Modding discussion for DRIV3R.
By TheGabo92
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
Coyote wrote:oooohhh ! Well he mods the game lol
Woaah, you are a genius... -.-'
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Well the music part is easy, I was more excited about the cars. Maybe he has put the two maps together somehow, hence the crazy ground disappearing etc?
By Coyote
Now he just has to put the vehicle files in the Istanbul folder or something like that.
By Lseven7
I don't think it's that easy. If it was I would have been doing it for ages. If it is I will be annoyed.
By Coyote
Miami cop cars in Nice ! What else ? lol
By madness
JAY wrote:Look here under "Mission Manipulating": http://www.spared-life.com/OtherGames/Driv3r.html
Well achually I changed the cities, but I've tried changing the missions as well and I was able to achieve some strange results.

When the Wiki is all up and running I plan to put every mission file in every other mission spot possible and see what can be done!
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
That'll take a long time, what is that likely to do though? Swap around the order of the missions?
By madness
No, If I changed mission1.mpc which is "PoliceHQ" with mission2.mpc "baccus". It would use the co-ordinates from PoliceHQ in the Baccus Mission.

So if I went to PoliceHQ we would start with a Police HQ Intro but all of a sudden start at Baccus is to chase him and there are all sorts of other files you can change around with different effects.

I achually wrote something very big on this at the start of the year.
and this is the secret I was trying to keep for driver modding until sparedlife worked it out to so it was no longer a secret.

Also there are about 80 mission files, swapping them all around would take a long time. For Example

Mission 1 ==> Mission 2
Mission 1 ==> Mission 3
all the way down to
Mission 1 ==> Mission 80
and so on
Mission 2 ==> Mission 1
Mission 2 ==> Mission 3
By bryand751
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
thats because he was in miami but the city some how changed to istamble.
By Lseven7
madness wrote:No, If I changed mission1.mpc which is "PoliceHQ" with mission2.mpc "baccus". It would use the co-ordinates from PoliceHQ in the Baccus Mission.

So if I went to PoliceHQ we would start with a Police HQ Intro but all of a sudden start at Baccus is to chase him and there are all sorts of other files you can change around with different effects.

I achually wrote something very big on this at the start of the year.
and this is the secret I was trying to keep for driver modding until sparedlife worked it out to so it was no longer a secret.

Also there are about 80 mission files, swapping them all around would take a long time. For Example

Mission 1 ==> Mission 2
Mission 1 ==> Mission 3
all the way down to
Mission 1 ==> Mission 80
and so on
Mission 2 ==> Mission 1
Mission 2 ==> Mission 3
yea, do you realise if you want to try every one with every other one, there are approx 6400 combinations?
By madness
Dam! Calculator trying to make me face reality. (80x80=6400)

and if you were smart like I should have been and calculated 8x8 which was 64 and added two zeros that would have been great!

Well it'll be the longest month of my life, if I were to attempt that especially considering it takes about an hour for a full test of one combination.

At the moment I have only tried 10 random combinations which I haven't written down their effects. I guess that's something the wiki will help my organize.
By Lseven7
madness wrote:Dam! Calculator trying to make me face reality. (80x80=6400)

and if you were smart like I should have been and calculated 8x8 which was 64 and added two zeros that would have been great!
I used the calculator :( then thought how stupid I was for needing a calculator for that.
madness wrote: Well it'll be the longest month of my life, if I were to attempt that especially considering it takes about an hour for a full test of one combination.

At the moment I have only tried 10 random combinations which I haven't written down their effects. I guess that's something the wiki will help my organize.
Well with the wiki hopefully many people will step up to test mission combinations, reducing the workload somewhat. Unfortunately even if 10 people decide to help with it, that's still 640 combinations each :S
By PostalDude
Don't know if this will help,but Driv3r runs on the same engine as Stuntman.They reused some of the pedestrians animations and particle effects(exhaust fumes, explosions) and textures(License plates and rims to be exact) from Stuntman and use the same file formats as in Driv3r.
By madness
Driv3rownz wrote:Don't know if this will help,but Driv3r runs on the same engine as Stuntman.They reused some of the pedestrians animations and particle effects(exhaust fumes, explosions) and textures(License plates and rims to be exact) from Stuntman and use the same file formats as in Driv3r.
This isn't possible since Stuntman wasn't released on the PC platform. :(
Stuntman's physics engine was re-used but modified for driv3r. But everything else should be different. They may have reused textures and some effects though (they may be different formats though).
By PostalDude
It is.They used the same formats for each movie stunt(there were only 5 or 3 files,depending on how many stunts the movie had).There were Stunt001.mpc Stunt002.dam Stunt001.dam Stunt002.mpc and so on.
Cars have the same damage model scripts also,parts will fall off the same way and will damage in similar ways.

(PS if you don't believe,pop in the Stuntman disk and open STUNTMAN.IMG).
By madness
I never really thought about interrogating the PS2 Stuntman disk.
If I get some time I might try it one day, but I'm guess it'll most likely not work.

I remember I got the Driv3r PC Demo and the Full version of the game and wanted to Swap the 'mission that restricts you to a certain area of the city' file with the 'Take A Ride Nice' to see if it was possible to make driv3r with all nice city/vehicle models/weapons/pedestrians under 200MB. But the main reason I wanted to do this was to see if they included the entire city in the demo where the mission file restricted us to a certain area.

If this was the case they should have removed that Istanbul mission and put two missions in nice and the game could have been 350mb demo instead of a 700mb demo.

Because I couldn't swap these files between the driv3r demo and driv3r both on the pc platform, I don't see there being much chance of swapping files from the ps2 platform but it's always worth a shot.
By PostalDude
BTW,the graphics also look similar IMO.I think they run on the same Graphic engines also.Just that on Driv3r they touched the engine up a bit.

Here is a vid of Stuntman for comparison.Plus they used that BMW in D3,they just retextured it and gave it different handling.
By Klancnik777
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
do you think you can with SL CONVERTER change character
By 2umind
Registration Days Posts Avatar
I've just downloaded the iZ3D driver so I can play Driv3r in 3D, that's alot of threes mixed into different words right there. The problem I'm having is that, though the 3D effect of high separation and negative convergence creates some incredible depth in this game :shock: , the crosshair is only a 2D object and goes out of focus if you look into the distance or too close up. Does anyone know a way to remove the crosshair? Or possibly change it, I can't find the file for the crosshair anywhere in the Driv3r files and I can't find any talk about it on the internet. Thanks ahead a time, I'm gonna make this a new thread as well.
By PostalDude
I have a request: can someone rip the car door SFX from driv3r on the PC??? i don't want the truck door SFX,just the car door open and close SFX.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]