Talk about TV shows, movies, or anything else you can project onto a screen here!
By max.thunder
WOW :o
There's a urban legend that says that everyone of us had a twin in a some part of the world, don't know if it's true but i like that.
By Wheelman75
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I'm mostly into older TV shows like The A-Team, Knight Rider, Hogan's Heroes, The Rockford Files, etc... I only watch a few new shows. For some reason, most new shows have little appeal to me. I guess the old shows had that special "something" that most new shows can't deliver on.
By PostalDude
Like having no CGI bullsh**, actually being interesting and having substance. along with not being IQ lowering sh*t like 99.9 percent of modern TV?
By Wheelman75
Yeah, I suppose that's it. The CGI doesn't matter as much to me as the interesting, substance, & non-IQ lowering parts, though.
By Harlequin
PostalDude wrote:Like having no CGI bullsh**, actually being interesting and having substance. along with not being IQ lowering sh*t like 99.9 percent of modern TV?
There are some shows that incorporate CGI really well... But not being IQ lowering does tend to add points for a show.
By emmetmcl
If you want a show doesn't lower your IQ, try QI, lol. Its a comedy panel show that teaches you random facts. And Stephen Fry is hilarious.

Max.Thunder, I think you mean a doppleganger, the theory that everyone in the world has a person who looks exactly like them.

I love watching Big Brother, I always said ''I could never go on that'', but now, I'd love to go on it. It would be amazing. Sadly, I can't see that happening, as its ending for good now, :( Hope another channel buys the rights to it.
And about the John James guy I didn't actually expect any of you to know him. LOL

Another show I've been watching a LOT of recently has been Footballer's Wives. I have like 5 series recorded on my Sky+HD box, LOL. I know it's a woman's show, but its really good. Its got football and sex, whats not to like? :D
By Nikusakken
emmetmcl wrote:Max.Thunder, I think you mean a doppleganger, the theory that everyone in the world has a person who looks exactly like them.
Aren't doppelgängers a ghostly double of a person? Like if someone see their own doppelgänger means that they may die really soon?
By max.thunder
I agree with TK, i mean more a lookalike, Doppelgänger is a lookalike but not at all, because it is a ghostly double of a living person that typically represents evil, i mean more a living person that really looks like you (like a clone)
By Miller
I have no problem with computer graphics. I recently noticed that Amazon.com has the improved version of the two-part Stargate episode the boss once mentioned. I am probably going to rent the download one of these weekends just to see the added effects, even though I already watched the original version of that episode at that hulu.com joint. I like looking at that sort of thing, especially without commercial interruptions.
Wheelman75 wrote:I'm mostly into older TV shows like The A-Team, Knight Rider, Hogan's Heroes, The Rockford Files, etc... I only watch a few new shows. For some reason, most new shows have little appeal to me. I guess the old shows had that special "something" that most new shows can't deliver on.
I liked the Rockford Files. For the longest time I thought that I was driving around in his car in DRIVER 2 when I got into one of those brown cars. Then my bubble burst when I found out otherwise from DriverMadness.net members. I guess that sometimes ignorance is truly bliss.

Yeah, many of the TV shows I watched growing up were already reruns even back then. I find myself going back in time when I search for TV to watch online. I thought The Alfred Hitchcock Hour and Alfred Hitchcock Presents were really good at removing the veneer from human beings, even when the episodes were deliberately made to seem silly.

I also felt that way when I watched the episodes of the original Twilight Zone show from like fifty years ago or whenever it was. Even though the stories were unrealistic, it seemed like I was peering -- maybe even "peeping" -- into the characters' exposed souls. I did not feel that way when I watched the later versions of The Twilight Zone, even though some episodes were remakes of the original episodes. I think part of it was the music. I like it better when the music helps thread the feelings being conveyed into my being in an undeniable way. I guess some people are more satisfied with a forty-minute music video.

I do not know what constitutes a mind-numbing show or whatever probably, but I find myself mumbling something about how stupid this or that looks when I see a bit of what comes on during prime time these days. I cannot quite understand what people these days are thinking, but do not know that the TV shows I like are necessarily better than what others are interested in; they are just what I like to view. When I was adding the hyperlinks originally requested by the topic starter to my previous post in this topic, I also added a clip that sort of summarizes similar sentiments to what you guys are saying about modern television programming, only the dude was saying it thirty-five years ago.

By the way, it would be interesting to know if any of the free TV-show content I posted hyperlinks to is available for viewing in other countries, just in case someone feels like offering feedback. The post is on page two of this topic. I am most interested in knowing if the public television documentary programs listed last are something people are allowed to view elsewhere on the globe. I get a lot of messages that tell me educational content created in other countries is not available in my region.

