Here you can find Developer Chats, Interviews, and other goodies about the game!
By Coyote
Hello everybody !

1st, watch this video:

I've been driving a lot there and that must be the airport !

Okay, you know where is North Miami ? That's one of the biggest parts of Miami.

I tried everything to go there but it works only if you go true the airport.

So first go to the airport of Miami, then let you fall in that "Nothing" and hop your car will land on its wheels (and dont forgett to activate the Invincibility cheat). once you'be done that you go to North Miami (map). Your car will fall in the water and you'll automatically jump out. Then you will have to search after a open way to come at the surface. If you cant find one just go to the street and you should appear at the top of a building. Then jump down and um… welcome to North Miami ! Have fun and don't forgett that you can fall true the city at any moment so be carefull ! :P
By Coyote
madness, JAY, Moonchild, lh1, The Gabo92 and Skeleton have seen this topic but nobody replied. I'm asking if anone has even tried.
How can you not be interested in that, I mean I'm talking about 2 secret districts wich no one has ever seen, and I dont mean this thing to be under the map, this is a real district with drivable cars, houses, trashcams, ...
By TheGabo92
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
I'm really interested in try this, but I can't cause I don't have Driv3r installed right now... any way it's a great find!
By Coyote
Yeh it's the greatest thing I've ever seen in Driv3r !!
By Daltarin-Elite
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Does it work on PS2 or just pc cause i'll try it later today. but i kind of rented a game, so you know, first things first.
By Coyote
Well it's meant to be work on PS2, nobody never tried on PC.

It's quite difficult, you know.
By madness
I'll check the video out when I can wait an hour for the video to stream :P (dial-up :S)

Then I'll try it on my pc, and report back to everyone telling them how it went!
By Daltarin-Elite
I cant downlaod the video cause i have the worst internet in the world. about an average of 46Kbps. That sucks especially when i'm downlaoding it only downlaods at about 3Kbps.

So with my bitching out of the way. Where exactly is the nothing that i'm meant to fall in to. I drove all over the area where the above map shows and it didn't do anything. Can someone please post a closer screen shot of just in front of the hole so i can find it.

It would be greatly appreciated.
By Lseven7
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
I've only got PC so I can't use invincibility. When I get home I'll try without it.
By madness
Lseven7 wrote:I've only got PC so I can't use invincibility. When I get home I'll try without it.
I have invincibility unlocked, maybe I should give you the file that unlocks invincibility! I'll try and hunt it down for you and have it uploaded in the next couple of days.
By Coyote
Daltarin-Elite wrote:Where exactly is the nothing that i'm meant to fall in to. I drove all over the area where the above map shows and it didn't do anything.
Um… 1st you have to go on the airport and they are big holes where you have to fall down. If think you didn't made it cause when you're there you just have to see it !
By Daltarin-Elite
Like an actual hole in the ground or a rendered space that you can fall through. Cause i went to the point marked on the above map and it didn't look very aiporty to me but i drove around as much as possible but still didn't fall through the ground.
By Coyote
No look, first you have to watch the video, and this secret discrit is not the marked area on the map. Once you're in that district you'll find a place where you can fall true. Then you'll be under the city and you'll have to drive to the markes area. And then you will automatically come up.

I changed the map.

Green: Airport
Red: North Miami

By Lseven7
madness wrote:
Lseven7 wrote:I've only got PC so I can't use invincibility. When I get home I'll try without it.
I have invincibility unlocked, maybe I should give you the file that unlocks invincibility! I'll try and hunt it down for you and have it uploaded in the next couple of days.
Awesome!!! It really annoyed me when I finally finished the game but I still had no cheats unlocked.

And the bit reffered to above as the "airport" I have seen somewhere else on an internet guide. I think they called it an extension of Little Havana.
By Coyote
Why does nobody tries that thing I'M talking about :( I mean, isn't it interesting to discover a new place, where you find cars wich you can driver, roads, houses, trees, trashcams, lamps, … ?
By Daltarin-Elite
I tried to do exactly what the guy on the video did but i never got over that fence or appeared on the builing or whatever it was, i don't know why though, i tried it for ten minutes in the same place as the guy in the video did.
By nitrored
mabey this will be worth a trip to gamestop....
By Lseven7
I've tried, but i can't get over the fence. Then I went nuts with a grenade launcher to somehow try and propel me over using exploding cars, i went through 4 trucks, 6 cars and a van. It didn't work, but I had quite an impressive pile up.
By madness
Lseven7 wrote:I've tried, but i can't get over the fence. Then I went nuts with a grenade launcher to somehow try and propel me over using exploding cars, i went through 4 trucks, 6 cars and a van. It didn't work, but I had quite an impressive pile up.
I had the exact same problem with the pc version.
and I to went a little crazy and started pulling vehicles off the street jumping on them and blowing them up with a grenade launcher.

I'm going to see how much easier it is in the ps2 version.
When they made the port they problem changed the collision zones so it would include that entire area.

A interesting way to see how high that barrier goes is to get the grenade launcher and see how high you have to shoot the grenade until it actually goes over. With a gun you can see where the bullet holes go and where you no longer can shoot bullet holes you can get over that collision zone if you can get that high up!

