!
By Miller
Official website of Need for Speed World
http://world.needforspeed.com/

From the wikipedia.org article
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Need_for_Speed:_World

Need for Speed: World (previously known as Need for Speed: World Online) is an active installment in the long-running racing video game Need for Speed franchise published by Electronic Arts. This iteration has been co-developed by EA Black Box and EA Singapore. It is the first MMORG in the Need for Speed series (though Motor City Online was originally conceived as a Need For Speed game), and is available exclusively for Windows-based PCs. World was released worldwide on July 27, 2010.

Here is a hyperlink from that same article which connects with the premium upgrade features website. http://world.needforspeed.com/starterpack/

Client Minimum Specification
Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3 / Windows Vista Service Pack 2 / Windows 7
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
CPU (WinXP): Intel P4(HT)@2.4 GHz
CPU (Vista/Win 7): Intel Core2Duo @ 1.8GHz
RAM (WinXP): 1 GB
RAM (Vista/Win 7): 2 GB
Video Card (WinXP): GeForce 6800 or better, Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA950 or better
Video Card (Vista/Win 7): GeForce 7600 or better, Radeon HD 2XXX or better, Intel GMA950 or better
Sound Card: DirectX 8.1 compatible
Hard Drive: 2 GB of space is required to install the game
Internet: 128kbit/s Cable/DSL connection
Video Resolution 1024x768 32 bit

Client Recommended Specification
Operating System: Windows XP Service Pack 3 / Windows Vista Service Pack 2 / Windows 7
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c
CPU: Intel Core2Duo 2.0 GHz
RAM: 2 GB
Video Card (WinXP): GeForce 8600 or better, Radeon X1800 or better
Video Card (Vista/Win 7): GeForce 8600 or better, Radeon HD 2600 or better
Sound Card: DirectX 8.1 compatible
Hard Drive: 2 GB of space is required to install the game
Internet: 128kbit/s Cable/DSL connection
Video Resolution 1280x960 32 bit

Oh, my! Now this is just plain freakish. LOL

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
By max.thunder
This game looks cool because of an open world of multiplayer. In my opinion it doesn't need very high specs because the game seems to mix the cities of NFS Most Wanted and NFS Carbon, the engine looks like those games too.

I don't think that it is very realistic game, but i can be a very good game to have fun with your friends, making some pursuits.

I heard that the game is for free, like Battlefield 1943, don't know if it's true.
By Miller
max.thunder wrote: This game looks cool because of an open world of multiplayer.
Yeah, man. Hey, max.thunder, I do not play it, but I like watching videos of that Burnout Paradise game, too, which is a very nice-looking MMO driving game.
max.thunder wrote: In my opinion it doesn't need very high specs because the game seems to mix the cities of NFS Most Wanted and NFS Carbon, the engine looks like those games too.
Indeed, the gameworld is a seamless splice of the maps from those two games. The engine was actually licensed. It is the Unity 3D engine, which is also being used by the independent developers of Motor World Online, another MMO racing game that features classic American muscle cars.
max.thunder wrote: I don't think that it is very realistic game, but i can be a very good game to have fun with your friends, making some pursuits.
That is what one tends to read from those whose tastes lean more in the direction of realistic driving simulation—not real, but still fun. While less ambitious with its gaming environment than games such as NFS World, Motor World Online will be a more realistic auto racing simulation. You guys might like that one a lot because it is definitely all about classic muscle cars. (Of course, Sedans may not care too much for MWO because, like NFS World, MWO will only be for personal computers, not console platforms.)
max.thunder wrote:I heard that the game is for free, like Battlefield 1943, don't know if it's true.
What they want the player to pay for is not the game, but upgrades, without which the player may still play for free, but will have a limited ability to compete. The following is another excerpt from the previously quoted article about NFS World: After reaching level 10 and access to only tier 1 and certain tier 2 cars, the player won't be able to progress further in the game and will cease to earn any more points. To continue the game, the player has to purchase the NFS World Starter Pack. Without that, the player is allowed to play the game for as long as he or she wants, but the game won't progress.
I played it and honestly prefer NFS:Carbon
RacingFreak wrote:Waiting for Shift 2 :specialdriver:
SCREW SHIFT!! Take the f outta there. Forza Motorsport is where its at.
cleone wrote:
Forza doesnt include older muscle cars (only chevy and Dodge), gett GT4 or 5 man :P
And the idea of paying for digital car parts is 3 times rubbish, Drift city does the same unless you can crack up 40.000 credit's in a week to keep it, a shame though Drift City is awesome besides that.
Nikusakken wrote:
cleone wrote:
No wonder Forza is available for PC.
And? Driving games for PC blow. It's about the gameplay and in my opinion Shift was a major disappointment. Forza in my opinion is the best simulation racing game. EA did do a good job with ProStreet though (which wasn't simulation but more arcade, which I liked the variety), but they should go back to classic Most Wanted cause that is what they did perfectly.
I have to be honest here, the carlist in F3 appeals more to me then the one in gt4 but racings sims aren't my type of games. Kinda awkward for someone who plays gt4 but oh well.
Forza 3 is a great game. You can customize it to be more arcade or straight up the most simulated game available. The cars are great! It is a fun game. You should definitely get it. My friend and I love this game. As an ex-Gran Turismo fan, I think this game blows Gran Turismo out of the water and everyone should get refunds for buying any Gran Turismo game.
Nikusakken wrote:Image

