News related to "Driver: Parallel Lines" can be created and located in here.
By madness
UBISOFT has officially released some new screenshots for the PC and Wii versions of the game on the new driver website driver.ubi.com along with these screenshots are some new PS2 and XBOX screenshots which for some reason look a lot better than the previous ones on the old official Atari version of the site.

So lets take a look at the screenshots. Click on any of the screenshots to open it up in a new windows to make it bigger. NOTE: Not all the screenshots are new but the vast majority of them are.
PC
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Wii
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

XBOX [NOTE: There are no new XBOX Screenshots]
If any new screenshots arrive I'll post them here.
PS2
ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage

ImageImage
Please Note: Sometime in the future I'll be opening up a proper Photo Album which will include all these images.

I also wonder if this means UBI will be releasing another version of dpl on PS2 and XBOX.
Last edited by madness on Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Well for one, the Wii screenshots look the worst but that may be because their actual ingame shots. The PS2 version looks pretty good especially with some of the new screens but WOW!
Look at the PC screenshots! Are those pre-rendered or something because they look fantastic. You gotta love the ones where T.K. is jumping over another car...
Know, a trailer needs to be released to showing the game in action.
Finally, it looks like PC DPL won't have the the director feature but if it did...it would be an amazing game. It's a shame really because the graphics look great.
By madness
Yeah, the game looks very great however I noticed it look liked when they took the images they had anti-alias turned off which was very annoying and made the graphics kind of look worse but with anti-alias turned on it would look great.

I'm not sure what's up with the Wii screenshots they look like they were taken with a digital camera. But the new PS2 screenshots look awsome, they kind of make me think weather or not ubisoft will be re-releasing a PS2 and XBOX version of the game.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
The way those PC shots are taken makes it look like there could be film director in the game. They could have just changed the camera for those screenshots (they are the developers of the game... they can do anything with it) but still... its a good sign.
By JAY
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
@PS2 shots: They have a good graphic programm I guess... :D It's very unlikely that there will be a new version for the old consoles. I hope there won't be one. It's time for something new.
By madness
"Sorry to burst your bubble", sorry I just couldn't help my self from using that!

What about those trailers in the Trailers for PS2 and XBOX versions of the games. Developers have these special tools which enable them to do this without having to program an entire film director. They can do these by programming a few special keys which move the camera from a current position this can also be achieved by memory hack.

However it also means they have to drive the car live while having the camera angle in that area, if they were to do it another way they would have used some sort of replay feature or did all those things out side the games engine or they could have programmed to cars to do those things like the un-rendered cut scenes in the game.

There are many ways all different game developers try to do things like this and the annoying thing is they can do it better than I can because they got the raw files they created where as I'd have to create it from scratch.

However if we don't have a director feature I may think about paying a programmer to create a memory hack tool for the game which enables you to edit the camera angles in the game.
By zoton2
Registration Days Posts Posts
You'd PAY someone to do that?

*goes and gets educated about... that stuff*

Anyway, it looks like from the Wii screenshots, when you lean out of a car to shoot, it will zoom in and you will be able to aim and shoot with the Wii remote, instead of using an automatic lock-on system?
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Why would Ubisoft realease a version of Dpl on PS2 and xbox. it's already out on those platforms.
By Sedans
Daltarin-Elite wrote:Why would Ubisoft realease a version of Dpl on PS2 and xbox. it's already out on those platforms.
Idk but mayb they messed around/edited it a little bit.
By madness
I suggest that they would do this to edit it make it better like sedans said as well as change the branding. However "Reflections Interactive" would remain in tact of course because there the developer.

Anyways there is no real word if there re-releasing it or not, I just guess that they will sometime soon.
By Daltarin-Elite
If they update it i might get it because i didn't really like the first version. Too violent.
By Moonchild
You serious Daltarin-Elite, I thought the violence in DPL was child's play. It's nothing compared too Hitman or Manhunt...then again, I suppose that it is a justified complaint.
If they were to rerelease Driver Parallel Lines on last gen consoles I think it would only come out on PS2. The reasoning, it's the only "old system" that's still selling(better than 360 and PS3 in fact)

Conccerning the violence again, it would not be toned down because the original DPL recieved M or 18+ so the developers don't need to change anything that concerns subject matter.
Reflection/Ubisoft is not in Rockstar's/Take-Two shoes(I'm refering to the current Manhunt 2 scandal)
By Sedans
Now im not taking sides, but daltarin-elite has a point.

DPL was NOT a Driver game as far as i consider it, All tha violence brought it to a GTA game, which isnt right.
By Moonchild
I'll agree that DPL was not a Driver game but Driv3r had the same violence except for the blood.
By Sedans
Moonchild wrote:I'll agree that DPL was not a Driver game but Driv3r had the same violence except for the blood.
Well, to make it short, they were close, but DPL was just a little worse.
By Moonchild
I agree, but no matter what style the next Driver game will be (linear/free-roam)
I think that the violence will exceed DPL just so the series doesn't look soft in comparison to it's competitors...

And the series is still a long way from GTA, there haven't been any grenades, flamethrowers, katana's or combat knifes yet...
By Sedans
Mayb they should just make it equal in violance, but keep it altleast guns only, none of the things you just mention, ya kno??
By Moonchild
I agree completely. That was kind of the point, to illustrate that even though DPL was kind of like GTA it still portrayed reality in a more convincing fashion because it didn't have those kind of(almost comedic) weapons.
Plus, guns are all you really need to get the job done, but a few hand to hand combat manuevers could be added if they were going to remake it...(at least give me the option to punch someone in the face)
By nitrored
i still liked the tank in dpl lol
By Miller
All you really need is a knife...anywhere.
Moonchild wrote:...Finally, it looks like PC DPL won't have the the director feature but if it did...it would be an amazing game. It's a shame really because the graphics look great.
madness wrote: (Insert all that stuff Madness said here--lol)
[i]L[/i]seven7 wrote:…they are the developers of the game... they can do anything with it.
Did you guys say this business of removing the Film Director was about putting more traffic in the game? Is that what I read one time? You know, man, it’s too bad they don’t try to include an option to enable or disable the Film Director along with other features that increase or decrease the number of pedestrians and cars on the street and the quality of video, audio, etc. You know what I mean? Like Seven said, they can do whatever they please with it. I’d like them to please me…and you guys, too.
zoton2 wrote:You'd PAY someone to do that?...
Pay? Fell, I’d kill.

*[note]* Fell = variation on ‘heck’…unless heck isn’t actually a hybrid term constructed from the two words I’m thinking of.
By Daltarin-Elite
They were not just as violent. DPL is much worse than Driv3r. it wasn't so much of a driver game in my opinion as an atempt by atari to try and claim some of GTA's sucess and failing. I would rather play gta than DPL.
By madness
zoton2 wrote:You'd PAY someone to do that?
To create a application which enables us to hack the camera and go anywhere with it, proably... However I don't have much money around so only if the price is right.
zoton2 wrote:Anyway, it looks like from the Wii screenshots, when you lean out of a car to shoot, it will zoom in and you will be able to aim and shoot with the Wii remote, instead of using an automatic lock-on system?
It looks like it. I'd be nice to have that slow motion affect to while you pull out your gun to shoot and when you gain skill you can do it at faster skills or something like that.

And on the pc version I'd guess you just use the mouse and if it were to have soon the scroller would be great!
By Daltarin-Elite
You'd PAY someone to do that?
Pay Someone to do what?
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]