News related to "Driver: Parallel Lines" can be created and located in here.
Over the past year I've been everywhere trying to find the people who have the knowledge required to create tools which help us modify games within the driver series. Unfortunately I had no success, but recently I was contacted by Deniz (the creator of XA2WAV) who read one of my posts recently and was interested in creating this tool.

The tool isn't the biggest modding breakthrough but is a start, it enables us to convert .wav and .mp3 files into the .XA format. It's called WAV2XA and is now available for download from Driver Madness in the download arena here.

The program has to run from command line and if your having trouble please read the online documentation on using this tool here.

Deniz is interesting in continuing this within the other sound archives so we can easily modify the sounds throughout the city but cannot make any promises.

So we thank Deniz for such an amazing tool.
Helping us take another step in the modifying world of Driver.
Last edited by madness on Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Coyote
Has he registered on the board ?
By madness
Coyote wrote:Has he registered on the board ?
I'm pretty sure he hasn't. Otherwise he probably would have told me.
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I want to use this stuff so i can put my own music in the games. Although i just play a CD with the game and turn off in game music. This however would save the hassle.
By madness
You can also open up Windows Media Player, when playing a pc game. It also works with driv3r and driver: parallel lines, except this tool is useful for d3 because it can be used with the film director to sync up your moves with a song and in driver: parallel lines it can be used to switch between tracks while in the game.

And of course in media player the music still plays while outside the car and while playing FMV's and mission breifing and of course then it'll start clashing.

It's also good because in Driver: Parallel Lines you can achually add more songs rather than replacing them.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Unfortunatly Daltarin Elite is playing it on a PS2, so will have to make do with turning of game music and using a stereo.

madness wrote:It's also good because in Driver: Parallel Lines you can achually add more songs rather than replacing them.
Any idea how to do this with D3?
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
As L77 says, yes i'm on PS2, but i just pause my CD during the mission briefing. I would Just like to download the whole soundtrack and decide which songs i want and then add even more. And insert L77's voice saying. "You Stupid Pumpkin" whenever you run someone over in a car.
By Lseven7
That's not my voice he is referring to, it's someone else's (a certain croatian we happen to know for Daltarin-Elite's benefit). Here is the clip he is referring to:
By madness
I'm talking to the creator of XA2WAV and WAV2XA about importing sounds into the sound achieves. And there are the engine sounds and the sound when you run people over, we could change these sounds to this Stupid Pumpkin.
By Lseven7
hahahahahaha

you could make pedestrians say it when you drove near them, instead of crying out.
By madness
If deniz can make such a tool I plan to change every sound in the game and make packs, like a funny pack and a more realistic pack.
By DriverPLDumb
Registration Days
ok im not getting how do i use this i need help i just dont get
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]