Post your wishes and/or speculations for any future/upcoming DRIVER games.
Forum rules: This forum is for posting fan-created wishes and rumors/speculation for a possible next-gen DRIVER game. All information is to be considered speculation and should not be taken as fact.
By Biscaynes
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
I can say for sure that the main character will be a cop more likely, than just a getaway driver. Maybe Tanner returns, who knows. I think Ubisoft are more likely to make up a cop story. So far their recent game was "Emergency Heroes" for Wii and I think it's kinda a proof. :roll: OK, maybe not really. Anyhow I vote for the police officer. 8)
I'd like future Driver resembling these games in some way: World's Scariest Police Chases, True Crime NYC, gta 4, and the game where developers in my opinion came up with an ORIGINAL idea of being a police officer with the ability to free roam - a game by MATCHBOX from 1990 for Dendy called "Motor City Patrol" Also seems like the first game with the ability to shoot while driving. MATCHBOX aka toy car company :lol: In Driver 4 there should be more focus on driving. Less shooting but you still can shoot while driving. You can join police pursuits if you're in a police cruiser.

Cities: Chicago, Tokyo, San Francisco.

I'll start with physics and handling, because it's fairly important:
-New engine, hubcaps fly off, tons of car parts fly off when you crash and jump (like in Driver ½ and Crashday).
-A feel of driving a heavy vehicle, unlike Driv3r. Collisions - like in driver2/3, suspension - kinda like in Twisted metal 3 for psone, that means hard and that bouncy.
-Realistic real time damage modeling, cars should be tough.

Sounds:
-crashes sound like in Crashday/ Driver 2,
-when a car lends on the ground after a big jump, you can hear a crash sound from it's bottom like in Driver 2
-detailed background sounds of a busy city.
Graphics:
-Less colorful, everything is in gray colors, old school spectacular horizon/scenery (just like in driver 2, but more detailed - should be a photo of better quality, I know, that's kinda obvious because the game comes out for ps3, xbox and hopefully pc) In SFC this time should also appear a view of buildings apart from the mountains. Everything is close to reality, especially scenery, asphalt, buildings & sky.
View:
-Classic, cockpit and hood views.
-No video effects when you crash, even optional.

-Year: 1999 if Tanner doesn't return.
-There should be more than one type of police cars in each city.
-car lights switch on/off
-chose between manual and automatic transmission
-Multiplayer, driving games and director's mode return.
-You can hear music coming from other vehicles
Cars:
Driver game was never that disappointing with the choice of traffic, nevertheless let there be more 90s American cruisers such as Chevy Caprice along with 50s classics. Japanese drifty classics now should appear as well. As allways loads of 70s american cars.

Music:

-60s - early 70s psychedelic/hard rock (Cream, Steppenwolf, Blues Magoons, 13 floor elevators, Deep Purlpe, etc.
-staff like that, including
rare garage bands!)
-70s funk
-disco-funk
-jazz
-Blues

Modern:
-Nu-metal
-Industrial
-electronic
-house music

70s hits:
Supertramp - The Logical song, Breakfast in America
BOC - Don't fear the reaper
Earth Wind and Fire - Getaway
Sweet - Love is like oxygen
Manfred Manns Earth Band - The Road To Babylon
James Brown - The Boss
Steely Dan - Riccy Dont Lose That Number
Pink Floyd - Breathe in the Air
Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle with you
The Police - Can't stand losing you
Yes - No Opportunity Necessary, No Experience Needed

80s hits:
Alphaville - sounds like a melody
Duran Duran - Save A Prayer
Genesis - Thats All
Peter Schilling - Major Tom
The Police - Message In A Bottle
Tears For Fears - Mad world
Tears For Fears - Everybody wants to rule the world
Undertones – It’s Going To Happen
Yes - Into the Lens
David Bowie - Ashes to ashes
David Bowie - This is not America
90s hits:
Matthew Good Band - Indestructible
Duran Duran - Ordinary world
Snap! - The power

Modern hits and stuff:
Global Deejays - The Sound Of San Francisco & original '67 song by Scott McKenzie
Kula Shaker - Out On The Highway
Alexandre Azaria - Transporter 2 Soundtrack - Main Theme
Cafe Del Mar - Easy Rider