I never thought of this tactic before and I might go and try it out now!
By Lseven7
madness wrote:and I to went a little crazy and started pulling vehicles off the street jumping on them and blowing them up with a grenade launcher.
yea, i tried again just now... and ended up doing that again... it was fun though.

Stuff about collision zones is interesting, i noticed one of the cars i tried to grenade launch over the fence bounced back off an invisible wall.

However, it appears in the video that the person glitches through the wall rather than going over it.
By madness
I have decided to investigate this issue.
I've gotten my ps2 and driv3r ps2 disk out!
and now it's time for me to try and see what happens when I try this glitch on the ps2.

So I got it on pc loaded it up only to find I had no cheats.
I proceeded anyways, and I decided not to make use of any weapons.
I still couldn't make it through that wall.

So I'm going to investigate the invisible wall.

Since I'm not good at converting real meters into the game I'll be doing my measurements in tanners. So one tanner is 1 meter and 0.5 meter is half a tanner.

Ok! screw that idea. Everything is about 10 tanners high.

After further investigation on the ps2 version you'll notice that there is what you call a T-Junction with the wooden fences. It is easier to jump if your jumping on that particular area and that particular area only. I also found it easy to go through that wall as it seems pretty weak!

In the PC version the wall doesn't seem as weak.
Making it impossible.

This caused be caused by some minor changes in the engine.
When the game was ported over to the pc version.
By Daltarin-Elite
After further investigation on the ps2 version you'll notice that there is what you call a T-Junction with the wooden fences. It is easier to jump if your jumping on that particular area and that particular area only. I also found it easy to go through that wall as it seems pretty weak!
So you got through then?
Cause the guy on the video seemed to fall down beside his truck and more get crushed through the wall by 100 tonnes of metal. I didn't have that much luck though.
By Coyote
lol if this is too difficult for you you can just forgett it … the rest is like 20 times more difficult and I think that thing to get over the fence isn't difficult at all, well maybe it's easyier on PS2, i don't know, but really, that's pipifax.
By Daltarin-Elite
pipifax.
WTF Mate?

I don't want to forget it, I want to get to that special place, i'll keep trying, and i should get there eventually.
By bryand751
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
the video was deleted
By daan
Registration Days Posts
madness wrote:Well here is the cheats unlocked for all those pc users.
I took a quick look and I remembered something back when I was playing it on the ps2. I couldn't get in there on the pc version so I tried to hack tanners jump to do longer jumps but no success yet!
Hi
I tried to get over the wooden fence in Little Havana (I watched another video because the one in this topic was deleted from Youtube) ans I suceed but... I died because I haven't got Invicibility cheat enabled... I'm playing on PC and there are no cheats.
So can you reupload your cheats program somewhere else, please?
Download link is down and download section on this site isn't working too
By madness
daan wrote:
madness wrote:Well here is the cheats unlocked for all those pc users.
I took a quick look and I remembered something back when I was playing it on the ps2. I couldn't get in there on the pc version so I tried to hack tanners jump to do longer jumps but no success yet!
Hi
I tried to get over the wooden fence in Little Havana (I watched another video because the one in this topic was deleted from Youtube) ans I suceed but... I died because I haven't got Invicibility cheat enabled... I'm playing on PC and there are no cheats.
So can you reupload your cheats program somewhere else, please?
Download link is down and download section on this site isn't working too
Hello,
Yeah, the downloads section has been down for quite some time now, I've been meaning to replace or fix it but haven't found enough time.

These are the two trainers
http://downloads.drivermadness.net/d3/t ... FASdox.exe
http://downloads.drivermadness.net/d3/t ... nt-d3t.exe

and here is the save file that was in the download link above
http://downloads.drivermadness.net/d3/e ... locker.zip

Good Luck! :)
By daan
Registration Days Posts
Thanks, I'll try it!

Finally I get to Little Havana secret part called airport, why airport? There're 3 road lanes separated by buildings.
You have to have lucky to jump over fence. I did it only two times. Later I drive on to untextured road and fall my car landed on wheels so I drove to Nort Miami. I were there 2 times and nothing happend I didn't se this "North Miami". I was driving under city and my car encounter invisible obstacle and my car flip and I landed on roof:( I couldn't move so I exited car and... I died (I drown, there was water around me) even though I had Invicibility cheat on.

Maybe next time I will see North Miami but jumping over the fence is very difficult.

Is there any way of editing collision files so we could just run through this fence?
By madness
daan wrote:Is there any way of editing collision files so we could just run through this fence?
There is a collision file, but I would have no idea how to properly modify it. However it is possible to replace it with either a nice/instanbul collision file and everything goes crazy, but you can still drive around the city going through all the textures.

One thing I really haven't understood is why some games have a different file for collisions and a different file for models.

But now it come to me, when using a fairly detailed tree model you wouldn't want to have to process the collisions for all the leaves during gameplay because nothing is going to be able to touch the leaves because there too high up, and in most games you can drive/walk straight through them.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]