Modding discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines.
By JAY
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
There is a way to get into the development menu, which was used by Reflections for testing purposes. Get into the folder "GUI" and rename the files "Dev.MEC" and "Dev.TXT" to "Frontend.MEC" and "Frontend.TXT". Now start the game and you will see the development menu. Of course, it isn't working, because most of the necessary files were cut out by Reflections. But I think it's interesting to see what this menu looked like. :)

Last edited by JAY on Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Silent
Registration Days Posts Avatar
I say one: LOL
But Reflections maybe left the one thing in game: Start point.
## Global start points can be put here and will be selectable
## through the development menus.
## These can be selected via the development frontend menu and override the missions start point
## If the level itself has a start point set then this development menu option will be ignored

STARTPOINTS

"01. Englewood" -1856, 80, -3384
"02. Edgewater" -1608, 0, -1008
"03. Kearny" -2820, 0, -700
"04. Jersey" -1828, 0, 896
"05. Bronx" 1068, 40, -3400
"06. Hunts Point" 2400, 40, -3840
"07. Harlem" 276, 20, -2196
"08. Uptown" 780, 0, -1108
"09. Midtown" 180, 0, 236
"10. Village" 400, 0, 1780
"11. Financial" -20, 0, 2492
"12. Rikers" 3879, 10, -588
"13. Steinway" 2556, 10, -400
"14. Long Island" 2852, 0, 1460
"15. Jamaica" 2736, 10, 2936
"16. Redhook" 1244, 0, 4176
"17. Coney" 2828, 0, 4684

"Hunts Point race track" 2187.58, 19.99, -4513.18
"Kearny race track" -2958, 0, 727
"La Guardia race track" 4573, 19.47, -541

"Worst Case" 72, 2.1, 908

"Cop HQ interior" -313, 61, 1915
"Rikers interior" 3570, 10, -1650

ENDSTARTPOINTS
It says "These can be selected via the development frontend menu"

And one thing is interesting too:
# Enable commands
# OldLevel : Will tell the game that the city is a D3 city.
# ForceStart : Forces the level to start on boot up - avoiding all menus
By JAY
I don't know what the oldlevel command does. It has nothing to do with Driver 3. But anyway: You can load a Driver 3 city in DPL via levels.txt, but you will see nothing. Tried that out some time ago.

The ForceStart command will hide all the menus on the loading process. Good for testing things. Startpoints also work. Madness figured it out. There is a thread about that. But you have to edit the levels.txt manually. A development menu would be easier to use.
By Silent
Registration Days Posts Avatar
But, if I selected ForceStart to one of the levels, my game crashes :(
And, I selected one of this coordinates to StartPoint in Then, and after load game, TK is spawned in Ray's garage...

Edit:// D3 map in DPL.... its dream... TK in Miami :D
By madness
agh.... I thought we would finally see it working.
I remember doing this in driv3r never thought about trying it in driver: parallel lines ;)

More evidence for me to tell ubisoft their is a development menu and how to activate it! Most likely activated via the Command Line Interface.
By DriverKid
I hope we can get this to work, maybe we can finally reach Liberty Island?
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Damn you PC owners... I can never use any of these things. And i thought you could already get onto that island using some glitch with bikes and a wall?
By madness
There is achually a way I mentioned previously which enables you to access anywhere in the game. I've entered in millions of different coordinates and have been to many wonderful places, except liberty island :(

It's pretty time consuming, and at the moment I don't seem to have enough time anymore so it'll be great if others can randomly enter in coordinates to find some awesome places.

I suggest you take a look at this post I made
http://drivermadness.890m.com/viewtopic.php?t=714

it shows you how to edit the cords.

