Modding discussion for DRIV3R.
By Paperboy
Registration Days Posts Avatar
Ello everyone. I've been using the wonderful Antilli tool to begin working on a HD Texture Pack. I'm sure stuff like this is in progress by other people, but I'm taking a shot.
I plan to work on everything in this order:
Guns
Vehicles
Plants and Trees
Roads and Surfaces
Buildings
Misc World Items
Seems like it'll be fun. Also I plan to make much more extensive use of the included but undermined specular shader for the pc release in this texture pack!
Some screenshots of guns, so far.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image

And yes, I am aware there are a couple of mistakes on these textures, but everything is obviously subject to change :P
Last edited by Paperboy on Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 7 times in total.
By Paperboy
Image Image
Image Image

Starting Pistol is textured! :D

(As for the unusually bright trigger, the tex co-ordinates on the model for the trigger and guard actually sample from the back of the grip. There was no way to avoid this, I actually used a different grip to what's on this pistol in real life, as the original had a gritty texture, which looked even worse. xD )
By cleone
Now all we need it cockpit camera
By Paperboy
AAShotgun wrote:Will you give Tanner a beard like in SF?
Should I? If there's any change I'd make to Tanner, I'd make him walk and jump like a real human being and not a crude android.
By Olanov
Paperboy wrote:
Should I? If there's any change I'd make to Tanner, I'd make him walk and jump like a real human being and not a crude android.
I honestly don't think he should have a beard. It'll create continuity problems with cutscenes.
By Paperboy
Olanov wrote:
Paperboy wrote:
I honestly don't think he should have a beard. It'll create continuity problems with cutscenes.
(Y)
By AAShotgun
Registration Days Avatar
Olanov wrote:
Paperboy wrote:
Yeah, I didn't think of that. But at least make his hair look a bit better. Great so far.
By Olanov
Yeah, I don't think there's any problems making general improvements in regards of Tanner. Just some more texture detail etc. where possible. I suppose a good rule of thumb would be to respect continuity and the developers original intent, with a flavor of your own creative freedom and necessary realism. It is all up to you in the end, however.
By Wheelman75
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Wow, these look outta sight! I might just buy the PC version of Driv3r just so I can slap these in!

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]

https://youtu.be/j10ltSvvSFU

Supercharged V8 (Driv3r)

https://youtu.be/PNpHXUwiFKs

A tutorial video on how to make custom missions fo[…]