Modding discussion for DRIV3R.
By madness
Do you have an idea for a DRIV3R mod, then why not post it in here and we will tell you what we can do.

Please Note:That any requests made may not work out, so please be realistic when posting a request, it is estimated 95% of mods you request wont be create due to the complex modding procedures of DRIV3R. And there isn't any ways of modding DRIV3R in certain ways.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
DRIV3R Modding Wishlist

im sure there are heaps of people out there who, like me, have plenty of ideas for driv3r modding, but none of the ability to do it. put here what you want and hopefully someone will be able to do it.

i would like to see:

all cars in all cities (by the look of screens and vids, madness has already done this) as well as being able to start with the istanbulese police boat, all police cars and the 18 wheeler trailer from the mission in nice where it is open.

more take a ride start locations

car colour chooser for take a ride

ability to start on foot in take a ride
By Delta-38
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Are there any new cars for Driv3r? Is there somebody who can make some new cars for Driv3r like real cars? Like in Gta.
By madness
Delta-38 wrote:Are there any new cars for Driv3r? Is there somebody who can make some new cars for Driv3r like real cars? Like in Gta.
Currently it isn't possible to make new models, but it is possible to edit the colours and the textures on the cars, making it possible for you to put what ever you want on the current cars.

I have been thinking about making these mods the only problem is the filesize of the files, I still may be able to edit them and create a patching utility to save bandwidth and disk space.
By Delta-38
So how do I put new textures on the cars and where do I get the textures?
By madness
For starters you create the textures and you use a special tool called "SL Converter" which can be found here.

Now if you have any trouble working out how to use it I'll br creating a website soon, and I'll be showing you how to mod DRIV3R with detailed instructions.

For now if you want to see all the possible modding aspects known to mankind check out the DRIV3R Modding thread here.
By Delta-38
Thank you
By madness
Delta-38 wrote:Thank you
When I release the website called "Driver Modding" i'm pretty sure there will be alot more "thank you's" because this is going to have loads of mods and content. And the main reason i'm spending loads of time on this website is because I think modding DRIV3R is a very important thing and since it that difficult I want everyone to know how the game can be modded so we can see more mods.

And i'm also trying to make a call for expert modders to create utilitys which could possibly allow us to map the game or allow us to import our own sounds.
By Delta-38
Are there any mods? Can you add new cars to the game I mean to be more cars?
By madness
Delta-38 wrote:Are there any mods? Can you add new cars to the game I mean to be more cars?
No saddly we can't the game is just to complicated to mod like that, that complicated that no one has done anything like that.

I have created many mods although I haven't gotten to releasing them all.

I had released some before although I took them away and then I never got to uploading them again, these mods were all small edits which where quite small because the files they were edited in were small.

But there where also some mods which were quite large because they were packed into large files, and I have to go threw the process of creating a small patching application, but I should get to making something like that one day soon, possibly when I get DRIV3R working again on my computer.
By Delta-38
You did talk to someone from Atari didn't you?
Can't they help you with these problems?
By madness
Atari dosen't want to talk to anyone, and it's impossible to communicate with Reflections the development team of DRIVER. They seem to lurk threw all the forums, but maybe in another developers chat if they have another one we could talk to them about how much we enjoy modding and how much we want to mod DRIV3R maybe one of their guys can help us all out.
By Delta-38
That sucks!!! Why wount they help? They can get more money if they talk and help us.
By madness
They do say they don't post on forums because of flamming.
And it would also be nice if were all that easy, I think Reflections should hire someone to be "Media Relations" which is the person who we can get in contact with easily and also get news and information from, they usually work with Gamespot and IGN though. I know that UBISOFT has a Media Relations Manager although they don't seem to give us much information and they don't usually allow us to have any contact with any of the game developers.
By Delta-38
They could send an e-mail! If they realy wanted to help they would send some kind of message to contact you.
By Sedans
Oh i got one Oh oh oh oH! Clothes! CHANGED CLOTHES< tanner wor tha same thing for an awful long time
By Delta-38
What? What did you get? Some new clothes for Tanner?
By madness
He hasn't yet but it's a wish he wants for the Driv3r: Modding Wishlist
And he is a great wish and I beleave it is very possible. So when I get some more time I will review this wishlist and see what I can do with all the currently released modding tools and not to forget my DRIV3R modding knowledge where i can do somethings without any tools, but this is still very limited.
By Delta-38
Oh well I would like more rode to drive on and some high clifs to jump from :)
By Sedans
^^^ High cliffs good idea, More jumps and stuff

aww damn guys tomarrow i gotta go take my High School entrence exam :x :( :evil:
By madness
Higher Clffs and more jumps I would agree to be one of the biggest best idea's although it's not all as possible until someone find out how to map the game. Although it just might turn out possible. And if not hopefully we can do this on the PC release of Driver: Parallel Lines. :D
By Delta-38
Is parallel lines modable? Can you add some new cars for parallel lines?
By JAY
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Read this thread: http://www.drivermadness.p4h.biz/main/v ... .php?t=154