I enjoyed reading about the DMC's television viewing interests. Thank you for posting about it. I hope you all are having a nice weekend.
By princehappy
Registration Days
My favorite TV is Doctor Who and Lost. But I do not really watch them on TV, I watch online the most. As to why I love them, I'm not sure. I guess I like them because they are fun and they are fun to watch. In addition, Lost has a little mystery that I like
By Miller
A few months ago Harlequin was discussing the way television shows are borrowed, copied—or stolen, as some put it—from one country, so to speak, by another.
Harlequin wrote:Americans ruined every show they took from here. Do you remember Kath and Kim, from a few years ago? It was ours. Apparently, Australian jokes don't translate... Especially not muffin top jokes on a reasonably thin woman. It was quite irksome.
But the Brits get more Australian shows... Neighbours and Home and Away, I think... My great-nana watches Neighbours
Last year at MentalFloss.com. in her blog, Confessions of a TV-Holic Kara Kovalchik posted an entry entitled "4 Great American TV Shows Stolen from the British” which is about some televisions show that are considered to be among America’s all-time favorite television viewing. The blog entry features example videos for comparison, and is responded to by several readers, who offer their opinons.

In 2005, David Dale wrote an article at smh.com.au entitled, “Why don’t we watch Australian TV shows?” in which he proposed an explanation to his own query.

A. Johnston of Maroubra, New South Wales begins the replies by commenting: This doesn't shock me at all. Australian TV shows are, by and large, crap. We clearly don't spend the same amount of money on production or, it seems, writing, that they do in the US. Instead of coming up with innovative shows, we rehash overseas formats (such as Queer Eye or Millionaire), often losing something in the translation.

Another person mentioning, as Harlequin did, the tendancy for programs to lose something along the way from one land to the viewers of another land, even though they all speak the same language.

By the way, Ms Kovalchik also posted a blog entry about another one of my personal favorite television programs, Gilligan’s Island. Look here to read Ms Kovalchik’s blog entry about the show, called “Sit Right Back: Tales of Gilligan’s Island”.

Articles mentioned in this post were:

"4 Great American TV Shows Stolen From the British"
http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/23334

"Why don't we watch Australian TV shows"
http://www.smh.com.au/news/The-Tribal-M ... 42642.html

"Sit Right Back: Tales of Gilligan's Island"
http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/64371
By Sedans
emmetmcl wrote:
Another show I've been watching a LOT of recently has been Footballer's Wives. I have like 5 series recorded on my Sky+HD box, LOL. I know it's a woman's show, but its really good. Its got football and sex, whats not to like? :D

Are you talking about The Game?
By Harlequin
Sedans wrote:
emmetmcl wrote:

I don't know what The Game is, but my nana loves Footballer's Wives. She recorded all the episodes when she when to France last month, and spent the first weekend back watching it... And Eastenders. I watch it with her when I go around... Until Grandad changes the channel and we're "forced" to watch the cricket :lol:

Has anyone ever seen (or played, I guess) Megaman? I love that show/game! Lol! I might be going to a costume party as Roll, if my Sailor Mercury costume doesn't arrive in time :p
By emmetmcl
Harlequin wrote:
Sedans wrote:
emmetmcl wrote:

I don't know what The Game is, but my nana loves Footballer's Wives. She recorded all the episodes when she when to France last month, and spent the first weekend back watching it... And Eastenders. I watch it with her when I go around... Until Grandad changes the channel and we're "forced" to watch the cricket :lol:

Has anyone ever seen (or played, I guess) Megaman? I love that show/game! Lol! I might be going to a costume party as Roll, if my Sailor Mercury costume doesn't arrive in time :p
Not sure what The Game is. I mean this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footballers'_Wives

Eastenders, used to really like it, not too bothered by it now.

Your granny watched FW? Doesn't seem much like a show for older people LOL, what with all the sex. Oh well.
By Harlequin
My nana watches a lot of strange things. So does my grandad. They're pretty cool, really. It's brilliant being able to go around and know that I don't have to watch neighbours or crazy old people's shows. Instead, I get FW and Buffy... Ok, maybe Buffy sucks, but maybe I can get her addicted to Supernatural instead :D
By Sedans
i dont watch tv.

except for BET, cuz i like the Game and 106 & PARK.
By emmetmcl
Sedans wrote:i dont watch tv.

except for BET, cuz i like the Game and 106 & PARK.
BET, thats that black channel isn't it?
By Sedans
Its not like its made EXCLUSIVELY for black people. but yeah, bet means Black entertainment Televison.

I love BET, 106 & park is like my favoritte program ever.

The game is my second favorite, and both come on BET - and yes. these shows do have white people in them. (106 & park isnt a scripted show anyways, so people of all kinds of race appear on 106 &park.)
By 0takumetalhead
I dont watch tv, except for Top Gear and some shows on Comedy Central
By 0takumetalhead
Yep that one with Jezza, Hamster and Captain Slow
By Fab2cent
Star Trek
Big Bang theory
Doctor who
Spongebob :D