Discuss the DriverWiki in here.
By madness
At this point of time I’m beginning to organise editors of the DriverWiki, I’ve developed a list of jobs to complete, so editors can talk about the jobs they wish to complete. Since some of the jobs are pretty large, I’ll allow editors to team up with other members interested in becoming editors, if you’re interested I can open your very own private forums, so you can communicate as a group without the clutter of other members interfering.

Below I’ve provided a list of the available areas, if you feel I’m missing an area feel free to mention it.

Job Listings (Available Areas)
Driver
Driver: 2
Driver: 3 (temporally off-limits)
Driver: Parallel lines (temporally off-limits)

Driver: 76
Driver: Vegas
Driver: LA Undercover

Driver: Working Title

News
Websites/Fansites

Sub-Job Listings (Available Sub-Areas)
Walkthroughs
--Missions
--Side Missions

During the next couple of weeks, I’m going to finish off a proper structure, but for now we can work with the fairly simple one above, just to get an idea of what everyone’s interested in.

For now which title are you interested in working with, if the title is temporally off-limits feel free to choose it and choose another backup title. If a title is off-limits it means that I have work already planning to be used for that Driver: Title, eg. DPL-List content for Driver: Parallel Lines and I have some further organising to do.

Along with the title you’re interested in helping out with what are you interested in helping out with, eg. Walkthroughs, Sample Project/DPL/Star collector.

If you’re still interested please respond ASAP and I’ll e-mail you with a link to the website and more detailed instructions on editing the wiki. To speed up the process here is a form that you can copy, paste to fill out and post within this forum.
form wrote:Driver Madness Username: (If you have a DM account what is your username)
DriverWiki Username: (If you have a DriverWiki account what is your username)

Wiki Experience: (How much experience have you had, editing Wiki’s)
Time Allocation: (How much time can you spend on the Wiki on a per week average)
Interested: (What topic(s) are you interested in covering, please choose from the list)
Other Information/Comments: (Just mention any other information you think I should know, or provide any comments you may have. Also include any additional information like if you’re willing to work with anyone else within the community.
Once you’ve verified your interest by posting the form above I’ll add you to a group on these forums which will give you access to a private forum category in the DriverWiki forums.

Sample Projects (I’m interested in)

I’ve created some sample projects, these projects can be found in the DriverWiki forum listings beginning with [SP], and these are projects I’ve developed that users may be interested in completing, if you’re interested in helping out with that project feel free to register your interest either here or within that forum.

- [PROJECT] DPL/Star Collector
Last edited by madness on Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Nikusakken
Driver Madness Username: (Nick Brasil)

DriverWiki Username: (No account yet)

Wiki Experience: (6 months)

Time Allocation: (From 4 to 6 per week)

Interested: (Driver: Working Title)

Other Information/Comments: (When it's possible, add areas about Reflections, Ubisoft, etc..., the characters in the series, The "GTA Clone" term, and things like that. And about to work with someone, I don't have a personal preference about it. It can be with anyone.)

By the way, can I create my account on DriverWiki? Or you're going to create it for me? Just asking...
By madness
Nick Brasil wrote:By the way, can I create my account on DriverWiki? Or you're going to create it for me? Just asking...
You can open your own account, I assume you know the link.
Once a few more editors have registered, I'll start assigning you all with a Editor rank.

Nick Brasil wrote:And about to work with someone, I don't have a personal preference about it. It can be with anyone.)
If anyone else is interested in working within the same field as youself, we can further discuss that then.

--------------------

Thanks for planning to help out with the DriverWiki, Nick Brasil. :)
By Officer Tanner
Registration Days Posts Posts
Driver Madness Username: Officer Tanner
DriverWiki Username: Don't have one at the moment

Wiki Experience: Been an editor for Thomas and Friends Wiki for about 5 months
Time Allocation: About an hour a day
Interested: Driv3r, did a presentation on it for English, and should still have some information file
Other Information/Comments: None I can think of I'm afraid. I could work with Coyote, I have his MSN.
By T.K.
Don't know the link. Thanks! I recieved the PM and I would like to take the Driver 2 section, and basic info on DRIVER.
That's it.

Thanks,
CJayC
By Coyote
Hey, got your PM. Sounds interesting. But I unfortunately don't have the time :(.
By madness
CJayC wrote:Don't know the link. Thanks! I recieved the PM and I would like to take the Driver 2 section, and basic info on DRIVER.
That's it.

Thanks,
CJayC
Ok, to make organisation a little easier for me it'll be great if you could fill out the form posted above.
Coyote wrote:Hey, got your PM. Sounds interesting. But I unfortunately don't have the time :(.
Yeah, i've found it pretty hard to find the time, to do things these days.
That'll probly explain why the DriverWiki is slowly taking it time to lauch.

------------

Within the next week and a half, I'll initiate the next phase of setting up the editors. At the moment we have 10 people who have shown interest. It's enough but I've noticed many don't have as much time as they used to and there no longer interested.

