Modding discussion for Driver: Parallel Lines.
By madness
Currently with no access to a fast computer I've spent some of my spare moments in the holidays scrolling through all the files trying to see what I can achieve and I have moved my focus onto the "sounds" folder.

I've spent a couple of hours doing a little investigating and I've found out all their purposes and some samples of what these files contain.

Samples/Information
I've included some samples and information about the following files in the sound folder.

NOTE: All files seem to come from some sort of achieve and are sounds in many different frequency's.

All this data is in the RAW format which stands for "Raw Sound Data" this is basically an Uncompressed PCM sound format just like MP3 files but uncompressed making the files larger but quicker to access when the game wishes to play them.

CHRSOUND.DAT
This file contains all the sounds you'll hear on and around the streets of New York in Driver: Parallel Lines.

Samples:
SWAT Teams Talking
TK (2006) Talking
Random Swearing Pedestrian

SOUND.GSD
This file contains all the menu sounds as well as the sounds for the weapons and vehicles.

SOUND.GSD Sample

SOUND.SP
This file contains all the sounds which can be herd during missions.

Samples:
Mission 1 - Nickel&Dime Part 1
Mission 1 - Nickel&Dime Part 2
Mission 1 - *2006 Era M1

That's all for now, since I know these work basically like .zip/.rar/.tar files I've decided to find and work with some people who could create a small application which enables us to play, import and export files in these sound archives and unlike the .dds files I'll try to make sure we can mass export and IMPORT.

So hopefully I have opened some more doors in the world of modding dpl. Just like this I'm hoping we can find more ways to import rather than export data.
By Coyote
Is it possible to import own songs i the game ? I dont' mean background sounds, but music songs (in mp3) ?
By madness
At the moment this can't be done, but is most likely possible.
We just need someone to create a program which enables us to convert the music files into the .xa file format used in the game. But this thread is dedicated to the sounds folder which doesn't have anything to do with the music, so it's best you look in the music folder for those types of things.
By madness
unfortunately you can't.
However it is possible for you to extract a similar product. It just doesn't sound 100% as we don't know all the variables which it was encoded in.

I'll get this program packaged and shipped into our download database by the end of next week.
By Dondie
Registration Days Avatar
Will there be a possibility to import music?
By madness
Dondie wrote:Will there be a possibility to import music?
At the time no there isn't, I had someone working on this but time got in the way and they never got enough time to do it yet! So I'll just ask him again when he has got more time.
zoton2 wrote:So, you say that you can hear the sounds, but you didn't extract them??!?!?!
It's a little complicated so most likely I'm confusing you and myself. But when I get the program all ready it'll kind of explain itself.
By PostalDude
"imma whip you upside da head f**ker!" XD that black ped with a red or blue hat with a white tank top from '78 is SO damm funny. :lol:
By SnaffleJBean
Registration Days Posts
Driv3rownz wrote:"imma whip you upside da head f**ker!" XD that black ped with a red or blue hat with a white tank top from '78 is SO damm funny. :lol:
He ends about 80% of what he says with "f**ker" :P
By PostalDude
XD yep,I think his kung-fu imitations are funny as hell.
By AxEL379k1
Registration Days Posts Avatar
In what file there is the radio dialogs of police? (Example: we lost the suspect, we have a crime in progress...)
By cleone
AxEL379k1 wrote:In what file there is the radio dialogs of police? (Example: we lost the suspect, we have a crime in progress...)
Maybe the NYC files. That's what I am guessing since the police voices are different in each era.
By AxEL379k1
cleone wrote:
AxEL379k1 wrote:In what file there is the radio dialogs of police? (Example: we lost the suspect, we have a crime in progress...)
Maybe the NYC files. That's what I am guessing since the police voices are different in each era.
The NYC files in "Sounds" folder are 1 KB, is impossible :!:
By cleone
AxEL379k1 wrote:
cleone wrote:
The NYC files in "Sounds" folder are 1 KB, is impossible :!:
Try CHRSOUND.
By AxEL379k1
I found the radio dialogs of police, are in the end of SOUND.GSD, but I need the exactly frequency for listen them decently.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]