General discussion for the DRIVER series.
By madness
I thought I’d just share this one, I rarely dream about anything. But last night I had one of the craziest dreams, it wasn’t crazy but seemed exciting. I dreamed that I went on a holiday to the UK particularly New Castle, Upon Tyne and stopped over there for a period of two weeks.

Once I got there I found a place to stop, but before I stopped there I went over to a fast food restaurant. I never went there to eat anything I just went there to query about “Gareth Edmondson”. I have no idea why I was at a fast food restaurant, dreams are crazy things parts of them never make any sense.

After that I went back and found a place to live until I worked out were and how I could get into contact with the Reflections Interactive team and particularly “Gareth Edmondson”

I was looking up maps, looking over Newcastle, Upon Time and Tyne and Wear. Never herd of Tyne and Wear just thought it was a mockery of Upon Tyne but it existed after I carried out some research later in the day (when I was awake of course).

Then pretty much woke up to a loud bang out side. 

So I was still feeling a little tired so I tried to go back to sleep and about ten minutes later I finally got back to sleep.

The dream kind of started again, I was just door knocking around the area of Newcastle and knocked on a door, Gareth opened the door and I was so stunned, I didn’t know what to say and then I woke up in hospital. I don’t remember much in the dream after that but going back to the scene being the next door neighbor to Gareth Edmondson I was peering over his fence checking out his white convertible looking car with his little garage door thing half open, Gareth Edmondson pops out of no where and says Hello. I said are you “Gareth Edmondson” and yes he replied. I was stunned as before but never fainted or anything like that; I said wow… ur… ur… from Reflections Interactive right…? Yes, he replied. With a questionable look on his face then I said you make driver right, I’m like the biggest fan.

Then Gareth invites me around and I go to ask a question I’ve wanted to ask him all my life and then I wake up.

If anyone wonders what the question is, well here it is.

What happened to Gareth Edmondson? What made him resign and where is he now?

For the past year I’ve been wondering about this on a day to day basis and I want to work out what really happened what went wrong. I have always felt Martin Edmondson to be a big part of the series and now there is a big gap. He is gone, only in the credits under Concept nothing more nothing less.

So I ask anyone who may know where Martin Edmondson is what his doing now and why did he leave the wonder Driver Series?

I also ask if you can share any crazy dreams, like this related to the driver series in anyway if you have before.
By Coyote
lol must be cool to have dreams like that i'd like to have them too :P why didn't you ask when Driver 4 will be released ? :mrgreen: lol
By madness
I never got to the point where I could ask the first question.
So I was unable to ask that question, and I would not call it Driver-4 I would call it the next driver title.

But first I'd ask the name, and how would they know the release date yet!
They would mainly know the name of the game, they don't know how much more development time the game will take.
By Driver911
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Wo! Cool.

I once did dream about a tornado, in sunshine weather, crashing up everything just a few meters away from me.
Then later, it faded, and all the cars it had, crashed down very awesome'ly.
The place was where I lived, but some of the cars was a Yellow Taxi from
Driver PL 2006.

You know, dreams can be blurry, confusing and all.
But - That was one of my most CLEAR dreams ever!

It was one of those days I was sick. :S
By nitrored
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
ok...you know you like drivergames too much when you dream about Gareth Edmondson. :|
By Sedans
madness wrote:I never got to the point where I could ask the first question.

Oh I hate sh*t like that! That ALWAYS Happens to me! Its like ima bout to ask like, a question that has been bugging me for liek, my whole life, I'll be like "So..... Ive been wanting to ask you this question for forever!, What is-" And then i'll get hit by a bus or some sh*t like that..
By Driver911
I figured out how to wake up in your dreams.
If you have a gun or a weapon: Point it at your head and shoot!

This tip might come handy when you realize that it's a nightmare!!
I've tried it myself..:)
By Daltarin-Elite
Gareth Edmondson
Gareth Edmondson
Gareth Edmondson
Gareth Edmondson
Martin Edmondson
Martin Edmondson
This is the amount you said each of the names, were these supposed to be the same person or are they two different guys.
I never got to the point where I could ask the first question.
Oh I hate sh*t like that! That ALWAYS Happens to me! Its like ima bout to ask like, a question that has been bugging me for liek, my whole life, I'll be like "So..... Ive been wanting to ask you this question for forever!, What is-" And then i'll get hit by a bus or some sh*t like that..
I hate that too, i don't normally get hit by a bus but i get the idea, normally i'm talking to a girl i like though, not the creator of the driver series.