I achually remember now it wasn't the dev menu I was able to see in d3. Well it was but that was because I moved the text file :)

It was achually the film director replacing the front and then I tried it with the rest. So you can use the film director without the game running completely :)

Pretty Interesting...
By DriverKid
I WOULD do that if i had PC, but sadly I only have it for Xbox. I'll have to pick it up for PC if I see it for a good price, maybe at GameStop when I'm in the states again.
By madness
Yeah, the pc version is pretty cheap now.
It's as cheap as the Ubisoft titles in the Hot range.
About AU$19.95!
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I've never seen it on PC in NZ and the Wii version retails for around $80NZD.

Is it really possible to get to liberty island though?
By madness
yeah, but you might fall straight through it, even if we find the right coordinates.
By Prof. Christopher Von III
I'm sorry for the bump, but i just discovered this dev menu today and wanted to know how to use it, the link from madness is not working, please help me.
By the kid 78
.MEC extension is ported from PS2 version of the game, Dev menu is hidden in that Frontend menu, it need a command made specially for it (I guess it will appear in PS2) for PC platform it maybe need a config file or something that enable it.

Dev (Debug) Menu:

That menu it doesn't work, you can see this interface by just renaming "Dev.mec" and "Dev.txt" to "Frontend.mec" and "Frontend.txt" the menu will appear but it will not work cause you direct the file as your front end not your dev menu.
By Wheels
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
This had my attention.

From what I read, it says you can change the way the game works, or choose starting points (remind you of Driver '76, anyone?).
By the kid 78
By the way I play too much DPL (I re-do the vehicle counter two times means I reach 999999 miles two times) and once I get that menu on my PS2 I don't remember how but it was a strange find. The image I posted is from PC.

I'm working on getting that menu works :) hope I be able to do so.
By the kid 78
VAIMAHDO wrote:Great find! It's always awesome to see this type of stuff. :)
Isn't a new thing the OP already did it, but I find the hard way that those files are originally made for PS2.
By somebodynamed
madness wrote:agh.... I thought we would finally see it working.
I remember doing this in driv3r never thought about trying it in driver: parallel lines ;)

More evidence for me to tell ubisoft their is a development menu and how to activate it! Most likely activated via the Command Line Interface.
you can access the dev menu in DRIV3R?
By Fireboyd78
somebodynamed wrote:

Yeah, but unfortunately it doesn't do anything. The debugging/development features are not present in the retail versions of the game. So the menu is just a bunch of lines with "0" at the end.
By somebodynamed
CarLuver69 wrote:
somebodynamed wrote:

Yeah, but unfortunately it doesn't do anything. The debugging/development features are not present in the retail versions of the game. So the menu is just a bunch of lines with "0" at the end.
it would be cool to see it working that would mean we can play as 2006 tk in 1978 and 1978 tk in 2006 without editing the files
By Fireboyd78
somebodynamed wrote:
CarLuver69 wrote:
somebodynamed wrote:

it would be cool to see it working that would mean we can play as 2006 tk in 1978 and 1978 tk in 2006 without editing the files
I've tried getting the development menu to work on the PC version, but it crashes when you select it. If I somehow get it working, I'll report back here. However it's not a priority of mine so it may not be anytime soon.
By PostalDude
somebodynamed wrote:

Instead of asking that to a random post from 2008 from a member who comes here once in a while to check on things, you could've looked in the D3 modding forum to find your answer.
By Fireboyd78
PostalDude wrote:
somebodynamed wrote:

Instead of asking that to a random post from 2008 from a member who comes here once in a while to check on things, you could've looked in the D3 modding forum to find your answer.
Are you seriously still going on about this? Stop trying to be a backseat moderator. Go find something else to do.
By Skylabh
That's why the very old topics should be locked for good, otherwise we will always have this kind of problem. Sorry if i seem a little harsh.
By Fireboyd78
Skylabh wrote:That's why the very old topics should be locked for good, otherwise we will always have this kind of problem. Sorry if i seem a little harsh.
The most recent posts were from 2015, I don't see a problem here :P
By Skylabh
Fireboyd78 wrote:The most recent posts were from 2015, I don't see a problem here :P
Yes indeed, because there was a mega bump from 2010 to 2015 so it revived the topic lol.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]