News related to "Driver: Parallel Lines" can be created and located in here.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
madness wrote:Just to note that both Amazon and Gamespot are usually wrong.
Amazon had a release date for Driver: 5 for December 30th 2006 and we all waited but there was no Driver 5, so I contacted UBISOFT and at the time they said there had been barly any progress on Driver 5 so far.

So never beleave UBISOFT.
Now gamespot is usually correct however they never keep their website updated. Also if Driver: Parallel Lines on PC were to have been released within the next month it would have been found on ubi.com/us/ and there is nothing to do with dpl their.

So I beleave there is a delay and it's going to be released within a week around the date of June 1st in your area.
what? never believe UBISOFT?
By nitrored
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
crap i got another ad in my gameinformer its bad.....
By nitrored
its gettin relased later in the us,man

ps, im 3rd plase poster Woo Hoo
By Sedans
who cares about ur postin level bra? i dont care about mine
By nitrored
LOL /\ bra? LMFAO LOL
By lh1
Registration Days Posts
System Requirements For DPL

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows® XP (Service Pack 1), Windows® Vista• PROCESSOR: Pentium® 4 or Athlon™ 2.0 GHz with SSE instructions (recommended : 3.4 GHz with SSE instructions) • RAM: 256 MB (recommended : 512 MB) • VIDEO CARD: 64 MB DirectX® 9.0c compatible supporting Shader Model 1.1 (recommended : 256 MB DirectX® 9.0c compatible supporting Shader Model 2.0)• DIRECT X®: DirectX® 9.0c or later supporting XInput controllers • DVD Rom: 2X SOUND CARD: DirectX® 9.0c compatible HARD DISK: 4,8 GB free•

*SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT TIME OF RELEASE: ATI® Radeon 9500/9600/9700/9800 and X series (from X300SE to X1900XT) NVIDIA® GeForce 3/4*/FX/6000, 7000 and 8800 series (*NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX not supported). Laptop models of these cards may work but are not supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game. Additional chipsets may be supported after release. For an uptodate list of supported chipsets, please visit the FAQ for this game on our website: http://support.ubi.com NOTICE: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some DVD-RW and virtual drives
Last edited by lh1 on Thu May 31, 2007 7:31 pm, edited 6 times in total.
By Coyote
lol I don't need it, I'm playing on PS2 (some weeks and I've got a PS3).
I think Driver on PC is not as good as on the PS2/3 :/
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
I think Driver on PC is not as good as on the PS2/3
DPL on PC will have better graphics, but I agree....unless the PC version will have the film director feature.
By Coyote
D3R on PC was a horror :mrgreen:
By Moonchild
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
It wasn't that bad...for me the biggest issue was getting used to the controls(in comparison to consoles)
The steering was pretty sensitive too
By lh1
Registration Days Posts
Millbrea 04,just to remind you that please don't SPAM HERE!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:
By madness
Millbrea 04 wrote:D3R on PC was a horror :mrgreen:
DRIV3R on PC was way better than the PS2 version I though. The XBOX version was pretty much the best out of all of them but you couldn't put the xbox version on full quality like in the PC version so the pc version has better benefits, however driv3r was a really quick cheap port which atari poorly funded.

Now UBISOFT carry out the funding and this time around I believe Reflections Interactive has spent a lot more time on the game.

Driver 3 also had a bit more gameplay on pc with that extra mission "The Hit" and don't forget the possibility to mod the game. Same thing with Driver: Parallel Lines we get the extra gameplay element of Multi-player and I'm going to start working with someone to try and produce some form of camera hack if the game doesn't get released with a film director. So we can still perform some sort of film without the film director.

I also may get into porting DRIV3R but this will be quite unlikely because they would have different engines.

Driver: Parallel Lines will hopefully be easier to mod and of course Memory Hack.
lh1 wrote:New DPL (PC) Cover

System Requirements

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows® XP (Service Pack 1), Windows® Vista• PROCESSOR: Pentium® 4 or Athlon™ 2.0 GHz with SSE instructions (recommended : 3.4 GHz with SSE instructions) • RAM: 256 MB (recommended : 512 MB) • VIDEO CARD: 64 MB DirectX® 9.0c compatible supporting Shader Model 1.1 (recommended : 256 MB DirectX® 9.0c compatible supporting Shader Model 2.0)• DIRECT X®: DirectX® 9.0c or later supporting XInput controllers • DVD Rom: 2X SOUND CARD: DirectX® 9.0c compatible HARD DISK: 4,8 GB free•

*SUPPORTED VIDEO CARDS AT TIME OF RELEASE: ATI® Radeon 9500/9600/9700/9800 and X series (from X300SE to X1900XT) NVIDIA® GeForce 3/4*/FX/6000, 7000 and 8800 series (*NVIDIA GeForce 4 MX not supported). Laptop models of these cards may work but are not supported. These chipsets are the only ones that will run this game. Additional chipsets may be supported after release. For an uptodate list of supported chipsets, please visit the FAQ for this game on our website: http://support.ubi.com NOTICE: This game contains technology intended to prevent copying that may conflict with some DVD-RW and virtual drives
I must say with these specs this game will work on slower computers and amazingly it will also work on the really good computers with big improvements so far this looks like a more expensive port rather than DRIV3R's cheap port. I think this game will be competly amazing on the PC platform.

Sadly my lap-top doesn't support pixel shading because it uses a Intel Extreme Graphics. So I won't be able to mod Driver: Parallel Lines on my 2 week holiday in the holidays however I will work on looking through the contents of the game.
Moonchild wrote:It wasn't that bad...for me the biggest issue was getting used to the controls(in comparison to consoles)
The steering was pretty sensitive too
You can change the sensitivity and you can purchase a game pad for your PC and lseven7 purchased a new steering wheel which fully supports driv3r and I hear driv3r work great and better with it.

and also having the mouse to aim was great, but I don't know why the default shoot key was "num 5" and not right-click or left-click.
By lh1
Registration Days Posts
DRIVER: Parallel Lines for PC release now !!! So what are you waiting for, go and get one.

Here's the official website for DRIVER: Parallel Lines PC.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]