I've tried it myself..
I found i have a frighening lack of control in my sleep, and considering some of my friends can control their dreams to be nice and covered in fluffy bunnies, i can get the %&$# scared out of me most nights, and it is possible that if you die in a dream that you may never wake up in real life and this scares me so much considering i have nightmares all most every night.
I also ask if you can share any crazy dreams, like this related to the driver series in anyway if you have before.
It wasn't so much like yours, but i had a dream once of the crash that will one day result in the end of tanners life for good.

Tanner is being chased through the street of miami at about 2 in the morning, he is being chased mby about 8 cars behind him, all terrorists with big guns and an intent to kill someone. he turns around a blind corner.

Tanner wakes up on a dark hard surface, he looks up at the towering buildings surrounded by a blood red sky.

"Remember me?" he hears.

He wheels around but can't see anybody.

"You're the cop, and i'm the guy who said i'd find you!"

Tanner jumps to his feet, pulls out his gun and there is a loud bang from the darkness. Tanner crumples to the ground.

The chase through miami continues. A car comes to the left out the end of the blind corner, it crashes right it the drivers seat door. The car flips over followed by a series of spectacular crashes by all his followers in a pile up of about fifty cars.

The traffic light fades from green... to orange... to red.

From the backseat of tanners cars, jericho leans forward with blood running down the side of his head, and gently whispers in tanners ear.

"Do you remember me?"

I thought that this was kinda cool. And lseven7 if you remember this from english last year, yes i wrote it down one day for those weird stories murfitt made us do, but that was about a week after the dream.

So what do you think of my dream, cool huh?
By Lseven7
DPLkicksASS wrote:ok...you know you like drivergames too much when you dream about Gareth Edmondson. :|
Sedans wrote: That ALWAYS Happens to me! Its like ima bout to ask like, a question that has been bugging me for liek, my whole life, I'll be like "So..... Ive been wanting to ask you this question for forever!
Dreams are actually really amazing. Some of it is quite uncanny really. The fact that he dreamt about driver isnt that unusual really. Dreaming isnt all that different from thinking really, its just in a different form as such. Driver is something he thinks about, and Gareth Edmonson is someone he has always wanted to meet/find, so that isnt unusual. Same with Sedans; it makes sense, something he really wants to know, and he dreams about it.

Moving on to some advanced physics/neurology/phsycology theorys, there are some interesting things ive heard. The specific details that madness mentioned, such as places in Newcastle are not that unusual under many theorys. It has been suggested that in dreams you can recall information from your long term memory that you didnt even know was there. Maybe madness read about these places years ago, and doesnt remember it consciously. Some theorys even go as far to suggest that memory works not only backwards but forwards as well (explaining de ja vu as well). So maybe madness will find out these places in the future, he just doesnt know it yet.
Remember all of this is just theory... I just find it really interesting, so I thought I might as well share it as its relavent.
Sedans wrote:What is-" And then i'll get hit by a bus or some sh*t like that..
What? you were talking to them on the road? :lol: I know what you mean, I just found it a funny example.
Driver911 wrote:I figured out how to wake up in your dreams.

But dreams seem so real. And what if you get mixed up and accidentally do it in real life? "Hey! I finnally realized I was dreaming! Thats right! Driver911 told me to shoot myself to wake up!" Then you're lying in hospital with severe brain injury. I don't know where you would find a gun... but anyway.
Daltarin-Elite wrote:
Gareth Edmondson
Gareth Edmondson
Gareth Edmondson
Gareth Edmondson
Martin Edmondson
Martin Edmondson
This is the amount you said each of the names, were these supposed to be the same person or are they two different guys.
I'm pretty sure they are brothers that both worked on the driver series. I am unsure on the details though.
Daltarin-Elite wrote: The traffic light fades from green... to orange... to red.
I thought that was my idea to end the next driver game!!!
Daltarin-Elite wrote: I thought that this was kinda cool. And lseven7 if you remember this from english last year, yes i wrote it down one day for those weird stories murfitt made us do, but that was about a week after the dream.
Yea I do remember... My story was a crazy one that tied in with two other peoples. We had to die in the introduction, then go to heavan. So in the first persons story, he fell down a manhole. In the second persons story, he pushed someone down a manhole, then freaked out about what he had done, and rang an ambulance. He then got hit by an ambulance. In my story I got a call from someone who had seen someone "fall" down a manhole, and i was only a block away, but i lost control, plowed through someone, and slammed through a shop window.
By Daltarin-Elite
The traffic light fades from green... to orange... to red.
I thought that was my idea to end the next driver game!!!
It was your idea to end the next driver game, but regardless it was in the dream.
We had to die in the introduction
Was that really part of the criterea, i just thought we were being cinical.
Dreams are actually really amazing. Some of it is quite uncanny really. The fact that he dreamt about driver isnt that unusual really. Dreaming isnt all that different from thinking really, its just in a different form as such. Driver is something he thinks about, and Gareth Edmonson is someone he has always wanted to meet/find, so that isnt unusual. Same with Sedans; it makes sense, something he really wants to know, and he dreams about it.

