Modding discussion for DRIV3R.
By VoitureDemolique
Registration Days Posts
I'm new here, so sorry if this has been resolved before.
I love Driv3r, but is there a way to increase the distance at which cars and pedestrians are drawn?
You guys seem to be learning a lot about how driv3r works, so would plainly be the guys for the job.
Driv3r would look and play a lot better in chases if the cars didn't spawn right in front of your face while the terrain has been rendered for a very long distance behind them.

Thanks folks,

VoitureDemolique
By Olanov
Welcome to the forums!

Not at least yet I'm sorry to say. It seems to be something pretty hardcoded into the game if I recall correctly. Who knows what kind of breakthroughs will happen though, so keep an eye out.
By Wheels
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
Like what Olanov said, it's hardcoded. If you can break in there, you should be able to change how pedestrians and other drivers spawn, but it could cause possible lag, so I suggest be aware of that.
By Fireboyd78
There is something that controls this in the mission script, but increasing it actually causes traffic to spawn less often. The AI is coded so horribly in this game it amazes me it even works in the first place.

If I can remember to, I'll post a Cheat Engine table that allows you to adjust the values. They reset when you start a new mission though and replays don't save this type of information (I could be wrong).
By Wheels
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts
CarLuver69 wrote:There is something that controls this in the mission script, but increasing it actually causes traffic to spawn less often. The AI is coded so horribly in this game it amazes me it even works in the first place.

If I can remember to, I'll post a Cheat Engine table that allows you to adjust the values. They reset when you start a new mission though and replays don't save this type of information (I could be wrong).
Add a lag blocker to it. I heard that changing the A,I spawn distance will cause possible lag.
By VAIMAHDO
There is no such thing as a "lag blocker". Whatever the limits of your machine are will give you the possible outcome of lag or not. Such as, if I had 50 D3 vehicles spawned at once in an area, my laptop would die (192MB video memory). But if I were to have a machine with all of the same specs, but with a greater amount of video memory, (1GB for example) I would be able to handle all of those cars. ALSO. Your computer doesn't always have to be the cause. The AI and overall engine that runs the game could lag, even know our computer could support what is being drawn and more.
By Olanov
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote: Your computer doesn't always have to be the cause. The AI and overall engine that runs the game could lag, even know our computer could support what is being drawn and more.
This. If you spam tugas in GTA IV, there is no going back.
By VoitureDemolique
Registration Days Posts
Surely if a draw distance increase causes lower density, doesn't that mean there is another separate limitation on the number of cars in that area. If that was also increased significantly, these changes would allow for excellent traffic.
By VAIMAHDO
Olanov wrote:
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote: Your computer doesn't always have to be the cause. The AI and overall engine that runs the game could lag, even know our computer could support what is being drawn and more.
xD Dam I remember once playing GTA IV on PC multiplayer about a year ago, (When my laptop was far less crashy and unstable) and I was sometimes able to play GTA IV, and anyway, someone spammed a few tugas, and I crashed nearly immediately. I think only 13 were spammed before I crashed. :lol:
By Olanov
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:
Olanov wrote:
xD Dam I remember once playing GTA IV on PC multiplayer about a year ago, (When my laptop was far less crashy and unstable) and I was sometimes able to play GTA IV, and anyway, someone spammed a few tugas, and I crashed nearly immediately. I think only 13 were spammed before I crashed. :lol:
Scary stuff.

Anyway, can't wait for this. I discovered yesterday that if you switch to a NPC player model in single player, your character will do correct speeches automatically in combat, blocked in traffic and what not. It's extremely cool.
By VAIMAHDO
Olanov wrote:
DaRkProDucTioNs00 wrote:
Olanov wrote:
Scary stuff.

Anyway, can't wait for this. I discovered yesterday that if you switch to a NPC player model in single player, your character will do correct speeches automatically in combat, blocked in traffic and what not. It's extremely cool.
Wow, I never seen that. Usually I'll be the "pCool" female character model and usually I will hear a loud "OPEN YOUR EYES" -Niko. Always Niko. lol
By Olanov
You can even play as fish. If you go on land though, you die instantly. This will send you in a loop of dying due to respawning at hospital.
By VoitureDemolique
Registration Days Posts
It has been almost a year now, would you care to give me the cheat engine table(s)? :D

Also, I refer to my older post - is there a way to increase the spawn limit which means less density at further draw distance?
bibidibabidibu liked this
By bibidibabidibu
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
VoitureDemolique wrote:It has been almost a year now, would you care to give me the cheat engine table(s)? :D

Also, I refer to my older post - is there a way to increase the spawn limit which means less density at further draw distance?

https://thirteenag.github.io/wfp#driv3r

thirteenag's widescreen fix is very useful stuff also for draw distance of map. just paste files on your DRIV3R directory and tadaa! map draw distance is became nearly unlimited but I still can't find anything for spawn distance. If someone can find please share !!!
By VoitureDemolique
Registration Days Posts
This is amazing! The difference in distance texture/model detail is quite astounding, especially when you crank the distance to stupid levels. Alleviates some of the z-fighting too! I can only hope this guy has more up his sleeve!

Edit: Does crash a bit though.
bibidibabidibu liked this
By bibidibabidibu
Registration Days Posts Posts Avatar
VoitureDemolique wrote:This is amazing! The difference in distance texture/model detail is quite astounding, especially when you crank the distance to stupid levels. Alleviates some of the z-fighting too! I can only hope this guy has more up his sleeve!

Edit: Does crash a bit though.

for avoiding crashes,

* don't change draw distance's default value in .ini file.
* use maximum resolution on settings page.

(at first I was also getting crashes, but with this setting details everything works very well)
By VoitureDemolique
Registration Days Posts
I notice that above about 10 the setting does nothing anyway haha. No more distance than the default increase - adding more only makes highest LOD on objects match that of the landscape increase.

Pretty cool, still. I'll try to post screenshots tomorrow.
bibidibabidibu, Vortex liked this
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]