A real simulator.
Did you forget that there are idiots out there who know how to mod and hack? just cause its xbox dont mean it can be hacked or modded, however those people usually get banned if they go online with that stuff. that had to be a mod or hack cause that straight up cannot happen in the game. after seeing the picture i went and attempted it and it didnt work. all that happened was my reventon got really messed up. that reminds me i gotta change that ugly blue color on my reventon
cleone wrote:

A real simulator.
Did you forget that there are idiots out there who know how to mod and hack? just cause its xbox dont mean it can be hacked or modded, however those people usually get banned if they go online with that stuff. that had to be a mod or hack cause that straight up cannot happen in the game. after seeing the picture i went and attempted it and it didnt work. all that happened was my reventon got really messed up. that reminds me i gotta change that ugly blue color on my reventon
That's a bug in the single player that was patched out by Microsoft long time ago. But that's not my point.
Nikusakken wrote:
cleone wrote:

A real simulator.
That's a bug in the single player that was patched out by Microsoft long time ago. But that's not my point.
Like any video game is ever glitchless.
Olanov wrote:I'll just stay on Gran Turismo 5. Altho the licenses are kinda pain, but the game just looks and works so well.
The licence tests are ridiculous in GT4 D:
By cleone
0takumetalheadgamer wrote:
Olanov wrote:I'll just stay on Gran Turismo 5. Altho the licenses are kinda pain, but the game just looks and works so well.
The licence tests are ridiculous in GT4 D:
Forza has no licenses! :D All you have to do is race and level up to unlock different events. You can choose how hard you want the game to be too. I found Gran Turismo too hard at some parts, especially the driving missions.
Olanov wrote:Licenses weren't that hard after all. My personal opinion though.
And im stuck at them in GT4, i want at least silver, but some are just to ridiculous.
Nikusakken wrote:If anyone is still playing it, add me: Khoserken.
I haven't played it since I got Most Wanted. Now I have Most Wanted and Carbon and thus don't play World anymore since I already own both cities. I may go back to playing it every once in a while though. I did like that Team Escape game mode!
cleone wrote:
Nikusakken wrote:If anyone is still playing it, add me: Khoserken.
I haven't played it since I got Most Wanted. Now I have Most Wanted and Carbon and thus don't play World anymore since I already own both cities. I may go back to playing it every once in a while though. I did like that Team Escape game mode!
TE is the only thing that I really play at the moment. It's hard to find a decent racer who won't send your car to a wall or use traffic magnet. And even with this, I will buy 10000 Speedboost soon. Hopefully I'll buy that Aston Martin V12 before it's retired.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]