Moving on to some advanced physics/neurology/phsycology theorys, there are some interesting things ive heard. The specific details that madness mentioned, such as places in Newcastle are not that unusual under many theorys. It has been suggested that in dreams you can recall information from your long term memory that you didnt even know was there. Maybe madness read about these places years ago, and doesnt remember it consciously. Some theorys even go as far to suggest that memory works not only backwards but forwards as well (explaining de ja vu as well). So maybe madness will find out these places in the future, he just doesnt know it yet.
Remember all of this is just theory... I just find it really interesting, so I thought I might as well share it as its relavent.
My god!
Trust you to bring that up. Your far too freaking complicated you know that right, and you tiho and simon always talking about physics and stuff... Seriously. I should have realised when you read this you'd turn into the unfortunate encyclopedia of knowlegde that you are.

It's a serious theory that i agree with, but never made me comforted.
By Lseven7
Daltarin-Elite wrote:
We had to die in the introduction
Was that really part of the criterea, i just thought we were being cinical.
Well it was a story about being in heavan, so if you dont die in the introduction, or if you arent already dead in the introduction, you would probably have failed
Daltarin-Elite wrote:

My god!
Trust you to bring that up. Your far too freaking complicated you know that right, and you tiho and simon always talking about physics and stuff... Seriously. I should have realised when you read this you'd turn into the unfortunate encyclopedia of knowlegde that you are.

It's a serious theory that i agree with, but never made me comforted.
Tiho hates physics [edit: well sort of... thats not the point... this is off topic...] and i never really talk to simon about it. When we do its usually one sided.

I was just trying to explain the fact that madness dreaming about driver isnt that unusual, and got carried away :P
By Sedans
and i was only a block away, but i lost control, plowed through someone, and slammed through a shop window.
You know, I find this quite creepy actually. The reasoning is becasue just today I was in the car with my mom, we were driving down a bad street when the minivan about 20 ft. ahead of us jerked to the right (Out of nowhere) and ran into a gray sedan, they both spun out and ended up on the neutral ground/median, my mom freaked out so bad she slammed on the breaks and we jerked to a stop. The drivers both got out and appeared unharmed, but it still was weird the way this happened, and it didnt even appear to be soemthing like a blind spot or something because the force and the rate that the van turned looked as if they were suicidal trying to drive off the side of a bridge. (No, we weren't on a bridge, but it describes perfectly.)
My friend told me you can die from that, like if you get killed in a dream you wont wake up. I wouldn't know becasue technicly I have never been killed in a dream, sure, as described maybe I was trying to ask somethign and then something happens that normally would have killed me in real life, but I just wake up.
Sedans wrote:
What is-" And then i'll get hit by a bus or some sh*t like that..

What? you were talking to them on the road? I know what you mean, I just found it a funny example.
Well, lol. I know its funny but its on the serious tip too. Becasue I can "die" (not contradicting) Some pretty crazy ways in dreams.
I hate that too, i don't normally get hit by a bus but i get the idea, normally i'm talking to a girl i like though, not the creator of the driver series.
Well, uh, I know, I was just using that as an example, yet a dream just like that has ocurred more than once, Not nesicarily a re-ocurruing nightmare but sometimes something similar to that or just like it. I do though, however, have re-ocurring nightmare however, the same ones that ive been having since forever too. Like the one when I get a phone call from one of my friends saying that they have just been shot and that they will die, but If I dont ge to a certain area on time everyone I know and love will be ruthlessly murdered, and evertiime I have that nightmare, I CANT controll whats happening, And I walk down the wrong path every time and get shot in the back and wake up. I hate that one. As D-E said, I can't control my dreams either, once in a blue moon I might be able to make a decision but I never really can, I hate dreams where everything I wanted or loved or that I missed out on life is there and I wake up, some things I cant control. And the one I hae the most: I'll be sitting there and my dream girl comes, we get right int he middle of conversation and love fills the air when all-of-a- sudden.... beep! beep! beep! beep! beep!, my alarm is telling me to get up and go to damn school.
By Daltarin-Elite
This is all actually really interseting talking about all of this stuff, it's quite insightful.