If you know anyone else who is interested in becoming an editor please tell them to come over here and register their interest. Wheather there a fan you know form another forum or whatever. The more support we get the quicker we can get the DriverWiki up and running. :)
By Coyote
Maybe on Ubi Forums or IGN board but I wouldn't ask the people there. I know two people that could be interested : Moonchild and JZ3 from my forum and IGN Boards.
By T.K.
Where do I fill out the form?
That's my trouble.
By madness
CJayC wrote:Where do I fill out the form?
That's my trouble.
Oh, umm... Do what "Nick Brasil" did.
Copy
form wrote:Driver Madness Username: (If you have a DM account what is your username)
DriverWiki Username: (If you have a DriverWiki account what is your username)

Wiki Experience: (How much experience have you had, editing Wiki’s)
Time Allocation: (How much time can you spend on the Wiki on a per week average)
Interested: (What topic(s) are you interested in covering, please choose from the list)
Other Information/Comments: (Just mention any other information you think I should know, or provide any comments you may have. Also include any additional information like if you’re willing to work with anyone else within the community.
and paste it and remove anything after the : and replace it with what should go there.
By T.K.
GOOD LORD I NEED THE LINK TO THE WIKI!!!!!!
I know I need to sign up, but I need to know the link at which to sign up first.
Unless I am missing something
By T.K.
Thanks, but I found the site right as you posted that.
Thanks, though
By madness
Nick Brasil wrote:Here

WIKILINK
CJayC wrote:GOOD LORD I NEED THE LINK TO THE WIKI!!!!!!
I know I need to sign up, but I need to know the link at which to sign up first.
Unless I am missing something
I know the website URL can easily be found, but at the moment I just want to keep it secret, until the DriverWiki is more content filled.

In about 30 to 40 days, the wiki should be public and will hopefully have lots of content.

I'm trying my best to make sure it's releasable within the next 40 days, and we will have a wiki with lots of useful content.

I've decided it's time to set up a private forum just for DriverWiki editors so we can discuss things in much more detail, in the next couple of hours DriverWiki editors should be able to access a new forum Category within the DriverWiki Category, there we can discuss things I don't want to make public at the moment.

Sometime today, I've decided to look go over to some other forums and ask if anyone is interested in becoming an editor.

Also in the next couple of days, I'll be releasing some more information on editing the wiki so we can get started.
By T.K.
Doesn't matter. I already found it. Yay!
By bb_42001
Driver Madness Username: bb_42001
DriverWiki Username: bb.42001

Wiki Experience: not much, very little
Time Allocation: 5+ hours a week
Interested: i will have a go at everything
Other Information/Comments:[/quote]

bb42001

Noodles

By AMC_Pacer_X
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Driver Madness Username: AMC_Pacer_X
DriverWiki Username: AMC Pacer X

Interested: I would be very willing to do a complete walkthrough for Driver 2. I would be interested in anything Driver 2.
By madness
Thanks for everyone registering their interest, I have added everyone to the DriverWiki editors Group, those users can now access the editor discussion private forum. I suggest you check back daily to make sure you get the latest information.

If there is anyone interested who has not yet registered yet, please feel free to continue registering your interest within this thread.

Thanks for your time everyone,
I should be releasing some more information within the next couple of days.

Regards,
Driver Madness 8)
By Sedans
Too busy at the moment. However what are the jobs still available as Im still interested??
By madness
I've noticed a lot of people seem to be much busier than they used to be. Just to keep track of what everyones status is I decided to send another PM asking if there still interested so I can better organize the next stages of the wiki.

I have set up a projects forum category folder which can only be accessed by editors registered in the DriverWiki Editors group. This is because it contains information I don't want to make public at the moment.

But since it's got valuable information that would be useful for interested editors I have decided to make getting access much easier.

So if your interested and want to check out the projects folder, just say your interested and I'll grant you access.

Sedans, I just granted you access.
You should be able to access a new forum category.
Projects are located here. I still have many more projects to add.
There is also another category for any other editor discussion which is located here.

To see if your a member of this group see
http://forum.drivermadness.net/groupcp.php?g=3087

If your not a member and are interested in editing the wiki, mention your interest in this thread.
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Sorry Madness but i'm really busy a lot lately and wont be on much at all for a few months because exams are coming up and they're real important cause they count for university entrance so sorry but i can't do it at the moment.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Sorry, I just realized these new forums still have PMing, and just found out how to check them, so just got the message on whether or not I am still interested.

As I have said to Madness recently, I am still interested. I feel bad for sort of leaving the Driver Madness community for about 6 months, especially after pestering Madness for so long about when the Wiki was coming online :P.

I will be reasonably busy in the coming months with exams etc, but I'm happy to spend some of the free time I get doing stuff for the Wiki. At the moment Driv3r is the only driver game I have, so I'd like to help with that, as well as just general proof-reading all over the site. Since I have D3 on pc, I could be useful for taking screenshots for the Wiki if anyone needs specific shots and has it on a console.

Let me know how I can help, and I'll try and do it, but no promises :(. I do have the next two weeks of holidays though :).

EDIT: Should I have posted this in the Editor's Discussion area? After posting this I went there to have a look, but couldn't see the best place for it, and I didn't want to create an entire topic for it.
Last edited by Lseven7 on Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bb_42001
i also have 2 weeks of holidays, so like Lseven7 said, i would be happy to help out where ever i can!

bb42001

Noodles

By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
madness wrote: there are much better things in life to worry about than gaming.
I would have disagreed with you if you'd said that to me about 2 or 3 years ago :).
But yea, that's true. I'm still happy to help in spare time though.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]