So far, we can only change the textures of the buildings, the cars and so on in Driv3r. But we can't add totally new car models. Play GTA. :D

Parallel Lines can't be modded at all. It's a console game. But maybe the upcoming PC version can be changed.
By madness
JAY wrote:Parallel Lines can't be modded at all. It's a console game. But maybe the upcoming PC version can be changed.
I beleave he was refering to Driver: Parallel Lines although it is the wrong thread, so I will go ahead and make a Driver: Parallel Lines modding wishlist.
By Miller
Even after all these years I still keep Driver installed. My friends and I like to take turns driving and watching the quick replays while we down beers. They’ll come over here to jam it on the PC or I’ll take a Playstation to one of their houses and we’ll do it with Driver2. That just shows how cool the Driver games are, being easy enough for anyone to operate the vehicle controls and entertaining enough to engage people who otherwise don’t play video games at all. (I guess we’re old people, like late thirties to mid fifties, among whom I’m the only ‘gamer.’)

I just got around to buying DRIV3R. I was telling these guys how cool the game should be now with guns, better maps, modern graphics, etc. But they never even liked to hijack cars in Driver2. For them, anything more than gas, brakes, right, and left seems like too much to get the hang of. No problem, though, since we can still do what we like: trash cars as we run from the cops, and then watch the replay.

Not so. That Auto Director in DRIV3R, as you guys know and some have complained about online, offers a really lame show. A little more than half the time while driving you are looking at rear bumper view, wheel view, or that so-called 1st person view (if there’s a way to switch on the car interior, I don’t see it). Watching the replays, we were all like, “Where’s the car, man?” Too frequent use of the slo-mo, too, IMO.

I like using Film Director—always have—but that doesn’t do anything for our party scene (or for that previously enjoyable aspect of one’s own personal sense of immediate gratification while jamming the game alone).

I wish someone would mod the Auto Director so it shows a better clip. A little application that would allow the player to choose the views that Auto Director cycles through would be killer, but if someone could figure out how to just change the arbitrary views to something more fun to watch, I’d be all happy about that…and grateful to the modder. From what I read online, I guess I'm not the only one.

Sorry to be so wordy about that.

[hr]
6MBps cable connection

DX 9.0c

Dell Dimension 4600 desktop
Windows XP Home Edition
P4 at 2.6GHz with HTT & 800MHz FSB
1.25GB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz
128MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Dell Dimension 4100 desktop
WinMe
P3 at 800MHz
512MB SDRAM
64MB DDR GeForce 2
By Sedans
have i seen you before off these forums?
By madness
making changes to the Film Director would be the hardest thing to do.
All we can hope is that Reflections make better Replay Features in future driver games.
By Miller
madness wrote:making changes to the Film Director would be the hardest thing to do. All we can hope is that Reflections make better Replay Features in future driver games.
Oh. Well, that's too bad. I'd like them to go back to allowing the chase camera to be positioned instead of having it fixed behind vehicles. I like placing it beside a car so to see scenery fly by while you weave through traffic. Thanks for the reply, Madness.

Hello Sedans,
If you're asking me, I guess that's possible, but I kind of doubt it, man. If it’s this username that makes you ask, this is the first place I’ve used it. (I got it from an email account I was recently given by a dude named Miller—I thought it sounded like a cool name to use online.) I’ve posted at several other gaming forums since late 2000, but never was too prolific at any of them, being mostly a reader of what others have to say.

[hr]
6MBps cable connection

DX 9.0c

Dell Dimension 4600 desktop
Windows XP Home Edition
P4 at 2.6GHz with HTT & 800MHz FSB
1.25GB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz
128MB DDR ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Dell Dimension 4100 desktop
WinMe
P3 at 800MHz
512MB SDRAM
64MB DDR GeForce 2
By TA-KO
Registration Days Posts
Well, my request is rather simple (but i don't know if it is possible):

Get rid of the police speed cheat!!!!!!
By madness
TA-KO wrote:Well, my request is rather simple (but i don't know if it is possible):

Get rid of the police speed cheat!!!!!!
At the moment it is impossible to do most things with the game so most wishes here will proably get no-where.

Your wish looks like it involves changing the handling of the police.
Now there is no such things as a police speed cheat in driv3r however I think your talking about the way the police speed up when you get close to them in a mission.

What happens is the police are following replays which were pre-made by reflections during the making of the game, so basically that's someone from reflections playing the police car and it's following the route reflections made. When your performing really well you'll catch up to the car and the car will go faster and sometimes you'll go slower if you find a way to trick the game.

at the moment there is no way to disable this. But there may be a chance in the future.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]