I die loads in my dreams, well not really, i would have died if i didn't wake up when i was about to.

One of my friends actually used to have dreams where he would slowly be imploding and he had to go to some special person to teach him how to wake himself up since dreams like that can kill you.

Isn't that so sinister? dreams killing us, that sucks.

So has anyone other than me and madness had dreams about Driver?
By Coyote
I had some dreams about Driver but everytime I wake up I can't remembers anymore :S

And I know how to fight in my dreams ! I'm not scared anymore ! =) (well, i never was scared :D)
By Daltarin-Elite
I had some dreams about Driver but everytime I wake up I can't remembers anymore
So how exactly do you know that they were about driver if you don't remember. WTF Mate? You must remember some parts of these dreams atleast.
And I know how to fight in my dreams
Sweet!
By Coyote
No I just remember that I played Driver in the night, but that was a dream. I don't remember what happenned but I remember that I dreamt about it !
It's like playing the beta version of Driver 3. They are a lot of different things (streets, places, cars,…)
By Sedans
Coyote wrote:No I just remember that I played Driver in the night, but that was a dream. I don't remember what happenned but I remember that I dreamt about it !
It's like playing the beta version of Driver 3. They are a lot of different things (streets, places, cars,…)
Ya know thats weird.. I remember a dream about playing in the beta version driver 1
By Coyote
What is the beta of Driver 1 like ? I've never seen screens of it, I have no idea what it looks like … :S
By madness
I have loads of videos I'll upload soon.
But for now you can check out these screenshots in the photo album here

I also remember a circle map, and a few other interesting things. Particularity the music from Bullitt.

[hr]
Driver911 wrote:I figured out how to wake up in your dreams.

It really depends on the dream or my need for sleep. Depending on how much control I have over my dream. Usually I cannot choose what I want to do it just happens, I know I don't want to do what I do next but I just do it. I didn't have much control over over this particular dream unfortunately or I would have asked to go straight to Martin Edmondson yet since Gareth Edmondson is still a developer I still have to chat with him!
Daltarin-Elite wrote:This is the amount you said each of the names, were these supposed to be the same person or are they two different guys.
Well I think I may have made a mistake in that post calling Gareth, Martin. It does get confusing some times. But I was talking about both Gareth and Martin. I was talking to Gareth and seeking more information about Martin Edmondon.
Daltarin-Elite wrote:I found i have a frightening lack of control in my sleep, and considering some of my friends can control their dreams to be nice and covered in fluffy bunnies, i can get the %&$# scared out of me most nights, and it is possible that if you die in a dream that you may never wake up in real life and this scares me so much considering i have nightmares all most every night.
Sedans wrote:My friend told me you can die from that, like if you get killed in a dream you wont wake up. I wouldn't know becasue technicly I have never been killed in a dream, sure, as described maybe I was trying to ask somethign and then something happens that normally would have killed me in real life, but I just wake up.
Ages ago when I was really young I used to get locked into these weird dreams, screaming in the dream would suck me in even more making it impossible to get out. I had the dreams many times so I knew I had to stay quite. The only problem I was in the dream and couldn't get out so I just waited and I finally woke up. But that was ages ago and stopped a very long time ago.
Daltarin-Elite wrote:This is all actually really interesting talking about all of this stuff, it's quite insightful.
Yeah, it's fairly interesting.
I'm learning a lot about dreams, but I really knew about a lot of it previously. Maybe If I attempted to study psychology I'd know a lot more.

Anyways these looks like one of the most interesting topics I've seen in ages.
By Daltarin-Elite
Maybe If I attempted to study psychology I'd know a lot more.
Not any easy subject to study i'm afraid. Very complicated as every one is different you have to learn lots of different ways of copy with people and stuff like that, it would be interesting to do but i think i might get confused and give up.
Anyways these looks like one of the most interesting topics I've seen in ages.
It actually is probably one of the better recent topics atleast. It's just unfortunate that some topics get so easily abandoned.
By madness
Daltarin-Elite wrote:
madness wrote:Maybe If I attempted to study psychology I'd know a lot more.
Not any easy subject to study i'm afraid. Very complicated as every one is different you have to learn lots of different ways of copy with people and stuff like that, it would be interesting to do but i think i might get confused and give up.
Actually I was told that it was one of the easiest subjects on offer at our school. Particularity in the science field any rate.
Last edited by madness on Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Daltarin-Elite
WTF Mate? it shouldn't be easy. I think it would be interesting but as i said would probably ditch it for something easier or making something more interesting over time. But i hate everything i do at school. Even though i'm taking the subjects I need for my hopeful job i find all of them boring on their own.
By Lseven7
madness wrote: Actually I was told that it was one of the easiest subjects on offer at our school. Particularity in the science field any rate.
We don't have it as a school subject. It's only a topic at university. That's probably why we see it as a harder topic.
By Doc
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Psychology in school & college is more like sociology. Its not the really interesting stuff like you'd learn in university or a medical college. Its more about everyday things like what makes people dress the same & all that.

