Modding discussion for DRIV3R.
By Klancnik777
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Posts Avatar
Image thumbnailImage thumbnail

UPDATE: due to the fact that my youtube channel has been deleted video is not available

This is the biggest discovery in driv3r modding. for me and for Driver madness. i finaly figured it out. how to change character models.

i was doing this this morning sleepy as hell

seriusly i made a big discovery on this one. and sorry about my spelling but i was nervous as hell when i discovered this *heart attack*
anyways after 9 years and we discovered how to change them character models. yet i wanted to change them for 9 years and now finaly here it is!
:specialdriver: :mrgreen: :P
Last edited by Klancnik777 on Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:06 am, edited 7 times in total.
crashman2552, John_Doe_ liked this
By Klancnik777
Runo wrote:Can you change the model into Calita? :D :D
yes i can. but as seen in above picture tanner uses male skeleton while calita uses female skeleton (duh) and result would be as seen in above picture.
Just curious Jan, how did you figure out where the model parent containers were? It's a pretty interesting accomplishment considering I haven't released full specs on how models work :P
By Runo
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar
janujeq wrote:
yes i can. but as seen in above picture tanner uses male skeleton while calita uses female skeleton (duh) and result would be as seen in above picture.
aaargh :( damn! oh well :p
By helkensinken
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Friends Avatar
Runo wrote:
janujeq wrote:
just replace the skeleton (if possible).

sorry for my bad english.
driverever110 wrote:
Runo wrote:
janujeq wrote:

Unfortunately the skeleton that Tanner is assigned in-game is hardcoded into the EXE. It calls for "male_skeleton" so theoretically you can just replace "male_skeleton" with "female_skeleton" in the file where skeletons are defined, but then all of the male pedestrians will have a female skeleton and vice versa. :P
By helkensinken
CarLuver69 wrote:
driverever110 wrote:
Runo wrote:
janujeq wrote:

Unfortunately the skeleton that Tanner is assigned in-game is hardcoded into the EXE. It calls for "male_skeleton" so theoretically you can just replace "male_skeleton" with "female_skeleton" in the file where skeletons are defined, but then all of the male pedestrians will have a female skeleton and vice versa. :P
I always thought it was in the animations folder EX: anim.folder and vice versa

sorry for my bad english
driverever110 wrote:

sorry for my bad english
Indeed, those are the animations. But the game assigns them using the EXE (another way to phrase this is, the game engine assigns animations, not outside/external files), meaning we can't edit a file (like a mission file) and have Tanner use different animations. If that makes any sense.

And your English is fine, you actually wrote a proper sentence and apologized for it :P
By helkensinken
CarLuver69 wrote:
driverever110 wrote:

sorry for my bad english
Indeed, those are the animations. But the game assigns them using the EXE (another way to phrase this is, the game engine assigns animations, not outside/external files), meaning we can't edit a file (like a mission file) and have Tanner use different animations. If that makes any sense.

And your English is fine, you actually wrote a proper sentence and apologized for it :P
thank you (Y) :wink:
By Klancnik777
CarLuver69 wrote:Just curious Jan, how did you figure out where the model parent containers were? It's a pretty interesting accomplishment considering I haven't released full specs on how models work :P
I was basicly experimenting and searching for strings that are in similar form betwen 00's in hex. and i finaly got it working ;D

also to note that gun models can also be changed. for vehicles i didn't test it yet :(
janujeq wrote:
CarLuver69 wrote:Just curious Jan, how did you figure out where the model parent containers were? It's a pretty interesting accomplishment considering I haven't released full specs on how models work :P
I was basicly experimenting and searching for strings that are in similar form betwen 00's in hex. and i finaly got it working ;D

also to note that gun models can also be changed. for vehicles i didn't test it yet :(
Vehicles are much more difficult. Each model comprises of an individual piece of the vehicle, such as a door, a wheel, the trunk, etc.

I'm slowly working on some tools to get the job done, so you shouldn't worry too much :P
By pete
Registration Days Posts Posts Posts Avatar

Also: floating guns
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By helkensinken
pete wrote:

Also: floating guns
glitch :shock:
Crazy Copper Frenzy

https://youtu.be/xAE3QsULyB4

https://youtu.be/AxdGf3F0yIg

Driv3r "Nice Getaway"

https://youtu.be/CYkmGAPoO9s Lucas in Driv3r's Ni[…]

https://youtu.be/Yvc_xKrKhnc?si=k4I5kraarTXctHJp […]