Share videos you've created/found here!
This is a video Patrick Damian of Simanticus Studios did in about two days as a test chase scene for the Apocalypse Syndrome machinima series.

Click To View

We have bought just about EVERY city car driving game on the planet looking for one that outputs chase scenes like DRIV3R can do...folks, it doesn't exist!

It sure would be nice to have a film director in Parallel Lines because DPL looks 1000% better than Driver 3. I could really do some nice stuff wih the New York cityscape.

The driver character model was created and animated using Poser 7 and composited into the Driver 3, film director output.

Tried it with GTA, but their car physics and output were just not up to par for the production standards of the series. D3 is the BOMB when it comes to car chase scenes for machinima productions.
--------------------------
Simanticus Studios
http://www.simanticus.com
Last edited by Symanteco on Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By madness
I'm not sure what your trying to tell us in your post. However your annoyed that driver: parallel lines never included a "Film Director".

someone created a camera hack via. memory hacking for games like gta and nfs as well as flatout2 and a few other titles and we should be able to achieve something like that with dpl.

However we need someone really good with memoryhacking, my idea is "tocaedit" the creator of the camera hack for all those other games I mentioned previously. But I have been unable to contact him.

I think I'll start some sort of partition to see how many people really want to see such a tool.

What do you think?
By Symanteco
Registration Days
Heck yeah. I need a camera hack BAAAD fot DPL. I hate that they removed the film director from Driver and give us a game as good looking as DPL and no way to record our crimes :-)

I'm actually using it to do an entire series.
By madness
Well you can try out my "Removing the HUD" tutorial to remove the HUD and then while in a car you can press the middle mouse button to move around the car.

You can also use the "Thrill Cam" option for an automated camera angle.

You don't get that much control but it's a start until we can do anything else.
By Symanteco
Registration Days
I already removed the hud by renaming the file in the overlay, and the thrill cam isn't high resolution enough.
By madness
I thought it was the same resolution. In fact it would have to be, the computer can't automatically change resolutions that fast.

Well I'll be trying to make a few movies with what I can get access to now but it is a pain.

I also might suggest Driver and Driver 2 as you can still get full full director access then driv3r.

In driver 1 you can also edit the mission scripts so you can control what happens in the game and the film director is even better than the one in driv3r, it's just that as a game for 1999 the quality isn't the best but the resolution is awesome as you can get as much resolution as your screen supports. .
By Symanteco
Registration Days
it's post processed in real-time. Check it out next time you play.
By madness
you mean just zooming in on current pixels or something, I'm not all that familiar with the term "post processed", but I have a tiny small idea.

Also how do you record the game, do you output it via A/V to something or do you use a program like fraps?
By Symanteco
Registration Days
Fraps, with an Nvidia 8800GTS to record at high resolution wide screen.
By madness
nice, I just upgraded my pc with a 7600GT and driv3r still misses a few frames when I'm recording DRIV3R, but it's no where near as bad as my old pc which used 2Ghz and a GeForce FX 5200.

Anyways I sent you an offer in your PM box, I don't think you've check it yet! It might be worth checking out.
By Sedans
i cant view the video :|
By Symanteco
Registration Days
You need to download the DIVX-HD plugin. It's only a 1 minute download and it's the highest quality online codecs.

http://www.divx.com
By madness
If you use firefox it's a lot easier to install you can just press the install extensions button and it installs for you. So if you still have firefox installed use that!

Also wondering is their a download alternative to receiving this video?
By madness
I just took a look at the video and the driving and film director elements you took did look a little midi-core I have seen a lot better before.

However that poser software you used really gives the video a good look and a touch of something outside the game, I'd congratulate you on that job. I used some similar software very similar to poser one day I can't remember what it was called but it's quite new.

Anyways I'm just wondering how you got the camera to stay in that part of the car while it's moving, I thought that would have only been possible with the driver 1 film director.
By Symanteco
Registration Days
The video isn't meant to be some supercalifragilistic physics defying drive-a-thon, but a simple chase scene from the series, Apocalypse Syndrome.

The Poser character was greenscreened into the an interior car mat with exterior visuals composited in.
By madness
So obviously you spent a lot of work amazing us with your amazing video editing work. I've been trying to get into this area a little more but I never have the time to sit down and learn everything I'd like to learn but one day I play to do a few similar things with Driver and the use of it's Film Director.

And for people who are really into car chases I thing that confusion is something you see a lot more in car chases rather than being a little simple.

But I congratulate you on your wonderful job, and you may want to keep an eye out for a driver video competition I'll be starting up sometime in the near future.
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]