Why Newcastle madness? Tyne and Wear is the area which Newcastle is situated in. It gets its name as both the River Tyne & River Wear flow through the area.

I've heard you can die in your dreams but it all sounded a bit strange, you know like the Matrix lol. Quite scary that. Still I have total control over my dreams which makes them alot of fun, favourite things to do... guns, I can just pull one straight out of my jacket even if I didnt have one to start with. And flying thats just fantastic sometimes the speeds a bit scary tho lol.

Oh and them dreams where you fall off something try not to wake up & you never actually hit anything just keep falling. Strange how your brain knows what falling feels like even if you've never fell from a great height.
By Coyote
Today I had a dream about Driver 4 =) Me and Sedans we were talking about wich cities Driver 4 should have, I said Washington, he NYC but then some people came and said "Oh no ! We already have 4 times New York" :P (in DPL you could say there is twice NYC).
By Daltarin-Elite
It wasn't twice in DPL. He just lived there in different decades that's all/
By Coyote
Yeh ok but you could count it as 3,5 times …
By madness
I recently had another dream where I was watching a movie but in other parts I was the central character. The movie was about me finding “Gareth Edmondson” and the movie was called “Stuart Little” The movie had no connection to “Stuart Little” and it was entirely unrelated to the real “Stuart Little” story.

The story was about someone probably me looking for “Gareth Edmondson” in the streets of Newcastle, Upon Tyne. Strange thing in the previous dream he lived in Newcastle, Tyne and Wear.

I was looking around everywhere and I knocked on a couple of doors, I knocked onto a particular door and I said, “Do you know Gareth Edmondson, Do you know where I can find him”. He replied “Next Door” so I went next door and found Gareth Edmondson.

For some reason in the entire dream I never got a chance to talk to him and then I was watching the credits were he was on the top of the credits as “PC Manager” I remember it exactly said:

Gareth Edmondson – PC Manager

Then after watching it I did a few more things which I don’t really remember to well and then I woke up. Once again another strange dream, But one thing I particularly remember was that “Stuart Little” was in VHS format so I went to convert it to a DVD so it’ll last longer.

A while ago, probably a couple of weeks ago I had a dream which I cannot really remember too much, I would have told you earlier if I wasn’t so busy with school related work.

Anyways the dream was all about me getting to know other members of this forum in real life rather than within the forums. My first stop was New Zealand considering it’s closest to Australia, so I went off to find Lseven7 and D-E and I found them successfully. We all did a few things, unfortunately I don’t really remember what we did, but I was getting to know New Zealand without going there and it’s amazing how my mind can picture how New Zealand and other people look like when they really probably look entirely different.

and around there my dream ended. I think this dream was caused by my thoughts in winning the lottery, if I were to win $30 million dollars like someone around my area won I would be able to do lots of things and one thing I’ve thought particularly about is either buying”Reflections Interactive” considering that should only cost 22million or look for everyone around the forums and invite them on a all expenses paid trip to Newcastle to find Reflections Interactive. Wouldn’t that be awesome? But I’m not going to win 30million dollars, I could but that would be highly unlikely.

But imagine what could be done with so much money!
By Daltarin-Elite
Yeah. That's right. Buy Reflections. We wouldn't have a clue how exactly to develop these games, but we have some bloody good ideas for the games.

As for the trip to Newcastle... Where do I sign up?

PS: New Zealand isn't really that great. However, we do have some nice places and people. Nice people where me and L77 live. But we live in a crap place... so, the moral of the story is. Sacrifices must be made in the way of a decent township, if yoiu wish to meet decent people.

WOW!
By madness
Daltarin-Elite wrote:As for the trip to Newcastle... Where do I sign up?
It's highly unlikely that I'll win 30 million dollars.
But wouldn't it be nice ;)

If we were to buy reflections the games won't go so well, so best to leave it to the professionals who know how to publish games. But would be awesome to go up there and say I have enough money to buy you out, but if you have enough money you could go up there and make an entire presentation of all your ideas to really pueswade the team to use some of our ideas.

Or...

make a game of our own, hiring all the professionals to create the best game in the world.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]