News related to "Driver: Vegas" can be created and located in here.
By madness
Just an urgent notice to all those mobile phone gamers who want to purchase Driver 3 and/or Driver: Vegas on their mobile. They’ll have to act quickly in purchasing the product as it’s becoming a discontinued line due to the mobile franchise moving over to Gamesloft so the new owners of the mobile franchise can remove the old products which where created by Glu so they can make a fresh new start.

Most mobile game suppliers have removed both Driver 3 and Driver: Vegas from their sales list. Only some have these games remaining on their servers so once again you’ll have to act fast.
By Sedans
In the US they are already gone. TOo bad..
By Coyote
What a shame :( I absolutely wanted to have it…
By madness
But still take a look around, there is a small chance it might be lying around somewhere.

It would be good if ubisoft just gave the game to everyone for free!
By Coyote
Yeh I'm already watching but I cant find them… Can you e-mail me the game ? And maybe I could put it from my computer on my mobile. I just need a special cable to connact them.
By lh1
Registration Days Posts
hey guys,i have driver : Vegas and drin3r on my PC now.
(Reason: Cause I've downloaded these game before they discontinue)

If you want me to upload them,PM me
By Coyote
Okay cool ! Yeh, please upload them to the downloads section so madness will remove them and puload them again :mrgreen:
By lh1
Registration Days Posts
ok, but wat is your mobile phone?
By madness
lh1 wrote:hey guys,i have driver : Vegas and drin3r on my PC now.
(Reason: Cause I've downloaded these game before they discontinue)

If you want me to upload them,PM me
I've actually had access to these for a long time. Due to the fact I have hacking software on my pc and mobile to get those .jar and .sis files.

The main reason I haven't uploaded them is due to legal issues. Sure Atari and Glu Mobile no longer have selling rights to the game however it is still illegal since the game still holds a copywrite, call me no expert but I always suggest legal advice! I wonder where we'd get that from :wink:

You can do what ever you want between you two however I strongly suggest we ask someone in charge of the game before we can publicly make it available on Driver Madness.

and I'll also add that there are hundreds of different versions of the game, and not all of them are compatible with each mobile so it's unlikely that you'll find a match, however ones not designed for your mobile will just turn out a little more glitchy or deformed at least you still get the original game.

Unfortunately this is all I can say about this issue until we can find some official that'll give us permission to host these files.
By lh1
Registration Days Posts
never mine, madness, i'll host this on rapidshare.
Code: Select all
link temporary removed - until permission granted
*240 X 320 version
By madness
I shouldn't allow this considering I just sent this to ubisoft.
Hello,

First I'll start off by saying if there is any new news on the driver series? as far as the fans have gathered from publicly looking around on the internet that the development process has just started with ubisoft reflections hiring some new members for their development team and that they next game is going to include Online! awesome...

Secondly I've come to ask about copywrite issues with the older driver games released under the atari name. This includes the titles Driver, Driver 2, Driver 3 and Driver: Vegas. I have been asked weather a copywrite still exists on these games?

Two reasons, There has been some discussion on the driver madness forums with users asking for access to the older games expecally the discontinued mobile series including Driver: Vegas. Basically I am here to ask if we the Driver Madness community is allowed to host any of the previous driver games hosted, which were previously owned by atari.

Particularity by interest, it would be a good marketing strategy to publicly release the original driver for free on all websites. However it would be good to have a Driver Madness exclusive! But that's besides the point. Atari no longer owns the series and it's up to you ubisoft to make the discussions right?

So is it possible to host any of the older driver titles on our site legally?

Regards,
Driver Madness
http://www.drivermadness.net
With a link to this thread!
Unfortunately I'll have to remove that link for now!
By lh1
Registration Days Posts
sorry, madness.I shouldn't break the drivermadness.net rules. :( :( :(
By nitrored
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
thats why you diddnt reply to me!
By madness
lh1 wrote:sorry, madness.I shouldn't break the drivermadness.net rules. :( :( :(
Don't worry too much you where just trying to do a deed for a fellow member.
and it's always a good idea just to keep illegal things away from the forums.
and I'm yet to receive a reply from ubisoft probably because it's the weekend at the moment.
By Daltarin-Elite
Well it's pretty much been a week now... Any News?
By madness
Unfortunately Ubisoft Media Relations doesn't like me.
I haven't gotten a reply yet! That's the second email I sent that they haven't replied to. Maybe my requests are too complicated and they decided not to worry.
By Sedans
madness wrote:Unfortunately Ubisoft Media Relations doesn't like me.
I haven't gotten a reply yet! That's the second email I sent that they haven't replied to. Maybe my requests are too complicated and they decided not to worry.
Shoulda let me sent it. :( j/k lol
By Daltarin-Elite
Unfortunately Ubisoft Media Relations doesn't like me.
Well, you could always think that they just plain ol' dont reply to anyones messages. But dealing with owners of fan sites is probably something companies ignore on principle.
By bb_42001
i agree with DE i mean why would they tell us anything i mean we are not GameSpot or anything so why bother

bb42001

Noodles

By madness
bb_42001 wrote:i agree with DE i mean why would they tell us anything i mean we are not GameSpot or anything so why bother
Driver is much more popular here than on Gamespot.
Gamespot might only have 20 topics in total on the driver series and we have 1,000. We also have much more information here :)
By bb_42001
i mean they are more likly to give an interview to them then us as they are alot more well known!

bb42001

Noodles

By Nikusakken
Maybe if we could have some contact from someone from Reflections. Some time ago, Coyote send an email to Simon O'Connor (yeah, he works on Reflections). I may put the email here if he allows me.
By Nikusakken
He's the Senior Renderer Programmer of Ubi Reflections.
By Nikusakken
Of course. You can find his name on the DPL credits (Not sure about D3...)
By Nikusakken
Of course. Every game that I beat, I watch the credits. Same goes to movies.
By bb_42001
isn't watching the credits boring tho... because D3 credits are like 10min long

bb42001

Noodles

By madness
bb_42001 wrote:isn't watching the credits boring tho... because D3 credits are like 10min long
what about that groovy music that keeps you watching it!
"Zero PM" by The BellRays, although I much preferred the music on Driver: Parallel Lines credits.
Nick Brasil wrote:Of course. You can find his name on the DPL credits (Not sure about D3...)
He has been working for reflections ever since 2004. He wasn't in Driver 3 (PS2/XBOX) credits but he was in the PC credits.

He designed a newly designed and half implemented PC renderer for the PC port of Driv3r, converted console art assets to pc and fixed pc compatibility issues.

https://youtu.be/7UtWj3THgfg See for yourself! […]

Hi. I saw in Helegad's thread about beta stuff in […]

https://youtu.be/_2yMdyltjIw Lucas in Nice takes […]

Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4