Classic rock:
Eye Of The Tiger - Survivor
Eyes Without A Face - Billy Idol
and stuff like that.
Last edited by Biscaynes on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:09 am, edited 23 times in total.
By max.thunder
The home town of Tanner is Miami,he moved to Chicago to work in the Police Department in Driver 2
Driven2Vegas21251 wrote:Also, when exactly were that "Greatest 70s" races held in Japan?
Do you mean the Tōge races?
Last edited by max.thunder on Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
By max.thunder
It would be good to make a free roaming with pursuits and arrests(like True Crime NYC)
I'm not very agree with Tokyo( I know that since Driver 2 the series always included a exotic city in the game but i would like to continue the storyline of Driv3r)
My opinion:Chicago,San Francisco,Moscow
Twisted Metal was a cool game,the suspension of that game is very good for jumps
The next Driver probably will use a next gen graphic engine to adapt it to XBOX,PS3 and PC
max.thunder wrote:I think that the game will be set in Chicago and San Francisco,after that the game should continue in Moscow because the russians bought the stolen cars. In Chinago there is a district called Ukrainian Village and in San Francisco a district called Russian Hill. The russians bought the stolen cars so i think that these districs could be included to continue the story.
I think that Jericho escapes from the hospital and Tanner returns to USA to find information about him searching in Chicago(in Chicago was set the Solomon Caine's gang=now Jericho's gang) and find info about the buyers of the cars(Ukrainian Village and Russian Hill district).

MY IDEAS

Main Character:Tanner
I think that it takes in 2004(after the events of Driv3r)
I think that will be a cooperative mode with Tobias Jones
A Movie Director mode
An online mode
Changing weather
Airbag effects(if the car have them)
I think that will be a cockpit view in the car(interior camera) and it will be a speedometer
Cars will have a fuel system(you will have to go to a petrol station to refuel the cars)
More engine parts in the cars so you will be able to modify more the car(like in a game called Red Line Legal Street Racing)
[youtube size=320X240]Ly3VNGRhBuw&feature=related[/youtube]
The music that you have chosen is good style for the game
It also would be good to include chase songs of Trevor Rabin or Paul Linford
[youtube size=240X120]yxBJdr8MmuI#movie_player[/youtube]
By Biscaynes
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
max.thunder wrote:It would be good to make a free roaming with pursuits and arrests(like True Crime NYC)
I'm not very agree with Tokyo( I know that since Driver 2 the series always included a exotic city in the game but i would like to continue the storyline of Driv3r)
My opinion:Chicago,San Francisco,Moscow
Twisted Metal was a cool game,the suspension of that game is very good for jumps
The next Driver probably will use a next gen graphic engine to adapt it to XBOX,PS3 and PC
max.thunder wrote:I think that the game will be set in Chicago and San Francisco,after that the game should continue in Moscow because the russians bought the stolen cars. In Chinago there is a district called Ukrainian Village and in San Francisco a district called Russian Hill. The russians bought the stolen cars so i think that these districs could be included to continue the story.
I think that Jericho escapes from the hospital and Tanner returns to USA to find information about him searching in Chicago(in Chicago was set the Solomon Caine's gang=now Jericho's gang) and find info about the buyers of the cars(Ukrainian Village and Russian Hill district).

MY IDEAS

Main Character:Tanner
I think that it takes in 2004(after the events of Driv3r)
I think that will be a cooperative mode with Tobias Jones
A Movie Director mode
An online mode
Changing weather
Airbag effects(if the car have them)
I think that will be a cockpit view in the car(interior camera) and it will be a speedometer
Cars will have a fuel system(you will have to go to a petrol station to refuel the cars)
More engine parts in the cars so you will be able to modify more the car(like in a game called Red Line Legal Street Racing)
lol Moscow - that's where I live. I see Moscow life every day...

Another funky techno song that would fit Driver game:
Last edited by Biscaynes on Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:07 am, edited 13 times in total.
By max.thunder
Driven2Vegas21251 wrote:xD Anyway, I'd like to own the streets of my own city... :lol:
It would be good to include some russian songs
I don't like a lot russian music but i would be good to include some songs(like in GTA IV)
By max.thunder
Not bad song
I would like to see these songs on the next Driver
By pete
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I like the Driver SF and Driv3r soundtracks, but I agree that they should get Allister Brimble back and produce Driver 1-Style acid jazz again! But then the game should also take place in the 80's or something, like the A-Team.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]